Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:47:28 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracking Left...  (Read 20932 times)
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 08:19:53 PM »

I agree with Mark. Since you are running that much negative camber, you have less tire to make contact with the road. Which in terms equal less grip. Raise the car up and adjust the dampening. I wouldn't run such stiff settings in the front. You have the weight of the engine that puts force down during driving if you were to hit a bump of any sort. Try middle 4/8 in the front and 6/8 in the rear. You'll have to play around with your suspension settings until you can really solve this issue. The tires itself might still cause an issue. If you have done whatever you can to correct suspension settings, and it problem persists, the tires will need to be changed to correct this tracking issue.
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 08:37:07 PM »

Thanks Thien.  Well, there goes my hopes and dreams of riding "dumped" LOL.  I'll adjust the front dampening settings this afternoon.  I really like how the car rides with the current rear dampening of 5/8, so it'll remain as is.  Just like any well executed science experiment, adjust one variable at a time to see it's affect in comparison to the "control".  It's unfortunate I don't have the "control" specimen (i.e. stock Accord) to compare to. LOL.

BTW, there's some pix of the current modifications in this thread:

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/2094585-post59.html

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/2094609-post60.html

Does that contact patch look bad?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:39:21 PM by HEcreated487 » Logged

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 10:38:24 PM »

Its not that terrible, but on a 265, its not that great. I would want to utilize all of the 265. I had 265/35 R18 awhile back on 18x9.5 Volk Racing CE28. I ran but a mere 1.5 degrees of camber in the rear, and 2 degrees in the front. I had very little rubbing issues, and I was roughly 0 finger gap front and 1 finger gap rear.
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2013, 12:00:28 PM »

I agree, Thien.  My goal was to utilize all of the 265 at the rear.  I researched a ton (i.e. your car, MystaTecho (V6P), JT, Alex (k24)), did a bunch of calculations and figured I could run this current wheel/tire setup in the rear and be within OEM alignment specs.  I wasn't expecting to be within OEM specs at the front, but with square wheel/tire combo, rotating tires would allow even tire wear.  I was definintely NOT EXPECTING to run -4.5° or more at the rear.  Embarrassed

Comptemplating what I plan to do next for the Accord, especially on how to mitigate the issues I am currently having.  Thus, SERIOUSLY considering selling/trading my current wheels and tires for something more conservative, especially for the alignment settings.  Too much of a headache.  Oh well, first world problems.   Cry... I would love to hear what you all think I should do regarding the wheels.

BTW, I thought the coupes have more fender clearance than the sedans, hence their ability to run more aggressive and/or wider tire setups compared to the sedans?

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2013, 12:24:59 PM »

They do have more clearance. Not much but they do. How do you think JT was able to tuck 10" wide wheels with a 265 tire?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2013, 12:43:50 PM »

Was JT's setup MB weapons, 18x9 et45 with 265/35 tires?  I think he just had a roll in the rear and no mods in the front.

I believe Alex was running the following specs:

Front:  19x8.5 et45 | 245/35/19 | -0.5° camber | Fender Roll
Rear:  19x9.5 et40 | 265/30/19 | -1.0° camber | Fender Roll

Thus, I was expecting not to have to run such aggressive negative camber if Alex had similar specs.

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2013, 01:04:09 PM »

• 19x10 et35 Rotiform SNA SQUARE
  • 265/30/19 Achilles 2233 tires (400 A A Rating Smiley). 

Front:  19x8.5 et45 | 245/35/19 | -0.5° camber | Fender Roll
Rear:  19x9.5 et40 | 265/30/19 | -1.0° camber | Fender Roll

Thus, I was expecting not to have to run such aggressive negative camber if Alex had similar specs.
The specs on your wheels, and the specs you believe Alex's wheels to be, are not similar.  Your front stick out 29mm more, and your rear stick out 11mm more, than Alex's setup.  That is also not taking into account that you have 265s in the front or the variance in tire manufacturing, where some tires are wider than others (even when claimed to be the same width).

- Mark
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2013, 01:16:35 PM »

Thanks Z and Mark for the responses.

I understand there are some differences in the specs between my setup and others.  In comparing Alex's setup, I feel the differences at the rear would not necessitate a variation in camber by 3.5°.  Or at least that's what I was not expecting, nor calculated.  Again, based on research and calculations, I was anticipating I could run this current wheel/tire setup in the rear and be within OEM alignment specs.  I wasn't expecting to be within OEM specs at the front (as Mark and Thien both stated), but with square wheel/tire combo, rotating tires would allow even tire wear.  Again, I was definintely NOT EXPECTING to run -4.5° or more at the rear.

It is what it is.  Thanks again fellas.

ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2013, 01:50:46 PM »

If it was me I would raise the car up a bit and try to get rid of some of that negative camber.  I'd rather the wheels poke out a bit than to have the car constantly pull to one side and chew up tires quickly.   
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2013, 02:06:17 PM »

I'm curious here Mike. This drift of yours only started with this wheel/ tire combo or was it present with your old Matrix wheels? As I have no idea when you made the switch since you keep your car under wraps most of the time.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2013, 02:16:59 PM »

The drift only started with the new wheel/tire setup and the revised alignment settings.  I think I've fully exhausted the alignment side of things, so it is most likely attributed to the wheel/tire combo.  I do plan to have the rear wheels rebalanced, as they haven't been rebalanced since delivery from the CONUS.  That'll be my starting point.  Again, all wheels were balanced before shipment from CA, but two wheels had the weights fall off upon arrival.  Those wheels have been rebalanced and placed on the fronts.  The other two wheels were placed at the rear.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2013, 03:09:38 PM »

Did the PO ever mention a pull? What did the tread look like when you put them on?

HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2013, 03:15:39 PM »

You mean whether the previous owner had mentioned issues with a pull from the wheels and tires?  If so, then the answer would be "no".  The wheels and tires were brought brand new from a shop in CA; tires mounted, aired and balanced by that same shop; then shipped.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2013, 03:32:06 PM »

Oh. I thought you picked them up used. My bad.

HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2013, 04:33:17 PM »

Does anyone suspect the swaying could be attributed to improperly balanced / imbalanced rear wheels, since the rear set of wheels/tires has not been rebalanced since being shipped?  I plan to swap the rears to the front and see if any vibration ensues; then take the appropriate actions thereon.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012