Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:53:04 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comptech SC from TSX fits 7G?  (Read 18544 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 02:04:46 AM »

I wish you had some parts that I wanted.  Although, the TSX crank has caught my interest.

Anyway, with a SC on a stock motor, you'll make some decent power and it will move.  Are there upgrades that can be done after installing a bolt on SC kit like the CT-E kit?  You bet your ass there are.  It all depends on how much you want to spend and how far you're willing to go with it.

The challenge with the roots style superchargers that come with the CT-E kits is that they generate a lot of heat.  I have seen my temperatures spike up to 250º at redline when doing a freeway pull on my old set up with a stock k24a2.  That is not safe for your motor.  One upgrade is to get an aftercooler from MercRacing or IMT and consider a water methanol injection kit to lower IAT's.  If you decide to go down the path of a SC, cooling upgrades are a high priority if not a must.  With my car, I ended up investing a lot into my cooling set up and it paid off.  Most people claim 360 hp is the most power you can make with an Eaton M62 supercharger on a K Series.  A lot of people also said I was wasting my time investing in my cooler system.  I proved them wrong and made more power than expected (with plans to do more upgrades) while effectively lowering my IAT's significantly.  As far as any other upgrades, there are plenty that we can discuss when the time is right.

If it were me, I'd consider doing the MT swap first.  That's really going to be the most difficult thing.  Then focus on getting your car running properly on K Pro before the SC set up.  The CT-E kit is a pretty straight forward bolt on set up that can be done in about a day. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 12:00:04 PM »

Tim- What are your thoughts with a CTSC on a K24A2 AT?

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 12:23:05 PM »

You'll end up damaging your tranny if it's left stock. I believe neoryan had tranny issues after he sc'd his at coupe. I don't know much about at's, but I do know that you'll want some sort of cooler for it. Heat destroys automatic transmissions.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
eagonzalez2013
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
eagonzalez2013 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 11:20:12 PM »

Wow Tim awesome info thanks!!! that really does help me come to a conclusion, because first i want to make sure my car gets great maintenance and is running smooth for a car with 130,000 miles on it and then start working on the handling and tires and then move on to bolt-ons and then SC or Turbo, so basically i have a lot of time and i am willing to invest atleast 10K on upgrades on it. So then I may be a little too ahead of myself but i just want to know what im getting myself into if i choose either or and i want to know what to focus on first. but i hope i can still do all the bolt ons first before a SC because if i can do all of that as if i were to get a turbo like a SRI, Pulleys, Rsx intake manifold and more then that would be awesome but ill keep doing my research.

and Tim i hope im not asking much but can you unabbreviate the abbreviated mods??? I'm still learning
eagonzalez2013
Fucking Newb

eagonzalez2013 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 11:27:50 PM »

Ohhh and tim can you give me an estimate on how much you spent on all the cooling upgrades and the supercharger so that i can get a clue of how much i would be spending if i agreed on a SC?
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 11:30:13 PM »

Check out the bolt on section for your engine in here too, that's where I found the "how to" on the tsx manifold, and the AT shifter mod Smiley hopefully i'll get to them this year..
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2013, 04:18:01 PM »

You're better off figuring out what your end goal is and build towards that. You may end up wasting money on things you don't need. A lot of stuff you would "bolt on" is irrelevant when you go with a sc or turbo (i.e. - pulleys, intake manifold, header, intake).

As for what I spent, it hard to say. I think I picked up the SC kit for about $1600-1800. The aftercooler for the manifold is about $400-500 depending on where you get it, heat exchanger is about $150, fans were about $50-60, the pump is about $125-200, reservoir was $150, then I spent about $200-300 on lines and fittings.

Tim
eagonzalez2013
Fucking Newb

eagonzalez2013 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2013, 08:09:24 PM »

oh ok thanks tim your info is really helpful, ill keep doing my research, and im thinking of just going with a turbo since getting the SC i would have to switch my AT to a MT because having a MT in miami is a pain in the ass with all the traffic and traffic lights.
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2013, 08:15:24 PM »

^Either or, you should invest in a MT. AT is not going to hold and will give you issues, if not give out. There's  traffic and lights everywhere Cheesy, don't let that discourage you.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2013, 08:41:15 PM »

Truth. Manual is all I drove most of my driving life through Miami, San Fran, N.Y., and everywhere else I've lived. Hell, try driving a manual through haji filled streets in the middle east. THAT'S fun.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2013, 09:35:29 PM »

oh ok thanks tim your info is really helpful, ill keep doing my research, and im thinking of just going with a turbo since getting the SC i would have to switch my AT to a MT because having a MT in miami is a pain in the ass with all the traffic and traffic lights.

Turbo is worse for an AT than a SC would be. With a a supercharger, your power curve is smooth and linear because the supercharger is being spun by your engine. With a turbo, there is a jump in power when the turbo spools up. That will damage your transmission a lot faster than a supercharger.

Tim
eagonzalez2013
Fucking Newb

eagonzalez2013 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2013, 12:26:09 AM »

Then i guess i should go with the MT swap, i guess im not being patient enough but you guys do have a good point i should get the MT then. I guess im just going to focus on repairing my car first, then maintenance and then performance and that should later on give me an idea on either getting a SC or Turbo. thanks guys

I'll also post up my profile and pics of my car now even though it's a mess right now it needs work.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 11:01:11 PM »

Just a little food for thought.  I had my car for 4 years before I did a TSX tranny swap, 5 years before I installed a SC, 6 years before I did a TSX engine swap.  My car was on jack stands for a year and a half with no engine in it while I was building my motor and I just got it back on the road in November.  It's a slow road for people that aren't independently wealthy or have mommy and daddy buying all their parts.  Take your time to learn about what you want to do.  Don't cut corners of you will end up paying double down the road.  Let your car evolve over time.

Tim
eagonzalez2013
Fucking Newb

eagonzalez2013 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2013, 11:15:02 PM »

Yea your right tim but no mommy and daddy dont pay for my parts and they never will this is all coming from my hard work and working mon-fri.! Im not in a rush with my car at all, the only thing im in a rush is repairing my car so that i can get to my job and and back since its the only car i have but i am patient with my car in the fact that i want to learn as i do everything and make my car evolve, im just in a rush to learn all of this and give my car the best so it can run clean, well maintained, with speed and effiency, im like a little kid locked up in a candy store with all this information out here for my 7th gen accord like i said i want to study engineering and maybe someday build my own engine someday and plus i dont even have time since im leaving to bootcamp for the marines in 5 months, but i totally agree with you tim.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2013, 11:34:48 PM »

You have no idea how difficult it was to read that without any punctuation or capitalization.  Angry That must be one of the longest run on sentences I've ever read. Huh?

Anyway, take your time and do it right the first time.  You'll end up saving money that way.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012