Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:40:30 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455073 times)
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: January 14, 2011, 12:22:29 PM »

In retrospect, I was thinking about this last night over a few beers, and since I'm purchasing that A-Spec interface for my stock radio, I think I'm going to be sticking with an iPhone for a while.  I agree with Clemente though, I'll wait for it to go to T-Mobile.  I could also just use it as an iPod touch too, i think.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #841 on: January 27, 2011, 08:03:52 PM »

Have you guys heard of Lookout Mobile Security? It's pretty sweet. It has an antivirus for checking your installed apps (kind of pointless if you get your apps from the market), contacts backup, and lost phone recovery. It can track it down to like 20m or less, so it's cool if someone steals your phone or something.

Check it out in the market.

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 27, 2011, 09:36:19 PM »

I had it on my blackberry it was decent but always running in my background killing my battery

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #843 on: January 27, 2011, 09:42:29 PM »

The nice thing about Android is that things running in memory don't use any battery... it's the CPU usage that kills it. With Android, having more memory used up is a good thing, because all of your most used apps are opened back up quickly. Android is totally different than Blackberry and Windows.  Droid Dance!

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 27, 2011, 09:48:29 PM »

Yeah its a great feature to have theres also another one called prey which installs and you forget about it and if you ever lose it same thing it will locate it 

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #845 on: January 29, 2011, 12:47:01 AM »

I just made the switch to Dolphin Browser Mini. I used to use Dolphin Browser HD, but I never used any of the addons or themes, so I decided to try Mini. Boy is it a lot faster. It's not as feature-filled as HD, obviously, but it loads up in a split second, and pages seem to load a bit faster, too. I think it's the lighter footprint that helps. If you're currently using HD, I'd give Mini a try!

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 31, 2011, 01:28:29 PM »

Just figured I'd post about the newly released EVO Shift. Papa Z is intrigued.  Tongue

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #847 on: February 11, 2011, 10:51:30 AM »

Has anyone noticed Verizon's 3G network running a lot slower lately? I've been doing a lot of speed tests with the Speed Test app, and most of the time my ping is ridiculously high at like 999ms, and my DL and UL are at like 100kbps and 200kbps. Sometimes it's even lower.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 11, 2011, 10:56:08 AM »

You think it's the consequences of having the iphone?  Already???

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #849 on: February 11, 2011, 11:26:51 AM »

Actually, it's been happening about 2 weeks before. I know Verizon stated that they're going to throttle us to accommodate for the addition of 3G users, but that was only for people who use more than 5gb a month. I have no clue.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: February 11, 2011, 12:04:26 PM »

I don't know then.  I've read reports stating that AT&T data service is faster than Verizon's, but that's all I know.

b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 11, 2011, 12:07:30 PM »

AT&T is faster.. VZW's network has never been really fast, but Jeff those speeds are really slow.. when I get home tonight I'll run a speedtest and see what I get, I get horrible service at work so I can't really test it right now for you with a real speed.

-brian
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 11, 2011, 12:43:46 PM »

Fuck both providers with Nelson's cock. I'll be so happy to be done with AT&T when I get home and Verizon can suck my left nut. I'm still wondering about that EVO Shift though. Thoughts?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 11, 2011, 01:25:59 PM »

Z, the shift is basically the EVO with a keyboard.. It's nice, but by the time you get back from sandland there will be dual core phones and other better phones available.  I take it you're plan is to switch to Sprint?

-brian
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 11, 2011, 01:27:47 PM »

You got it. Its cheaper than both providers and I liked the service with them when I had them. As well as they offer more for the same amount of money.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012