Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:56:06 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455105 times)
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: May 10, 2011, 10:54:04 AM »

Who are you going with Sprint?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 10, 2011, 10:57:57 AM »

If it makes you feel any better, I'm having the same problems with my completely unmolested phone.  I have a new one sitting in my living room though.

Did you get a brand new phone or a refurbished one. Ever since VZW had that 4g outtage, there's been a lot of problems with their 3g network as well.  something on their end with their databases got corrupted.. I'm wondering why they aren't acknowledging it..  that sketches me out.  If I could afford to, I'd jump ship.

-brian
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 10, 2011, 11:17:21 AM »

Who are you going with Sprint?
Nah. After my old man's experiences with multiple dead spots in Miami in areas I would normally be in, I'm going to stick with AT&T. :cringe:

Still looking at Droid though. Not worried about it until I get home though.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1023 on: May 10, 2011, 11:25:05 AM »

VZW fail. Yet another reason why I won't go to VZW.
Looks like what I said a few posts up.

That's because it is what you said a few posts ago.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm having the same problems with my completely unmolested phone.  I have a new one sitting in my living room though.

Did you get a brand new phone or a refurbished one. Ever since VZW had that 4g outtage, there's been a lot of problems with their 3g network as well.  something on their end with their databases got corrupted.. I'm wondering why they aren't acknowledging it..  that sketches me out.  If I could afford to, I'd jump ship.

I'm sure it's a refurb.  My sister in law works for Verizon, and when we were at my parent's house during easter, I told her about the problems that Robyn and I were having with both of our phones.  She said she would just send out new phones to us.  I didn't question it.

Funny thing, when I commented about wanting to jump ship to AT&T, she said she doesn't blame me.  Looks like whoever is making decisions over at Verizon is only in it for the money.  You know you're not doing well if your customers and employees hate you.  I hope Verizon fucking tanks.  They've gotten too cocky and too big.  Someone needs to take them down because they fucking SUCK.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 10, 2011, 11:26:23 AM »

I was jumping ship to T-Mobile, but that idea got shot down.  I refuse to go back to Sprint and I refuse to pay Verizon prices.  I'm sticking with AT&T.   Embarrassed

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1025 on: May 10, 2011, 11:36:19 AM »

Kinda shitty that we're stuck with choosing the lesser of two evils.  I think when I go to change my plan, I'll make sure to let them know that I picked AT&T because they suck the least out of all the companies.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 10, 2011, 11:43:51 AM »

That's the problem with this lack of competition bullshit that's going on. 

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1027 on: May 10, 2011, 11:56:04 AM »

The problem is that all the competition between companies is only about the phones and coverage.  Reliability, customer service, and customer satisfaction are not important.

Tim
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1028 on: May 10, 2011, 12:00:10 PM »

Mike, have you tried calling customer service and asking about them updating whatever you were talking about? I want to fix this shit, because the 3G dropping is fucking annoying as hell. It only happens when I need it the most too.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 10, 2011, 12:16:07 PM »

"They Fuck you with the cell phones!!"

b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 10, 2011, 12:32:58 PM »

Mike, have you tried calling customer service and asking about them updating whatever you were talking about? I want to fix this shit, because the 3G dropping is fucking annoying as hell. It only happens when I need it the most too.

you mean me?  I haven't called to rest the ESN or DMU yet.  From what I've read, it's difficult to convice the techs at VZW to actually do what you want.  They'll try to say you just need to do a factory reset.. and clearly I've tried reseting more than they know I have access to.  So that's not going to do it.

-brian
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1031 on: May 10, 2011, 12:36:01 PM »

Whoops sorry, I got names mixed up for a second there haha. But yeah, those tech people are in love with telling you to factory reset. It's annoying as hell. How about you give me some support that will actually do something and work.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1032 on: May 10, 2011, 01:27:04 PM »

I'm pretty happy with T-Mo, and I have a feeling that this merger might get shot down. We will see
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 10, 2011, 03:53:43 PM »

I'm pretty happy with T-Mo, and I have a feeling that this merger might get shot down. We will see

I hope so.

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 10, 2011, 07:32:03 PM »

I was jumping ship to T-Mobile, but that idea got shot down.  I refuse to go back to Sprint and I refuse to pay Verizon prices.  I'm sticking with AT&T.   Embarrassed
The only reason I find this statement funny is that Verizon and AT&T are fairly comparable in prices.

For example:

ServiceVerizonAT&T
450 min plan$39.99$39.99
5000 out of network texts, unlimited in network texts$20N/A
Unlimited TextingN/A$20
Unlimited Data for Smartphones$29.99N/A
2GB Data for SmartphonesN/A$25.00

In this scenario, you're only paying $5 more to have unlimited data with Verizon.

Essentially, AT&T and Verizon are both expensive.  At least compared to Sprint, where you can get similar services for $69.99/month.

- Mark
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012