Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:49:52 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 194101 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #615 on: March 14, 2015, 01:16:06 PM »

I'm just not a fan of the brand and the quality of their products. A lot of companies will "push" a specific product because they make more money on it than others.

If you really want my advice, get a subwoofer. Expecting your midrange speakers to do the job of a subwoofer just isn't a realistic expectation.

You wouldn't need a large sub or a huge enclosure to get better bass. Look into a single 8" subwoofer with a properly designed enclosure.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 14, 2015, 01:40:26 PM »

Yup knew it would be this advice, i'm not expecting the bass from a sub tho, just a bit better than my oem. Actually looking at other options than those I showed earlier, I might just go with some relatively cheap speakers for now to see how it compares and then get a better idea of what I want/ need

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 16, 2015, 12:43:47 AM »

I finally went with those for now, I'll see how they sound and then decide what I really want. I paid them 45$ so that would not be a big loss and I compared in new for 80$-100$ they were no where near the visual quality of those. Just got to find out if they would be better sounding tho.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #618 on: March 16, 2015, 09:30:29 AM »

If you want more bass, the front speakers are where you should focus your attention.  The rear speakers aren't as important as the front.  The rule is that you spend 80% of your speaker budget on the front and 20% on the rear.  Another thing you can do with your existing set up is to be sure that you seal your speakers to your door with some closed cell foam or double sided foam tape.  That will seal off the back waves from the front waves and reduce any frequency canceling.  Also, a piece of sound deadening material behind the speaker in the door panel will also help absorb the back waves.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 16, 2015, 10:19:07 AM »

okok, you mean to replace the factory foam in front/around the speakers ? I'll check on that. Also, a buddy of mine offered me to give me a 4 channel amp (don't the brand yet), and someone advised me on getting a rca converter/ sound processor thingy at the front near the radio, to run RCA cables at the back to the amp and then get decent speaker wires to the speakers. he advised me on a RE-Q5 but they seems to be discontinued and don't seems to be available anymore. What is your thought on that and do you have any inputs on a similar product if you think it is a good idea, I am on a low budget thing here.

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 16, 2015, 10:45:05 AM »

Found this, seems pretty decent, and comes with a harness for the factory radio.
I checked for audiocontrol stuff but they are way too nice for what I need.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=561&CategoryID=28

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #621 on: March 16, 2015, 10:47:46 AM »

The foam should be placed between the speaker and the panel it is bolted to.  As far as a line out converter, I would recommend AudioControl LC6i line out converter.  AudioControl makes pretty good stuff.  I did an install with one using a high quality amplifier and speakers and was impressed with the audio quality from using an OEM head unit.

Tim
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #622 on: March 16, 2015, 10:54:39 AM »

PAC is okay.  If you're on a budget, it will work for what you need.  I'm sure our standards are different when it comes to audio quality, and working on a budget can force you to make certain considerations on what is important.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 16, 2015, 11:01:04 AM »

190$ CAD for a LC6i, not too bad ! thought it would be like 350$+

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 16, 2015, 11:10:00 AM »

This is my first real audio upgrade that I really am taking my time to get info on what components do and stuff, even if it is a cheap upgrade. I did my fronts before but only because my oem ones stopped working and just bought what fit in the price range I could afford. I think the LC6i would be still great for a 2.0 version upgrade in the future (like better amp, speakers and maybe a sub). I don't think it is worth buying the PAC for the price the audiocontrol is available.

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 16, 2015, 10:36:42 PM »

Quick question about amps specs, actually about specs of this amp that was given to me. Yes I know it is a cheap one, I've been looking at its specs and one of them confused me. It's the input sensitivity. If I use the LC6i, It will convert into low-level signal right ?, so does that mean that the amp can't take more than 2V from the signal coming from the LC6i ? I worries me because I see the "maximised" setting from the LC6i is about 9V. Is that a completly different thing or does it mean that i'll need to adjust my LC6i to make it peaks a 2V when a 3/4 radio volume ?

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 05, 2015, 08:55:35 PM »

I did install the amp using the hi-level inputs, turns out it is worse than it was with my oem unit alone. In a bonus, I got electrical whine and I can hear every relay click in my speakers, like the turn signals. Pretty nice. I'll diagnose the issue, checking my grounds and testing the amp using rca inputs. Good thing I wired my stuff so that upgrading would be easy.
I'll post pictures in my profile thread.

Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 06, 2016, 09:57:26 PM »

So I have to replace my speakers, some are ripped, blown or other wiring issues.... BUTTT looking for a 4ohm setup that can drop in. I had to use spacers for my 60.9cs even though they were "shallow" rated

Any suggestions for the front speakers? As per Tim's recommendation I am not too concerned with the rears. I did previously have a foam baffle in place, but there was some corrosion that got to the speakers still, probably due to moisture rather than direct water contact. The MDF spacer rings I had in place turned to mush.

Thanks,
Asim

A S I M O
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 16, 2017, 09:31:23 PM »

What have y'all found to be the best hardware to mount speakers in the rear deck. Doing a sound system overhaul and my current nut and bolt combo is a PITA to put in and remove.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #629 on: April 17, 2017, 02:40:28 PM »

It's been a while since I've done anything in the rear deck.  I switched from 6"x9"s to 5.25" round speakers a long time ago.  I recall mounting a set of speakers from the bottom at one point.

What kind of problems are you having with the existing hardware?

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012