Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:30:49 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to: remove sunroof cover  (Read 5572 times)
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2012, 03:50:04 PM »

after looking online for any type of PDf or instruction I couldn't find anything, all the pdfs are for the headliner, only shows the headliner & not the sunroof cover... so I removed the whole damn thing, to find out i could have taken it out, w/o removing the whole sunroof assembly, and decided to take pics as a step by step for a how to.. and here you go

Tools needed:
T25 torque screw remover
Philips screwdriver
ratchet & size 10
and a magnet to make it easier the torque screws are really small

Super domo says Dont do this... you WILL NOT be able to get the window out, one of the torque screws will be blocked...again dont take out the whole assembly..

circles here are the torque screw positions...

Start here...
tilt sunroof like so,

once tilted you will be able to see the screws as seen here

once all are removed angle  the glass to be easier to grab from the top like so

grab a blanket or something that is thick but soft so you dont scratch the glass

once removed you will take this of, it sits on the front on the sunroof,

green shows where it was, red shows where the 2 philips screws are (one on each side)

next its time to pop off a piece from the back of the hole, as shown here.

BE CAREFUL!!! Remove like this..

or end up with this

once you take em off leave them like this

once those are off you will have to pop it off the rail, to make it easier, slide the plastic you just took off towards the front of the car as much as you can then make the green in the 1st pic touch, start on the left side...

Left side

where it was hooked to rail

Right side, green where hooked to rail, red where piece hooks into that green piece

Once off, go drink a beer...Yes, that is a step, the hardest part is over...

once done, sit in car, remove screws W/ the ratchet,that hold in the sunroof assembly as shown here, the one in the front, then the first two on each side, then remove one more on the left side, should be right above the pillar where your seatbelt was,
note
the sunroof assembly will come down a bit on the front, its ok, you can put one hand on the crossbar that is on the assembly, to make you feel more comfortable if you want....
forgot to take a pic of where the screws, so here is a mock up with a few of the positions..the screws should be a goldish color, was for me..... if you still need help, then wth...

once removed, you can slide the sunroof cover off, once you get the edge of the sunroof assembly and you have a bit of difficulty, its ok just wiggle it slightly while pulling, it will come out...

AND YOU ARE DONE!!!!
 enjoy what ever it is you do to yours, here is mine

to put back together just do the steps in reverse, you will have to jiggle the sunroof assembly back in too....
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:11:01 AM by Armyguy239 » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 11:45:33 PM »

Stickied.  Good how to.  Chris, go through your post and clean up some of the font color and size changes you made.

Are those purple wheels on that EM1?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Armyguy239

Doc

Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 01:16:19 AM »

Stickied.  Good how to.  Chris, go through your post and clean up some of the font color and size changes you made.

Are those purple wheels on that EM1?

thanks tim, I did it over on v6p, then just copied and pasted it to the other 2 forums lol... but done, didn't notice the codes were different

and yes, the Original rims that were on there were stolen, and those were given to us... those will end up stayin on until we do the build, and find some better rims/tires...
 we're also going to put in a k24a2 in the em1... its going to be for  track use over @ sebring raceway and other tracks.. so far it's completely gutted out....and we're working on suspension..
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 03:55:03 AM »

Cool stuff.  There's a guy out here that built a sick EM1. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
jazzyjerry
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
jazzyjerry pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 01:00:06 PM »

you said you found out you can remove the sunroof cover without removing the whole sunroof itself? but according to the pics it looks like you removed the whole assembly.
Armyguy239

Doc

Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 11:20:12 PM »

look at the pics closely. you will see that I put the whole assembly in the car, and the raason why I had to put it back in the car. I show you only what you have to remove..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012