Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:48:35 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455089 times)
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: February 28, 2011, 07:13:50 PM »

Holy large photo batman!!  Dropped on the right hand corner huh?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #871 on: February 28, 2011, 10:59:27 PM »

It looks like you fucking ran it over.  Dear Christ.  I'd consider getting something that doesn't break so easily or stop dropping it.

Ohh yeah, my phone is acting up and it's unacceptable IMHO.  I don't like the fact that my text messages are all wonky.  I get a text from someone, yet it says it's from a different person in my contacts.  I also have responded to texts that I get from someone, and it goes to a completely different person in my contact list.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #872 on: March 01, 2011, 06:59:41 AM »

Tim you need too hard reset your phone it will clear that right up. I had the same issue prior to a hard reboot
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #873 on: March 01, 2011, 08:04:53 AM »

Hard reset like pull the battery?  I've been trying to do the update that got pushed to my phone and it doesn't work.  Verizon fucked me again.  They sent me the phone under Robyn's number instead of mine and that's been causing problems since day one.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #874 on: March 01, 2011, 08:27:26 AM »

You have to hold the power and one of the volume buttons down, and it brings up an android menu in which you can reset the phone. Can you do the update through the Samsung web site it might work better because its not an over the air update.
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 01, 2011, 08:37:16 AM »

Tim, hold both volume buttons and the power button down while turning the phone on.  That will take you to the recovery screen with blue type.  to navigate on that screen, you move up and down with the volume rocker, and select by pressing the soft home button (i think - it could be the back button but I'm not sure).

I had that issue with mine when I first got it, but after all the customizing I've done to it, I haven't really had any issues.  Although, I'm curious if you're having a time lag issue at all.. sometimes my clock will be off by like 30 minutes or more when I wake up the phone.  My fiancee, Rachel, has been having the same issues with her phone as you are tim, and her's is completely stock (with the exception of Launcher pro).

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #876 on: March 01, 2011, 08:43:58 AM »

check your settings to verify that you are allowing the auto update of date and time. VZW really blows I guess I've been hearing a shit ton of complaints about the service, and the way that devices are working. All of my phones have worked perfectly on the T-Mo network, and I have the same hardware as you guys. Never an issue with time I did expirence the message thing but, it was right after I performed a software update, and didn't hard reset (instructions said to do so) so I'm assuming that was my own fault.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #877 on: March 01, 2011, 08:44:22 AM »

My phone isn't getting the lag issues.  I have launcher pro, but I haven't hacked the phone or done anything else really.

Tim
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 01, 2011, 09:45:21 AM »

yeah, I made sure it's set to get the date/time from the carrier, maybe VZW's network really is taking a shit.  However, in my area, there is no other carrier that can compare.  My friend came up a month ago to check out tuxes with me for both of our weddings, he is on t-mo and has the mytouch 4g..  He asked his fiancee to send him a picture of the bridesmaids dresses to compare colors and it took literally 45 minutes to download on his phone.  and AT&T has spotty reception up here as well, Rachel, had att with her family before she moved onto my plan, and she was constantly cutting out in places I wouldn't.  So unfortunately, I'll have to deal with it until either VZW fixes their shit, or some other carrier builds their coverage up a bit more.

Did anyone hear about VZW having issues not connecting 911 calls here in MD during that winter storm a few weeks ago?  There was another incident here in MD where someones house was burning down and a passerby tried calling 911 from his VZW phone and wasn't connected either..

-brian
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 01, 2011, 10:36:01 AM »

Hence, why I will never go to Verizon. Cheesy

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 01, 2011, 02:28:21 PM »

It looks like you fucking ran it over.  Dear Christ.  I'd consider getting something that doesn't break so easily or stop dropping it.

I was in a large truck and had it sitting in my lap. I forgot it was there so when I went to get out, it dropped several feet on concrete. I'm going to replace it again and get an Otterbox Commuter case. Hopefully that will do the trick. I had a commuter case on my 3G and loved it.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 01, 2011, 02:38:57 PM »

I've had 4 iphones and never cracked a screen.  They've crapped out internally, but never a screen issue.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 01, 2011, 03:39:36 PM »

I've only had my ol' reliable 3g. I'm sending that one home as soon as my shitty replacement arrives that way i don't have to get the wife a new phone until we make the switch when I get home.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 01, 2011, 05:08:44 PM »

I've had 4 iphones and never cracked a screen.  They've crapped out internally, but never a screen issue.

My 3G was great as far as durability went. I dropped it all the time. I dropped it in a fountain and a gutter both submerging it completely and it never seemed to affect it. It still works, but it just sits in a drawer now. I guess the construction of the 4 just isn't as forgiving.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #884 on: March 01, 2011, 10:28:22 PM »

You think that's a design flaw?  You know they made that fucking thing disposable.  Apple better be careful, or it will follow the same path the big 3 found themselves on.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012