Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:48:13 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (SOLVED) Whirling Noise in Wheel Rotation  (Read 11899 times)
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2012, 10:28:34 PM »

So as some might know already I recently posted I was getting a whirling noise when driving. I was told it was the wheel bearings and I had the front ones replaced last weekend. My problem is I still have the fu*king noise! I feel like I am the only one freaking hearing it! I don't know what else to do... It sounds similiar to like when your go over a bridge with the steel floor you get this whirling noise until your back on the pavement, but for me it is constent!

Any other idea's before I blow this beeotch up!  mad

I know our hub center bore is 64.1 and my rims I just relized are 73.1  Could a need of some hub centric rings help... maybe this is the problem. I get NO wheel vibration at all from any speeds. Driving in the car is perfect except for the noise.

I recently had my tranny done back in the summer of 2010 so it can't possibly be a tranny problem.... and I know the noise is different. Most of the related info I'm finding they say is either the tranny or wheel bearings.

I'm like over it already!

Any help would be appreciated. I will try and take it to my other mechanic next week and see if they can pin point the issue.

Edit: Issue SOLVED!

So looks like my issue is semi solved! Mike was right, I didn't wipe em down cuz its been raining here but I did spray the rotors with brake cleaner. I drove foward tapping on the brakes to get that thin layer of rust that forms after rain off. Then I sprayed them again. What do you know the sound almost completely went away. So I guess I will be ordering a new set of rotors real soon.

I just drove into the city to get my wife and the normal sound of driving is so damn beautiful!!!
Thanks to everyone who chimed in on this issue. Hopefully this will help anyone else down the road if they run into the same problem. 

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 08:42:02 PM by CrazyCreashunz » Logged

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 11:21:59 PM »

Hub rings are so cheap that I would throw those on as they couldn't hurt. Should run you like $10-20 max.

If that doesn't work, have you tried moving the front wheels to the rear and see if it follows the tires/rims?

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 11:27:39 PM »

I got the rings will install thursday. I had a new set of rims/tires when I had the gold setup... thought the noise was the cheap tires. Ended up getting another set of rims/ with Falken tires and same noise. so it's def not the rims/tires.

thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 12:48:01 AM »

alignment?

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 07:21:15 AM »

When I got the wheels balanced and put on the car I asked the guy if I needed to get another alignment he said no. My ride doesn't drift to any side. Its pretty steady even letting go of the wheel. would you actually get a noise from needing an alignment?

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 07:51:21 AM »

What did your mechanic say was the issue? Also, I can't remember if you said it before since I'm old and my memory sucks but can you tell where it's coming from?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 08:02:13 AM »

What did your mechanic say was the issue? Also, I can't remember if you said it before since I'm old and my memory sucks but can you tell where it's coming from?

Well before I got the front bearings done I was told that could be the problem since the car is 10 yrs old that the bearings might have gone dry and it giving off the noise because of friction. So I ended up buying 2 front bearings and having them replaced locally. I am still getting the noise so now I'm like wtf! It more or less sounds like it is coming from the front.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 08:54:42 AM »

I'm at a loss then. The only other thing I can think of is your axles.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 12:36:32 PM »

Axles really.... will double check, how would I know if they are shot?

...I added the hub centric rings. I did notice the space between the center of the hub and the rim. The rings filled it in nicely. However I still feel like I hear the noise. Maybe i'm just used to hearing it cuz my fan in the house now has he same freaking hummm...lolz I tell you i'm going crazy.

I will double check everything next Sunday when I can take it to my friends cousin who is a mechanic and see what he can find. My next option is to pay Honda to check it out. I think they charge like $80 or so.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 01:20:33 PM »

Do you have slotted rotors?
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 03:52:03 PM »

Do you have slotted rotors?
Slotted and cross drilled! Had em' for over 2 years now... and i'm a weekend driver, so they really havent had the much wear and tear I think.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 04:00:47 PM »

Usually slotted rotors have that whirring noise. You may just be hyper sensitive about it now since you've replaced your wheel bearings.

Where is the noise coming from again?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 09:19:56 PM »

Usually slotted rotors have that whirring noise. You may just be hyper sensitive about it now since you've replaced your wheel bearings.

Where is the noise coming from again?

Could be... the noise comes from the front end. I just drove to Brooklyn and back and the noise has seemed to have gone down alittle. I also don't have my usual headache from the humming noise lolz. I'm going to still get my axels checked and replace that DS rear caliper I think is stuck.

Keep you guys in the loop of things as my car will be parked until next Sunday!

MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 11:17:42 PM »

An axle won't cause a whirling noise. Now, does it progressively gets louder as you drive faster and quiets down as you slow down? Also, does it make that noise during turns? What tires are you running?
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 08:01:19 AM »

Do you notice the noise when the windows are up?
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012