Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:26:23 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UBER Pothole = Tire/Wheel Problems  (Read 9565 times)
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 08:33:47 AM »

Quote from: "NWINNIE34"
i should send these pics to the Dept of Transportation and make sure they have it fixed....

you know that is a great idea because someone could of been killed if they would of loss control because of it...

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 09:02:22 AM »

You may want to send them the photos with a nice letter asking them for some type of compensation. I know I had an issue like this in RI a few years back, and they reimbursed me for the tire and wheel after I sent them a letter with photos.
Fenix

Reputation Power: 4
Fenix pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 09:07:08 AM »

atleast in NY the pothole has to been previously documented for a week before they will compensate you.

Quote from: timot_one
I'll let you guys know that I can only tolerate so much douchebaggery
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 01:56:25 PM »

worth a try i suppose... i have nothing to lose by sending it in
i'll let you all know how i make out

as for now i wait for rim to get shipped to me... then i install my suspension

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 04:00:28 PM »

thats fixable, but yea if you can find another one for $150 shipped, then just go with the new one.  then you dont have to worry about the integrity of the rim being compromised from a fix.

that eats ass man.  i nailed a pothole on an exit ramp on 684 about a month ago that i thought FOR SURE fucked up my front rim.  after checking it out it was fine.  definitely dodged a bullett with that one.

J u s t i n
NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 06:15:25 PM »

this pothole felt like it snapped my axle haha im not shittin ya.... i coasted for at least 500 ft before i hit the gas again, i was so scared
what can ya do... ya win some ya loose some, i'll be sure to write a letter with a copy of my photo, no need to get pushy just wanna do the responsible thing and report it, if they decide to throw me a couple bucks i'll be more than happy to take a handout

new camera JUST came in the mail.. i'll take a nice pic later, that one above was from my cellphone camera

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 10:55:35 PM »

Woah.  That's pretty gnarly damage to your rim.  Like everyone else has said, replace it.  Justin is right, it may be repairable but that would also compromise the integrity.  For $150 to replace it, I would have done the same thing.  Sorry to hear about it though.  I hope you can get reimbursed by the state or the city.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Sworkhard

Reputation Power: 1
Sworkhard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 05:57:27 PM »

That's actually not too bad considering you have aftermarket rims (18" from the looks of things).  I hit a small boulder that was on a bridge deck with my accord and my oem 16" rim looked like that.  The tires were at 35PSI at that time.  I got mine fixed for $180 (because I could find any used ones quickly and new ones were $400 from the stealership).  Your definately better off going with a new one though.

[size=150]Stephen[/size]
03 Accord EX-L 5MT
NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 06:25:26 PM »

i assume by the looks of things the tire should be fine... right?

went back to take a pic of that pothole and for some reason didnt see it.... weird......

Sworkhard

Reputation Power: 1
Sworkhard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 04:47:31 PM »

it looks like the tire is fine from the outside.  when you get it installed on your new rim, they will let you know if it damaged the tire on the inside.

[size=150]Stephen[/size]
03 Accord EX-L 5MT
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 05:10:40 PM »

new rims. It will never be the same again even if you fix it

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012