Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:44:44 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (SOLVED) Whirling Noise in Wheel Rotation  (Read 11966 times)
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 10:31:50 AM »

Good to know on the axels. The sound is the same after hitting around 15mph. I'm running Flaken tires on these new rims. Had the same sound when I was running the Jinyu tires about a month ago! So it can't be the tires. I don't think I need an alignment has my car drives pretty smooth and straight even letting go of the wheel. 

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 10:33:30 AM »

...and yes the noise is only presistant when the windows are up I'm guessing when they are down outside activities ie: traffic, road noise, people and what not drown out the noise!

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 12:34:44 PM »

Really might be that your rotors are wearing and the slots have less depth. Trying hitting your rotors with some brake cleaner and wipe them down see if it has an impact on the noise.
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 01:10:56 PM »

Will do Mike! Thanks

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 07:14:28 PM »

So looks like my issue is semi solved! Mike was right, I didn't wipe em down cuz its been raining here but I did spray the rotors with brake cleaner. I drove foward tapping on the brakes to get that thin layer of rust that forms after rain off. Then I sprayed them again. What do you know the sound almost completely went away. So I guess I will be ordering a new set of rotors real soon.

I just drove into the city to get my wife and the normal sound of driving is so damn beautiful!!!
Thanks to everyone who chimed in on this issue. Hopefully this will help anyone else down the road if they run into the same problem. 

Mike you da man!

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 07:15:49 PM »

The littlest things that do wonders!

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 09:09:08 PM »

To be honest I know this because I just ordered new rotors myself. I was having a noise also, and I went with EBC blank rotors got them at Summit Racing. Slotted seemed to be causing the noise so I'm going to avoid them for now.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 09:38:47 PM »

Damnit. Why didn't this come up prior to my purchasing of the Ultimaxx rotors? Whatever. For not being bedded in yet, they stop pretty damn good. Can't wait for that 200 mile mark that EBC recommends to bed in the pads.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 09:40:50 PM »

Weird. I have slotted Endless rotors and I have never heard a whirling noise from them.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 09:48:52 PM »

Mine where ultimaxx... I really think it has a lot to do with them wearing to the point where the slots are to shallow to expel the brake dust. Almost like it then forms a layer of dust and causes some noise... When cleaned the noise goes away.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 10:28:09 PM »

Thien, that's because your brakes a m4d tyte3 jdm yO! Those don't make funny noises. Everybody knows that.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 10:34:05 PM »

That may be true. Made in Japan not China/Taiwan lol
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012