Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:49:22 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSX Parts on 04 Accord?  (Read 7360 times)
korrupt3dazn
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
korrupt3dazn pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2011, 03:10:02 AM »

I know for TSX IM

i4 Accord 03-05 You need 04-05 TSX IM
i4 Accord 06-07 You need 06-08 TSX IM

I assume I would need the TB and Headers off an 04-05 TSX since I have an o4 accord? Or does that only matter for the Intake Manifold?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 05:06:31 AM »

All you need is the IM. FYI, we have 4 bangers. Its a header.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
korrupt3dazn
Fucking Newb

korrupt3dazn pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 09:32:01 AM »

I already have the 04-05 TSX IM installed. I was just wondering for Exhaust header and TB do I have to get it from the 04-05 TSX? or can I get it from any year (04-08)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 10:31:05 AM »

Doesn't matter. The TSX header is longer than any header made for our cars. You'd have to mod the exhaust for it to bolt on properly. Also, the TB's are identical if you plan on going stock for stock.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
korrupt3dazn
Fucking Newb

korrupt3dazn pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 10:35:55 AM »

yea I am aware of the 2" that need to be cut off the exhaust. I just wanted to make sure it would bolt up to the engine. i was just wondering because for intake manifold I need it off a 04-05 tsx, would I need the exhaust manifold off the accord from 04-05 tsx as well?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 11:13:33 PM »

The TSX exhaust manifold isn't really worth spending money on.  Go with aftermarket instead.  I have both, if you want to buy one.  The TSX TB is not the same as the 04 Accord.  You cannot use a TSX TB on an 03-05 Accord.
The 04 Accord TB is DBC (cable).

All TSX TB's are DBW (not cable).

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 01:52:32 AM »

I was under the impression the TB's were the same. I totally forgot the TSX TB was DBW.

Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »

Does that mean the TSX TB would work with 06-07 (DBW) i4's?

Is the TSX TB larger diameter?

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 10:49:16 PM »

If you can use a TSX IM on an Accord (with the Accord TB), then there's no reason why you can't use a TSX TB.  I'm not sure if the bore is the same size though.  If it is, you'd probably want to port match the IM to the TB.  I doubt you'd see much gains from it though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 10:41:16 AM »

I could've sworn the two were the same bore size. I think I remember reading that on k20. Not sure though.

korrupt3dazn
Fucking Newb

korrupt3dazn pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 04:14:10 PM »

Got bored at work and was searching for awhile and looks like the k24a4 (03-05 accord) and k24a8 (06-07 accord) has a TB diameter of 60mm. and TSX 06-08 TB has a TB Diameter of 64mm. So I guess if you had 06-07 accord and you get the TSX IM you should get the TSX TB as well...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012