Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:02:35 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hybrid Mirrors Flash with Lock/Unlock?  (Read 12565 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 01:05:06 PM »

You shouldn't need to spend more than $30 for a soldering iron, solder, and a sponge to clean the tip. 

I'm just wondering though.  If someone has already done this, why didn't you ask them first?  I'm curious about what they did though. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 03:31:24 PM »

I didn't know he had done it.  He posted a reply on another forum to the same thread.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 04:04:08 PM »

He just said that he did it, but didn't tell you how?  What a dick!

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 04:59:56 PM »

lol, he told me to call him (since I have his phone number)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 08:52:52 AM »

He just said that he did it, but didn't tell you how?  What a dick!
I'm with Stupid

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 12:42:05 PM »

Hey timot, Cali didn't quite have what I was looking for. If offer still stands on how to make that harness, I have a buddy who will make 2 set for he and I. Thanks and lemme know.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 06:32:14 PM »

I'll try to make a wiring diagram this weekend.  What was wrong with what that other guy did. 

Tim
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 06:52:28 PM »

He hooked them up straight to the parking lights and turn signals and added a relay so they flash when he turns the blinker on, otherwise, they are always on.

I donno if you saw my other thread, but I wired them normally today using the guide here and they are dimming when I close the door or have it half open.  They are full brightness when door is all the way open (running at 9v compared to 4.5v).  I am sooo lost!!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 06:58:33 PM »

There is no reason why your door being open should affect their brightness.  What did you wire them to?

Tim
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 07:43:08 PM »

they are wired to the brown wire on my headlight turn signals.

I have LEDs installed as my turn signals with resistors to stop hyper flash, could that case it?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 08:18:19 PM »

You wired it all the way to the turn signals?  That sucks.  You could have tapped the wires inside your car at the DS kick panel.  Did you tap the wires before or after the resistors?

Tim
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 08:19:23 PM »

The LEDs and resistors have been installed for about a year...

I can always rewire
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 08:28:26 PM »

But you didn't answer my question.  Did you tap the wires between the resistor and the light, or between the resistor and the battery?

Tim
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 08:37:13 PM »

Sorry, misunderstood you.  I need to check, but I think it goes bulb, resistor taps, mirror tap.  I am pretty sure the mirror tap is in between the resistor tap and pink wire.  hope that answers it.

if you want you can IM me at LikitySplit2k6
Thanks for all your help and knowledge!!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 09:05:49 PM »

What exactly do yo mean when you say resistor tap?  There shouldn't be any sort of "tap" or shunt for a resistor.  I'll try and IM you about this later when I have a few minutes free.  Will you be up later in like the next hour or so?

Tim
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012