Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:27:45 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBC(Retrofitted Boys Club) members check in!  (Read 18390 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 12:13:54 PM »

They looked good, but they weren't my style.  So I replaced the amber reflector with a clear one and blackhoused them.  I will try to find some pictures of other retrofits to show you.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 01:30:02 PM »

Here you go.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 04:04:46 PM »

Thanks! Time to start saving. I think those look really nice. Those are A4 shrouds, right? What is a good projector to use? Has anyone tried to do the AFS. I like it a lot. My moms car has it and the lights just follow the road. I doubt it would work with out a lot of serious work. I guess I need to start collecting parts, I need to do a little bit more research though.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 04:12:17 PM »

^Those are true E46 shrouds.  Best projector at least in my opinion is the S2k's. Check out the pics of my old retro's and cutoff pics on the first page. The guy I sold me retro's to is selling some S2k projectors on v6p I think. His screen name is bluesolara.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2009, 04:18:25 PM »

Im about to go look at those, thanks for the suggestion. *edit* they sold

Ok, so here is my thinking:
Projectors- S2k, depending on how much they cost or TSX because they dont seem to expensive.
Shrouds- E46R shrouds
wiring harness-?
bulbs-?
ballasts-?

Somebody want to help me fill in the blanks?

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2009, 04:28:30 PM »

Those are BMW E46 shrouds I think.  They are definitely not A4 shrouds.  I just pulled the picture from HID Planet.

Good luck with getting any sort of AFS system to work with your car.  I think you're in over your head on that one.  Considering that you'd have to integrate the AFS system from another car from another manufacturer, and then get it to read information from you ECU, it's just not a practical modification.  Those AFS systems factor in all kinds of variables (like speed, how much you're turning, braking) that would be determined by information coming from the ECU.  I'm sure it's possible, but not worth the effort.

As far as your list goes, here's what I would recommend.

Projectors:  S2000 > TSX (but also consider FX35's if you want Bi-Xenon)
Shrouds: whatever floats your boat
Wiring Harness:  custom made and highly suggested (I make them if you're not good at wiring and soldering)
Ballasts: Hella/Philips Gen3 are plentiful
Bulbs: Philips 85122+ D2S

Tim
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2009, 04:30:08 PM »

Yeah I figured it would be just about impossible.

Would THIS be a good place to start?

Bill C.
SECM member
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2009, 05:27:09 PM »

That's not a bad start, but you can source the parts yourself and probably save some money.

Tim
driveaccord

Reputation Power: 3
driveaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2009, 07:22:57 PM »

my new retro
oem blackhoused headlights
clear lens s2k projectors
audi a4 shrouds   
no color mod
phillips d2s 4300k bulbs
bought from my buddy brian

thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2009, 09:21:38 PM »

secret projecto that is sitting in the garage.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 11:49:32 PM »

Hey, reminds me of this:

Rich
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2009, 04:24:30 PM »

I like that blue glow...you know what they did to give that effect Rich? I would do something like that, but in like an amber color.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2009, 04:37:29 PM »

I read that some people actually paint the shield where others make some weird glowing mechanism that isn't directly mounted in the projector itself because of heat.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 06:03:42 PM »

No glow, just the reflection from above lol...It's looks good though. I'll dig through some forums and get back to you about that.

Rich
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2009, 05:17:36 PM »

Here's my retro:
E46 bixenons with ZKW-R swap in the lows
D2S Valeos with TSX-R lens swap in the highs
Crossfire shrouds
Blacked out reflector and housing with clear reflector
egay tinted lenses for that stealth look I've been sporting
DDM 35w 5000k Raptor V1 kits in retro and fogs

Please excuse the quickie cell phone shot. I'll get better ones when its light out.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012