Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:38:54 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: function and form coils Clunking noise ?????  (Read 8217 times)
paulonfiya
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
paulonfiya pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2012, 02:41:22 AM »

I just installed the coilovers 2 months and the suspensions are making a clunking noise like the coilovers are blown and bottoming out but the ride is not bouncy. I haven't touched the preload at all. And I'm not even dropped that much.

| SOS | Inspire Fog Light | FF1 | Weds Sport | JL Audio | Focal Audio | Memphis Audio | Infinity Kapa |
paulonfiya
Fucking Newb

paulonfiya pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 02:51:59 AM »

helppppppppppp  Cry Cry Cry Cry

| SOS | Inspire Fog Light | FF1 | Weds Sport | JL Audio | Focal Audio | Memphis Audio | Infinity Kapa |
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 09:01:34 AM »

helppppppppppp  Cry Cry Cry Cry

When you're posting that late at night, you really shouldn't expect to get a response in less than 10 minutes.  Be patient and people will try and help.  It's also a good idea to try and provide as much information as possible.

Where is the noise coming from?  Front, rear, all four corners?  What have you checked since you started hearing the noise?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:13:16 AM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 01:14:01 AM »

your front ball joint is hiting in the inside.. mines does it all the time when i hit a hard bump.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 09:52:12 AM »

And I'm not even dropped that much.

Alex, that only happens when you're dumped or have the Ingalls front camber kit.  From the pictures he's posted of his car, it doesn't seem that he's so low that it would cause his upper front ball joint to hit the shock tower.  Anyway, he was vague about the details, so it's hard to assume what the problem is.  It could be as simple as a nut that wasn't torqued properly and worked itself loose.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
paulonfiya
Fucking Newb

paulonfiya pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 11:01:44 PM »

noise coming from rear passgr side..
DIY: Megan Racing Coilover Noise Fix 1

i have same problem but its coming from rear pass, but middle bolt tight

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 11:34:01 PM »

So wait, is yours moving like the one in the video?  Can you tell us what you've done so far to try and resolve this?

Tim
paulonfiya
Fucking Newb

paulonfiya pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 08:38:21 AM »

yea on rear passenger side, i havent fixx it yet, i tried to tightning up but it was tight already. next plan to take off then re install it.....

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 11:08:53 AM »

That's your best bet.  Take it out, make sure the top hat is tight and then reinstall.  It may turn out that you may find some damage.

Tim
paulonfiya
Fucking Newb

paulonfiya pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 01:34:51 AM »

yea

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 09:37:27 AM »

Let us know how it turns out Paul.  I'm interested to find out what the problem was.

Tim
paulonfiya
Fucking Newb

paulonfiya pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 11:13:38 PM »

ok

HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 01:01:40 PM »

Not sure if this helps, but others are having similar problems with the HT-Spec Type coils (i.e. custom F&F):

Sad New F&F Coilovers Sound Blown??

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
paulonfiya
Fucking Newb

paulonfiya pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 12:42:36 AM »

its not blown the main nuts from the tophat is lil lose

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »

Glad it was a simple fix.

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012