Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:10:20 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comptech SC from TSX fits 7G?  (Read 18545 times)
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2010, 07:45:52 PM »

so i've decided to start modding the K24a4 for a 200whp target.

first thing that comes to mind is the Comptech (now CT Engineering) SC kit for the TSX. will this bolt right in? i gotta be dead sure as i'll be shipping this in from USA and a return or exchange is not really an option.

i'll also be using the e-manage ultimate for a piggyback. any bad reviews regarding this one?

i decided against KPro because i can't get TSX ECUs in my country  Embarrassed

any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:51:01 PM by fatbastard » Logged

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 02:00:24 AM »

Yes it will. For the most part, everything engine related from the TSX will bolt on. As for the e-manage, there's mixed reviews floating around the internet. Why can't you get ahold of a TSX ECU if you can get ahold of the CTSC? You're better off with kpro anyway as it controls all engine parameters and will net you a better performing engine.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 03:21:03 AM »

the CTSC is easier to get hold of as i order it straight out of CT's website and i pay via credit card.

not easy to get hold of the TSX ECU as there's no online store which sells them, and i had enough of eBay!

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 04:33:45 AM »

Have you tried looking in this thread for online dealers that may be able to help you out?

For the record, there's no way in hell I was going to suggest egay.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 04:50:40 AM »

If I remember correctly you might have a problem with the idle air control valve. A notch needs to be cut in the mounting flange for the TB. I saw that the mounting flange in the installation guide looks like an 06+ intake manifold (TSX or ACCORD) instead of looking like an 03-05.
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 09:41:09 PM »

my mechanic can take care of all minor metal works which need to be sorted out.

my concern is if im gonna hit a major roadblock with parts fitment and adaptability.

also gotta do some research re: fuel injectors which will bolt on.

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 09:00:32 PM »

A notch needs to be cut in the mounting flange for the TB. I saw that the mounting flange in the installation guide looks like an 06+ intake manifold (TSX or ACCORD) instead of looking like an 03-05.

do you have the file of the installation manual?

im still doing further research on this viability of this one. in the meantime, i have the intake, headers, cams, and ems coming soon. Smiley

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 10:12:28 PM »

Ryan is correct.  Machining the SC inlet would be necessary for the IACV since the TSX doesn't have an IACV.  You could also use the RSX Type S inlet with a RSX Type S TB instead.  N/A cams will hurt your performance if you're planning on getting the SC.  You can make 200 whp with the SC alone. 

Greddy e-manage is a bad idea.  I haven't heard anything good about it.  You will make more power reliably using kpro.  Try contacting a Hondata dealer or Hondata directly to get kpro.  You don't need a TSX ECU to run kpro, but you will need a dual ECU harness to use a kpro ECU.  You can contact Cham to get a harness.

What country are you in?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »

will see what happens then, i'll take it one step at a time.

the boomslang harness will arrive anytime soon. too late to switch options i guess.

im based in manila, philippines.  Smiley

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 10:36:29 PM »

You'll end up spending less money doing it right the first time around.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 10:38:55 PM »

will research on Hondata then.

re: TSX supercharger, should i be looking at the '04 A/T engine or something else?

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 10:40:56 PM »

It should all be the same.  Do you have an AT or a MT?

Tim
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 10:43:18 PM »

5AT.

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 10:46:18 PM »

Either kit will work.  I'm not sure why they have a different kit for one or the other.  There may be some small parts that are different. 

Tim
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 10:48:24 PM »

yeah i reckon, emailed CT Engineering and they gave me a general answer saying that the SC will fit, but some small parts may need to be modified.  :Smiley

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012