Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:07:07 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some suggestions  (Read 14055 times)
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2010, 01:44:31 PM »

First, chrome, while it is easy to keep shiney, I am looking for the absolute best product to use on my chrome wheels. I used Mothers chrome polish this weekend and it seemed to work better than the spray on foaming crap I had picked up. Also, I have been tossing around the idea of picking up a powerball to use on my wheels to buff and polish them even better. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Second, is there anything that works better than the black bottle of bug and tar remover? I am looking for something that will somewhat help keep the bugs from sticking to the front of the car. I have thought about saving up for a bra after I get the front bumber repainted but for a bra made specifically for the saleen bumper the pricing gets be be rediculous

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »

When you say bra, you are referring to the clear bra, correct? As for the cleaning products, I can't help you there. I'm FAR from pro status. I just clean my car every other week (when I'm home, of course).

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 06:58:54 PM »

I have a Mother's powerball and it works pretty good.

2. I also use the Bug and Tar Remover stuff and I haven't found anything that works better than that. I do seem to remember Skizot using some kind of clear wrap on the front of his car, but only suggested it for long trips. Probably not practical for daily driving.

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 07:51:58 PM »

Keep the powerball far away from your chrome wheels. I would be using P21S (diluted a ton), and then I would go with wheel wax, or Poor Boys World wheel sealant. I would apply and remove all by hand.
exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 09:10:05 PM »

Mike, have you had a bad experience with the powerball?

SECM Squad #3...kinda
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 09:10:55 PM »

What about a paint sealant/cleaner/wax/polish that would work wonders on oxidization?

SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 09:35:34 PM »

For wheels, I would follow Mike's advice.  They make a really good P21S makes 2 great wheel cleaners.  If you maintain your car, then the regular wheel cleaner will work fine.  If you don't wash your wheels often, then get the gel wheel cleaner.  I've also had very good results with Meguiars wheel cleaner, but be sure to get the stuff that's meant to be used with chrome wheels.  Meguairs has 3 different wheel cleaners depending on your wheel's finish.

As far as the bugs on the front bumper, I cannot say enough good things about Surf City Road Trip Grime Destroyer.  I use it on my front bumper and it does a great job.  I use it on my rear bumper to clean the carbon deposits from my exhaust.  All I do is spray my bumper with water, spray on the Road Trip and let it dwell for about 30-60 seconds, and then rinse it off and practically all the carbon comes off.  The left over is given a 2nd treatment of Road Trip and I agitate it with a dedicated sponge for this kind of stuff.  The results are amazing for the amount of work you do.  I have also tried the Poor Boys World Bug Squash (diluted to whatever the directions on the bottle are) and the results weren't as good as the Surf City stuff.  You can also get a "bug scrub" pad to help with the process.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 10:49:17 PM »

Apparently surf city isscarce around here

SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 11:45:44 PM »

They sell it at Pep Boys.  You can try to order it online too.  I've seen it on Amazon or you can buy it directly from Surf City Garage.  I want to buy a case of the Road Trip.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 11:50:30 PM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 12:21:55 AM »

I personally don't like ordering things online given my luckbut I may have to. I will call or stop by pepboys tomorrow after school

SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 12:24:22 AM »

You'd think that the company that makes the stuff or Amazon would be okay though.  I've had good success with Amazon.  They took care of me when a CD they sent me was fucked up.  Good customer service.

Tim
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 12:49:27 AM »

Well that's good to know,my aunt works for Lockheed Martin in SC and she shipped me a bottle of leather conditioner years ago and it was all n ye box by the time it got here, and the bottle was crushed I'm sure she sent it freight and they flew t, That is my concern

SECM Squad #3...kinda
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 02:23:20 PM »

I've ordered stuff directly from Surf City, and had no issues with them. They are a solid company.
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 04:10:17 PM »

Awesome, I found the surf city stuff at pep boys so I can luckily get it local where can I order the p21s and who makes it?

SECM Squad #3...kinda
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 07:27:10 PM »

P21S is the company order it from detailed Image Greg will take care of you. He's done ALOT of business with Tim and myself. You can even check out there how to's while you are there. I'll give you links to the products I'd use, and you can get 10% of using 10offelite as a coupon code.

This is the wheel cleaner I would use. It seems expensive up front but, It works very good deluded 10:1 with water so the medium size bottle should last at least a year as opposed to the mcguires stuff that you use 3 times and the bottle is gone. Think of it as buying 3 or 4 bottle of Mcguires.

http://www.detailedimage.com/P21S-M14/Gel-Wheel-Cleaner-P86/1000-ml-S2/

As far as wax or sealant for wheels I would use. Again a little pricey but, a little will go along way and the product will last along time

http://www.detailedimage.com/Poorboys-World-M1/Wheel-Sealant-P40/8-oz-S1/

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 07:34:29 PM by lavalleemike » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012