Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:54:23 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comptech SC from TSX fits 7G?  (Read 18547 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 10:51:19 PM »

Yeah.  Pretty much.  It's not a big deal.  I know that challenges that come into play when installing their SC on an Accord.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
eagonzalez2013
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
eagonzalez2013 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 11:43:12 PM »

can you guys help dumb it down for me on what is better for an AT accord a supercharger or turbo? because i've been researching on how a turbo and supercharger works, but i'm still confused on what is better?
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 01:01:12 AM »

Neither if you like your transmission. People here prefer SC and a few guys have done it on their AT accords.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 01:29:30 AM »

There's only one guy that I know of that SC'd his AT Accord.  I'm pretty sure his tranny is hurting now.  Of all the people that said they were going to do it, there are only 2 people that I know of that have actually supercharged their K24 Accords.  One AT and one MT.  I haven't heard from the AT guy lately, and he hasn't posted here in forever.  I've heard the MT is still around and kicking though.  

There was another guy back in the day on the old school g7a that slapped on a turbo kit on his AT Accord and he had all kinds of problems.  If you're seriously considering building a more powerful motor and keeping your AT, look into transmission upgrades before you do anything to the motor.  If it were me, I'd go with a SC for an AT.  There's a pretty big surge in power with a turbo, which isn't that great for an AT.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:34:55 AM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 09:27:22 AM »

I could've swore there was another guy that did a SC on an MT. There was also one guy that slapped on a Greddy turbo kit onto his stock block Accord with MT and he blew it up since he decided he wanted to cheap out on his management. You know the guy Tim. He's a fan of egay.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »

Yeah, that guy got the turbo kit from the other dude that had it.  I'm not sure of a 3rd k24 Accord with a SC.  I remember back in the day, jim had a JRSC and Blinx had one too, but they both backed out for some reason.  I also know that ADI was planning on going with a sc, but his plans may have changed.  Also, icebox picked up an EP3 JRSC for super cheap, but decided not to go with it because the manifold sucks.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 09:51:59 AM »

Adrian actually dropped the idea and I believe he's selling his parts. Not sure why but he did spend quite a bit on the car's current state.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 10:12:02 AM »

Yes.  He already sold the cams and the Z3 head he had.

Tim
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 12:11:58 PM »

Off topic, but Adrian is selling his parts to fund another build.  Doesn't he have a K24A2, though, which the CTSC is built for?

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 12:37:42 PM »

I think he still has the A4. The A2 was for his MT swap to go with the blower. I'm pretty sure he was going to do a full blown/ all in one shot swap. I could be wrong though.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 02:53:17 PM »

Yeah. You'd have to talk to him about that one.

Tim
eagonzalez2013
Fucking Newb

eagonzalez2013 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 07:37:33 PM »

wow that changes my whole perspective on getting a turbo on my AT but i was thinking of switching my AT into MT and also getting the rsx lighter flywheel but that's alot of money of my pocket but it may be worth it though because i am deciding to keep my car for 10 years or more, but a super charger doesnt look bad either but will it give me the same potential that a turbo can give me or even better?? I mean i will do my research but i can you guys give me your opinion? will i be able to keep putting more mods on my car even after the SC?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 08:08:26 PM »

Tim is the guy to talk to about that.

eagonzalez2013
Fucking Newb

eagonzalez2013 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 08:19:04 PM »

Yea your right! Tim can you give me your opinion?
ADI

ADI pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 01:31:07 AM »

ya i still got the charger sitting in the garage, i will most likely install it since i already have it but it will no longer be a full blown build like i had planned before. i have had a k24a2 with bolt ons and kpro for the longest, when the a4 motor crapped out on me i did the swap.

i had planned on doing a full blown build like Tim did but i felt like i was spending way to much on one car so i bought a second car a VW MKV R32 and mods for that are expensive lolz (at least the ones i want  Cheesy )so instead of going all out on the accord i sold some parts i had stashed up for the engine build (the rbc head, ips cams) still got a few extra stuff that i will get rid of (engine related, new bare block, tsx head,tsx crank) spare inspire front bumper, spare modulo front lip  Grin   

the charger i was thinking of selling it but i have it and i also have a tsx trans so i will most likely install it and be done with the accord as far as performance goes, no forged motor just a plain k24a2 with a charger at 9-10psi tops and tsx 6speed.  Smiley
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012