Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:37:13 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hybrid Mirrors Flash with Lock/Unlock?  (Read 12575 times)
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2010, 12:08:57 AM »

Is there a way to make the Hybrid or TSX mirrors flash when I lock and unlock the car? Thanks.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 12:50:25 AM »

you can always tap them into your turn signals and that should make them flash

LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 12:52:14 AM »

Well they are wired in to the turn signals already.  I want to make them flash though when the car is locked and unlocked (which is the parking lights).  However, I don't want them to stay on when the parking lights are on.
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 03:36:36 PM »

I would think it's possible, but you would have to use a relay somewhere.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 08:21:50 PM »

Yeah, it's possible if you use a relay.   Grin

If it were me, this is how I would wire it up with a SPDT relay:

30 - the 12v wire for the lights in the hybrid mirrors
87a - the 12v parking light wire
86 - the 12v accessory wire
85 - ground

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:27:20 PM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 08:25:30 PM »

Yeah, it's possible if you use a relay.   Grin

If it were me, this is how I would wire it up with a SPDT relay:

30 - the 12v wire for the lights in the hybrid mirrors
87a - the 12v parking light wire
86 - the 12v accessory wire
85 - ground

Enjoy!

Thanks, but I am totally noob at this, so where and what do I buy?  Is this just 1 relay per side that I can get at an autoparts store and basically tap into the wires?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:27:40 PM by timot_one » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 08:30:47 PM »

For this, you only need to wire up one relay and make sure the wire for 30 goes to both mirror signals, but one of them has to be diode isolated.  If you're a noob, it may be better to have someone make a harness for you that you would solder up to your car.  Where are you located?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 08:37:14 PM »

I am in STL, MO.  I am super noob for this kinda wiring.  Thanks for your assistance!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 09:33:39 PM »

Bummer.  You're nowhere near me. 

Tim
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 10:06:59 PM »

poop
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 10:17:06 PM »

Can you solder?  Do you know how to follow a wiring diagram?

Tim
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 10:59:28 PM »

I have not soldered, but I have been debating since I have been making custom 9005 to H1 Wire Harnesses.  I got a DPDT diagram from someone on HiDP, kinda follow it
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 09:38:42 AM »

I can make a wiring diagram and try and simplify it as much as possible for you, if you want.  If you're making any kind of headlight wiring harnesses and you're not soldering them, I would stop making them immediately.  Using anything other than solder and heat shrink for wiring that's exposed to the elements will fail.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 11:40:43 AM »

This man knows what he's talking about. At least when it comes to automotive electrical.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 12:25:19 PM »

lol...they aren't actually exposed.  I have it in heat shrink wrap stuff and then that black plastic stuff that are on relay harnesses.

Before you take the time to make the diagram, Califormium (not sure if you know who he is) says he did it for his car and has an easy way, so I will check that out first so you don't do any unneeded extra work.  Thanks though!!!

On a side note, if I get soldering supplies, what do I need and what should I expect to spend?  Not looking for anything fancy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012