Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:41:15 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455076 times)
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: April 11, 2011, 06:20:04 PM »

thats pretty sweet... I dropped 250 on my phone, but I sold the droid for 50 bucks and I also got an otterbox for it. So far I like it, and it helps being able to do everything on itunes and sync the phone to it

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #976 on: April 11, 2011, 08:39:26 PM »

Gay.... Should have gotten a real phone.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #977 on: April 11, 2011, 11:01:21 PM »

My fucking phone is pissing me off now.  Ever since I've gotten out here my 3G service is really spotty and now my fucking email isn't syncing with my phone.  I'm ready to walk from Verizon all together at this point.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 12, 2011, 01:48:04 AM »

Gay.... Should have gotten a real phone.

My droid was killing me. Plus I've wanted an iPhone for quite a while. Flame me all you want Afro

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #979 on: April 12, 2011, 09:20:41 AM »

I'll admit that I've wanted to check out the iPhone.  I'm just guessing that I will have to deal with the same fucking problems that I do with all of my goddamn phones.  They just stop working properly after a few months.  I get to start the battle with Verizon again today.  I'm wondering if it's just better for me to tell them to go fuck themselves and switch to AT&T.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 12, 2011, 09:33:06 AM »

Tim, I wouldn't recommend AT&T's network as it is right now.  Maybe when they actually buyout T-Mobile (if the government allows it) they will have a much more stable network.  I would just try asking around and seeing what other people use in your area out there, find out who's network is the strongest..

you haven't rooted your fascinate yet have you?  I remember having spots in my area where my signal was really low, and those spots actually got better after I booted a custom ROM on it..  your problems may have something to do with the phone's actual software, not VZW's network. Samsung's software team blows.

-brian
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #981 on: April 12, 2011, 09:35:50 AM »

I was about to smash my phone last night.  It's pissing me off.  Right now it won't let me update to froyo, it won't sync with my email, and again, my 3g coverage is horrible.  I hate my phone again.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #982 on: April 12, 2011, 10:35:02 AM »

Lack of the new OS probably isn't helping your either.
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 12, 2011, 10:36:09 AM »

There isn't an "official" update for froyo on our phones yet.. every other carrier in the world that has a galaxy s phone is about to drop the gingerbread update, but we're stuck on eclair thanks to VZW having to add their bullshit.

The email sync is probably tied to the signal problems.. Have you check the VZW map to see how much 3g coverage is actually in your area?  To be honest, I hate my fiancee's phone.. because she's not rooted or customized beyond Launcher Pro.  The phone lags a lot.  With the custom ROM and Kernel I have installed and the addition of Launcher Pro Plus, my phone flies and I don't really ever have problems with it.

The problems your having though, you shouldn't have with a phone straight from the carrier.  No one should HAVE to root and customize their phone because it sucks from the carrier. Samsung software engineers combined with VZW crapware does not make for a stable android environment at all.

What email service are you having problems with syncing? is it a gmail account?

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #984 on: April 12, 2011, 10:38:13 AM »

I think its got more to do with VZW I had no issues with my Galaxy S phone, and moved to another Samsung product and have no issues with that either.
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 12, 2011, 10:46:03 AM »

I agree with you Mike, VZW is definitely holding it up... they try to get as much money out of the consumer by adding all this crapware apps on to the phones and it's causing a lot of problems with samsungs touchwiz environment.. I'm waiting for the dev's on xda to get a fully working build for the AOSP rom, or the Cyanogenmod rom.  They have them partially working and ported, but MMS camcorder and bluetooth are still broken..

I wouldn't really say the Nexus S is samsung's "experience" because it doens't have Touchwiz on it.. it's the google phone so it's pure stock android goodiness.

-brian
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #986 on: April 12, 2011, 11:14:41 PM »

I had a long chat with a sales rep in the mobile department at one of my accounts today.  He made a few suggestions on trying to update the sw on my phone, since the over the air sw update is nothing but a cock tease and waste of time.  I tried it and got a little further along, only to discover that my phone is not capable of being updated.  I think this is yet another fuck up from Verizon.  Tomorrow I get to call and rip someone's head off for a MAJOR fuck up on my account with this phone.  Honestly, I'm at the point where I'm going to walk away from Verizon permanently.  I'm either going to go with a HTC Thunderbolt to replace this phone and a HTC Incredible to replace Robyn's Curve2 (which is also having a shit ton of problems), or I'm just going to wait it out and get the new iPhone when it comes out if I stay with Verizon.  If not, I'm going to AT&T since they're 2nd best in this area.  Then I'll try and figure out what I want from their line up.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #987 on: April 13, 2011, 08:30:24 AM »

VZW could fuck up a wet dream! Like Brian said they are all about crapware and making the next dollar. You can expect them to do the same with the next iteration of the iphone as well.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #988 on: April 13, 2011, 07:06:16 PM »

It looks like my text message issue has come back full swing and is now even worse than before.  I'm going to lodge this fucking POS phone in the throat of a Verizon Wireless manager tomorrow.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #989 on: April 13, 2011, 08:15:50 PM »

Root the phone already!
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012