Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:07:58 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455132 times)
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: October 05, 2011, 10:18:28 PM »

Damn. That sucks balls. Did he something happening soon and did what he did in his last few months because of that? Who knows?
I'm sure he knew.  He's been battling health issues for a long time now..

is crazy how all the money in the world couldn't give him good health he was young in my point of view but maybe now apple will try different approaches to stay top

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: October 05, 2011, 10:22:47 PM »

He was a visionary.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1292 on: October 05, 2011, 11:26:55 PM »

I think it's pretty sad that Steve Jobs died the day after they announced the iFail 4s.  I had a feeling that it was going to be as limp dicked as the release of the iPhone 3Gs.  The only benefit that I see to the release is that the price of the iPhone 4 dropped.  I guess we will see what kind of direction Tim Cook will take.

Being someone that is an Apple user, I specifically avoided getting an iPhone just so I wouldn't be confused with a "mac guy".  After all the bad experiences I had with BlackBerry, I went with what a lot the Andriod users suggested, the Samsung Fascinate.  I feel that it was a big mistake since I've had problems with it, and now after my replacement was updated, it's even worse than before.  I don't give a rats ass about open source and all the other shit people use to say that Android is a better format over Apple.  Realistically, I want a phone that's not super complicated and RELIABLE.  I've found the Android format to be too unstable to consider reliable.  It's turned into a huge problem, and now I hate my phone again.  In all the conversations I've had, it seems that the iPhone on my carrier is the most reliable phone over any Andriod phone.  Is the iPhone better than Android?  I think it all depends on your perspective.  Do you want something that is reliable and easy to use, or do you want something that's customizable?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1293 on: October 06, 2011, 07:00:19 AM »

I think it's pretty sad that Steve Jobs died the day after they announced the iFail 4s.  I had a feeling that it was going to be as limp dicked as the release of the iPhone 3Gs.  The only benefit that I see to the release is that the price of the iPhone 4 dropped.  I guess we will see what kind of direction Tim Cook will take.

Being someone that is an Apple user, I specifically avoided getting an iPhone just so I wouldn't be confused with a "mac guy".  After all the bad experiences I had with BlackBerry, I went with what a lot the Andriod users suggested, the Samsung Fascinate.  I feel that it was a big mistake since I've had problems with it, and now after my replacement was updated, it's even worse than before.  I don't give a rats ass about open source and all the other shit people use to say that Android is a better format over Apple.  Realistically, I want a phone that's not super complicated and RELIABLE.  I've found the Android format to be too unstable to consider reliable.  It's turned into a huge problem, and now I hate my phone again.  In all the conversations I've had, it seems that the iPhone on my carrier is the most reliable phone over any Andriod phone.  Is the iPhone better than Android?  I think it all depends on your perspective.  Do you want something that is reliable and easy to use, or do you want something that's customizable?

Alot of your issue is Verizon. I used the same phone on a different carrier and had little to no issues. At the end of the day all of these devices are complicated. Perhaps Apple did a better job of keeping Verizons hand out of the software. It's actually the one down fall of open source It's open source for the carriers to so if they want to pile your phone with bloatware and bull shit they want.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: October 06, 2011, 07:59:58 AM »

Since I've had both and neither one I've left alone, I prefer my Droid over the ifail. Each one I've had had its share of issues. Most of which induced by my meddling. Overall, I find the android OS much better once you root and deal with the bloatware appropriately.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1295 on: October 06, 2011, 10:14:23 AM »

I know Verizon has a lot of blame in the matter.  When I talk to people, I mainly pay attention to those that have Verizon.  Since I'm someone that's not going to root or jailbreak my phone and because of my experience with Apple products, I still think the iPhone is a better option for me.  I just want it to work properly out of the box and not have to deal with a bunch of bullshit.  Also, I already have a good amount of apps since I have a few iPod touches.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: October 06, 2011, 11:58:55 AM »

In that case, out the box, the ifail is better. To a degree. Aside from bashing her old phone with a ball peen hammer, my wife hasn't had much of an issue with hers since she doesn't fuck with it like I would.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: October 06, 2011, 12:12:29 PM »

This is going to be my next phone..

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/10/06/samsung-galaxy-nexus-details-leak-fully-stock-experience-and-a-verizon-exclusive/

I'm still rocking an OG Droid, I think it's about time for an upgrade.  There is going to be an announcement during CTIA next week, so hopefully they confirm a release date for Verizon..

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: October 06, 2011, 02:21:32 PM »

Wow. But its for Verizon. I'll wait for the GSM version.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1299 on: October 06, 2011, 03:26:05 PM »

I'm pretty happy with the Nexus S...
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: October 06, 2011, 04:09:32 PM »

Wow. But its for Verizon. I'll wait for the GSM version.
I'm pretty happy with the Nexus S...
This will be the first Nexus device for Verizon.. and it's supposed to be vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich, meaning no Verizon bloatware..  I'm definitely excited.

oh, and here's another alleged specs post..  I can't wait until next Tuesday when they reveal the phone and confirm specs and release date..

http://www.gsmarena.com/source_close_to_google_reveals_real_nexus_prime_specs-news-3239.php
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 04:13:15 PM by alpha » Logged

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1301 on: October 06, 2011, 04:38:15 PM »

Nexus = BAD ASS!!! It's amazing how the software runs without all the BS
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: October 06, 2011, 04:57:22 PM »

Nexus = BAD ASS!!! It's amazing how the software runs without all the BS
That's part of why I haven't upgraded from the OG Droid yet.  I wanted a phone with a dual-core processor, LTE, and a vanilla OS.  I didn't want to deal with all the Verizon bloatware (especially since they installed ludicrous apps such as Bing on a Google phone, read: Fascinate)..  Granted, I would probably root the phone, making the bloatware a moot point..

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1303 on: October 06, 2011, 05:10:17 PM »

Its nice to have something that you don't have to root, and fuck with to get what you want. Android runs so well when its clean out of the box.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1304 on: October 06, 2011, 11:04:16 PM »

Maybe that's why I hate my phone so much right now?  I swear, that last update I did ruined my phone.  It's worse than it was when I first got it.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012