Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:29:48 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] Olecram39  (Read 53876 times)
olecram39

Reputation Power: 3
olecram39 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 10:42:38 PM »

Last night at midnight i got back from a trip from New York City. After living in this country for seven years i finally got the chance to visit The Big City. And let me tell you, it was a great experience. They drive like maniacs in that city. The cab driver from the airport was russian and i thought we were going to crash at least 7 times in 30 minute drive. I am from Miami, and i thought people in miami were crazy drivers but ohhh nooo NYC takes the price. They honk for everything, the streets are horrible, i dont know how people can drive lowered cars in that city. Well here are some pictures i took.

This is three cars turning right from a one lane one way street at the same time.

Gas prices are extremely high compared to Florida.

Is it that bad that you need a rubber mat to protect your bumper from people parking behind you? Apparently it is. This guy went the cheap way. I saw other cars with metal bumpers in front of the regular bumpers in the front and back and they weren't even trucks.

Anyway, i had a great time but i don't think i could live in this city. Shout out to all the New Yorkers out there i give you props.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2013, 08:00:50 AM »

This city sucks. For gas, Those are manhattan prices at a full service station. If you go into the outer boroughs and get self service, you can find gas $0.40 cheaper.

The driving is normal here. Everybody drives like dog shit and you have to be defensive all the time. It really blows.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 09:27:46 AM »

Truth. That's why I try and avoid NYC like the plague. Its either be aggressive or overly defensive to make it out of there in one piece.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2013, 09:45:16 AM »

There are bad drivers everywhere.  Different areas have their own unique variety.  I still love visiting Manhattan though.  I prefer to drive in the city late at night.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2013, 10:23:37 AM »

Let me tell you though, I also did not see ONE accident in the three days I was there. So it seems like yeah they drive crazy but they KNOW how to do it. In Miami you see at least two accidents every time you go out.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2013, 10:36:45 AM »

Fender benders are resolved quickly with a $100 bill. No need to get anybody involved. LoL. 

Cabbies can't drive for shit....I can attest to that. They drive like the city is their personal obstacle course.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2013, 10:41:55 AM »

I was surprised that the man hole covers really steam! Just like in the movies! Lol
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2013, 03:07:38 PM »

I was surprised that the man hole covers really steam! Just like in the movies! Lol

They do that in Detroit too.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2013, 03:01:41 PM »

My TSX Intake Manifold arrived today  Smiley

However, to my surprise when i opened the box this was also inside. The question is, what is it exactly?(i know the IM attaches to it and it might be the injector base?). Will it fit my car? How will it benefit me or hurt me? Or should i just leave the oem accord one?

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:18:44 PM by olecram39 » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2013, 03:25:54 PM »

No need to swap the injector base.  The TSX and Accord injector base is the same exact part.

Tim
olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2013, 03:32:38 PM »

Great. Thanks Tim. Now is there any advantage to having two injector bases? Should i just try to sell it? Or is there anything i can do to it that will improve anything in the car?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2013, 03:54:40 PM »

Nothing that you would really notice.  Sell it if you don't want it taking up space.

Tim
olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2013, 04:10:21 PM »

What about porting the runners? I read something somewhere about that but im not even sure how that works or what it does. What do you think?

Edit: I just found this.
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79796
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:26:21 PM by olecram39 » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »

It would only be useful if you port matched your head to the injector base.  If you just port the runners and not the intake ports of the head, they will not be "matched" and there will be a lip on the head.  That lip will create turbulence and it will hurt performance.  It's not really worth it if you're only going to do half the work.

Tim
olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2013, 11:30:17 PM »

Damn you are good at explaining all this shit. Thanks man i see exactly what you mean.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012