Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:05:15 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 194096 times)
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 14, 2012, 12:34:15 PM »

Hey guys I'm looking to put a sub back in my car. Thing is I don't want it to weigh a ton, but I do want it to sound decent. Do you guys have any recommendations? I'm looking at either one 10" or possibly two 8" not looking to spend more then $250 - $300 at most
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: February 14, 2012, 11:53:36 PM »

I'd get one 10" sub and an enclosure designed for the sub.  Don't get one of those one size fits all enclosures.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
James_P
Fucking Newb

James_P pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 26, 2012, 07:06:26 PM »

How do i re download the software from the disc in my dvd rom for my navigation?

Copied from other post:
Hey Guys, I'm new here, but i've been lurking around for a while. I recently purchased my 03 accord and the navi wasn't working. I had a friend diagnose it and the system had to compacters out, so they were fixed. Now i have the radio portion working(using the top screen) but the navigation screen doesn't work. I was just wondering what the problem is. I read that the dvd rom in the trunk could be bad, but i wanted to know if you guys have any input that could help me out before i spend some $.
Thanks Everyone
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:18:25 PM by CrackerTeg » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: February 26, 2012, 10:43:03 PM »

I wish I had experience with the OEM navi.  I'm sure someone in here can chime in and help though.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: February 26, 2012, 11:12:18 PM »

What version is your DVD, and what color? I can't quite remember, but I think my old 05 had an orange 1.4 DVD or something like that. If that's the case for yours, I still have a custom navi disc I made that will reload the software and show a different start-up image. I could rip the disc and give you an .iso file for you to burn to your own disc. Whether or not it will work, I have no idea. It may be that your disc is shot. At least my custom disc will be able to reload the software, though.

James_P
Fucking Newb

James_P pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 27, 2012, 10:45:08 AM »

The DVD is orange, and in fine print at the bottom it says "Ver.3.20"
I read alot that people send the DVD ROM into alpine, alpine diagnose it and call to tell what the problem is. My question is, idk if the screen isnt working because theres a possability that the DVD rom is bad. What other things could make the screen not work.
Thank you for your help
aTYpicalTYrant

aTYpicalTYrant pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 27, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »

What version is your DVD, and what color? I can't quite remember, but I think my old 05 had an orange 1.4 DVD or something like that. If that's the case for yours, I still have a custom navi disc I made that will reload the software and show a different start-up image. I could rip the disc and give you an .iso file for you to burn to your own disc. Whether or not it will work, I have no idea. It may be that your disc is shot. At least my custom disc will be able to reload the software, though.

I need this in my life!
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 22, 2012, 10:21:29 PM »

What capacitor's do you guys recommend ? am not running anything too serious just 1 300watt 4 channel and 1 300 watt mono for sub , different people tell me different things such as , just hook up the capacitor to the mono amp and not the 4 channel one , what would be the correct way to go about this ,

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: March 22, 2012, 10:42:45 PM »

If you are planning on using a capacitor, you can connect it to the sub amp.  I've had capacitors before, but found it wasn't necessary with my current set up.

Tim
seiplentz
Fucking Newb

seiplentz pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 22, 2012, 11:36:39 PM »

+1 with the above post. If you use a capacitor just put it on the sub amp since that one will draw the most current when the bass hits.  A 1 farad should be plenty for a 300 watt amp.
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Reputation Power: 2
Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 31, 2012, 11:18:41 PM »

what brand of audio capacitors would you guys suggest?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: April 01, 2012, 01:05:51 AM »

I don't use a capacitor, so I don't have a suggestion.

Tim
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Reputation Power: 2
Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 12, 2012, 12:49:26 AM »

ok so Tim, I'm currently not using a aftermarket H/U and i was searching for one and i was thinking i wanted to keep the look in the car stock as possible. I don't live in the best area so i want my audio system to look stock just in case someone looks into my car they don't see anything. I already have speakers, amps, and subs installed, but i feel like I'm losing some of the quality from the stock H/U.

would a equalizer help with my problem at all?

Any help would be appreciated. Worst comes to worst ill get an aftermarket H/U and hide it somewhere or something.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: April 12, 2012, 07:43:02 AM »

Tim what is the shallow mount sub you use?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: April 12, 2012, 10:11:05 AM »

would a equalizer help with my problem at all?

No.  An EQ really won't do much.  I prefer aftermarket h/u's because they usually give you an integrated solution.  Because manufacturers make it so hard to upgrade, another alternative would be an external signal processor that connects to your speaker wire outputs on your OEM h/u.  Something like a JL Audio Clean Sweep, or an Alpine PXE-H660 would work.  There are probably others, but I don't know as much about them because it's not an area of the industry I pay attention to very much.

Tim what is the shallow mount sub you use?

I have a JL Audio 13TW5.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012