Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:21:59 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455157 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #990 on: April 13, 2011, 09:22:29 PM »

I don't even know where to start.  I also can't even do a simple fucking software update on the stupid thing.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #991 on: April 13, 2011, 09:51:31 PM »

Its simple bro. You can't update because verizion blows. A custom rom will fix everything. I'd suggest working through it with Jeff he is super familiar with Andriod on Verizon.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 13, 2011, 09:58:13 PM »

Guys, iPhone question:

how do I back up everything on my iphone to my pc?  my buddy said that itunes does it, but when I go into itunes on my pc I don't see my contacts in there.  is there an app for that?

basically I want to back everything up, and reset my phone to kinda "defrag" it...seems like it runs slower than it should

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 13, 2011, 10:37:14 PM »

It looks like my text message issue has come back full swing and is now even worse than before.  I'm going to lodge this fucking POS phone in the throat of a Verizon Wireless manager tomorrow.

Tim, what text message issue were you having?  Today I had issues with the network not sending any texts.. I had to wipe my cache and a couple other things before I could get it to work again..  As far as rooting goes, it's actually really easy and basically the chances of screwing your phone up to the point it can't be fixed is .001%.  I've spent a lot of time reading up in the XDA-Developers forum on the Fascinate and am very fluent in how to root, recover, de-bloat, flash custom rom's/kernel/themes now.  If you do end up wanting to go that route, let me know, and I'll try to point you in the right direction and relay the things I've been learning.

go to http://forum.xda-developers.com and find the Samsung Verizon Fascinate section.  Read up in the stickies in the Android Development section.  There are a ton of walk thru's and tutorials on how to customize your phone.

-brian
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 13, 2011, 11:01:46 PM »

Mark, are you using mac or Pc?

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #995 on: April 13, 2011, 11:15:58 PM »

Mark, I'm not sure about PC's, but on Mac's it should back up on an application "Address Book" that's part of the Mac OS.  Maybe it updates on Outlook on PC's?   

Brian, here's the issues I'm having with text messages.  I got a text today from my brother, but I opened it up directly from the lock screen, so it displays a different name and number at the top, so I assume it's from someone else, I read it and respond.  I get a "WTF?" text from the person I thought had texted me (did not open the message from the lock screen this time), so I respond with "you just texted me", not paying attention to name and number at the top of the screen when I'm responding.  A little while later, I get another text message from a 3rd person, saying "I haven't texted you in a few weeks".  I open up the text and it has a different name and number at the top. 

I have had this issue before.  I was told to do that fancy reboot by both you and Mike, and it went away for a few weeks.  Now it's back.  The shitty thing is that I'm afraid to text anyone because it basically doesn't work and I don't want random weird texts sent to different people.  I'm also unhappy about the fact that my fucking email doesn't work any more.  I don't want to have to deal with rooting the phone.  I'm going to use this as leverage to stick my foot up Verizon's ass for being a bunch of half ass piece of shit fucks.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 14, 2011, 12:04:26 AM »

Im using PC

Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #997 on: April 14, 2011, 08:19:16 AM »

Mark, I'm not sure about PC's, but on Mac's it should back up on an application "Address Book" that's part of the Mac OS.  Maybe it updates on Outlook on PC's?   

Brian, here's the issues I'm having with text messages.  I got a text today from my brother, but I opened it up directly from the lock screen, so it displays a different name and number at the top, so I assume it's from someone else, I read it and respond.  I get a "WTF?" text from the person I thought had texted me (did not open the message from the lock screen this time), so I respond with "you just texted me", not paying attention to name and number at the top of the screen when I'm responding.  A little while later, I get another text message from a 3rd person, saying "I haven't texted you in a few weeks".  I open up the text and it has a different name and number at the top. 

I have had this issue before.  I was told to do that fancy reboot by both you and Mike, and it went away for a few weeks.  Now it's back.  The shitty thing is that I'm afraid to text anyone because it basically doesn't work and I don't want random weird texts sent to different people.  I'm also unhappy about the fact that my fucking email doesn't work any more.  I don't want to have to deal with rooting the phone.  I'm going to use this as leverage to stick my foot up Verizon's ass for being a bunch of half ass piece of shit fucks.

Do you shut your phone down at all. I find that by restarting it once a week I don't have any issues.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 14, 2011, 08:38:44 AM »

Im using PC
The contacts tab in itunes has the option to save your contacts to Outlook or whatever mail program you use.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #999 on: April 14, 2011, 08:43:08 AM »

I pull the battery on a daily basis because of 3G coverage issues.  Because I drive all over the state, sometimes my phone doesn't get 3G when I'm far away from home unless I reboot it.

Tim
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 14, 2011, 09:23:29 AM »

I remember having that issue with Rachel's phone (fiancee) at one point, and mine had it back before I started customizing it..  I'll have to ask her and see if she's still having that issue at all.  I'm about 99% positive it's a software issue you're dealing with because VZW and Samsung are terrible at coding the android OS.  However, there are a few reports of just faulty hardware including the radio.

I don't blame you for not wanting to get into rooting.. a phone of that price and with those specs shouldn't come from the manufacturer with defects and issues like that.  You shouldn't have to void your warranty to unlock the actual potential of the phone.

Do you use your phone as your alarm clock?  If not, and you don't mind having it off, I would recommend turning it off while it's on the charger at night.  That way you start fresh every morning.

-brian
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 14, 2011, 07:19:36 PM »

I have shut mine down and rebooted it, a couple of times.  I had downloaded quite a few podcasts, and thought that might have been it, so I deleted them.  Still not that great.  I think I'll go to apple store tomorrow and see what they can do

Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 14, 2011, 07:59:58 PM »

Any of you wise fellers know how to make my iPhone not sound my text tone while I am on a phone call?

SECM Squad #3...kinda
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 14, 2011, 08:16:30 PM »

Nope. It's either get notifications or no notifications, there's no happy medium.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 14, 2011, 09:17:19 PM »

Fuck... The apple geeks at Mac authority have to know a way.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012