Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2024, 05:59:17 AM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 456483 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #825 on: January 11, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »

I'm going to wait and see what happens with the iPhone.  I've been getting free phones from Verizon for the past few years because BlackBerry just can't seem to get it right.  I've been very happy with my Samsung Fascinate since I've had it.  There have been a few minor quirks, but nothing major.  I can't deny the fact that I'd like to check out the iPhone and compare it to my current phone.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #826 on: January 12, 2011, 07:27:25 AM »

I'd stick with what you have.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 12, 2011, 08:26:09 AM »

So would I. And I have the iPhone.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 12, 2011, 10:01:38 AM »

i have iPhone 4. i used to have the nokia N95.

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #829 on: January 12, 2011, 12:17:30 PM »

I'm just going to look at the iPhone on Verizon.  I'm not going to get it.  I just got this phone.  I may replace Robyn's HackBerry with the iPhone and see how she likes it.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #830 on: January 12, 2011, 01:37:29 PM »

I can see their network sagging a little because of the I phone to be honest.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 12, 2011, 05:32:24 PM »

I kind of want to switch to Verizon when it becomes available. The mobile hotspot for 5 devices on the iPhone is nice and gameday service here sucks.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 12, 2011, 05:45:49 PM »

Here's my opinion on it.  The iPhone 4 is going to be available on the verizon network in February.  Historically, Apple has released new iPhones in June, so there's a possibility that 4 months down the road, you're going to have an old version of a phone.  Secondly, you can't surf the web and be on a phone call at the same time, so there's a downside to that as well.  Some people have never used it, but I have.  I've looked up an address while on a phone call a couple of times and actually have checked movie times like the commercial does.  Also, it only runs on Verizons 3G network not it's LTE network.  They offer like 5 or 6 other funs that use the much faster LTE network, why offer only this on the "New to Verizon but Old to the rest of the world" iPhone?  My bet is that the AT&T version of the iphone will be able to do the HotSpot feature on the next software update.  My suggestion is, if you really are planning to get a Verizon iPhone, wait till June.  At least by that point you'll have sort of an idea of how their 3G network is holding up to the extra usage and if anything, they might even offer the LTE iPhone.  Just my 2 cents.

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 13, 2011, 12:37:02 AM »

^^ Verizon's LTE rates are pretty pricey though!

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 13, 2011, 01:54:28 PM »

True but we're still talking about the iphone. Fuck that noise. Wow. I just realized that my postings for today are pretty damn negative.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 13, 2011, 03:03:53 PM »

I really doubt Verizon's network will sag from the new iphone users for a few reasons.. the tech that VZW uses doesn't allow simultaneous voice/data (which is a huge reason why att's network lags so much).. the two go through separate channels which is why you can't use them at the same time.  secondly, VZW has been preparing for this for 2 years.  Just yesterday they turned on 6 more towers in the NYC area.  They can handle a hell of a lot more than att.  Not to mention, VZW already uses more data than ATT thanks to the millions of android phones that are active on the network.  I really don't think there's going to be some huge wave of people leaving att for vzw just for the iphone4. and the exisiting customers who will switch to an iphone4 probably already have a smartphone (be it blackberry or android) so they'll still be consuming the same amount of data.

next.  IMHO the iphone that is released in june will not have LTE capabilities.  it will more than likely just be a refresh of the iphone4 that is out now.  Historically, apple does not jump into new tech waters right away.  also, what would be the point of an LTE iphone just yet.. the service is only available in limited locations. i don't think apple won't jump into the LTE bandwagon until 2012's new iphone, when the 4g coverage is a bit stronger and customer base has risen.

oh, and bill, the wifi hotspot feature will be available to the att iphone4 as soon as they release the next update.  the cdma iphone4 has iOS 4.2.5, which correct me if I'm wrong, is a step up from what your's has.

-brian
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 13, 2011, 03:05:08 PM »

cliff notes:

1. Vzw's network won't sag due to different network technology

2. June's iPhone4 refresh won't have LTE

3. wifi hotspot feature will be available to ATT customers with next OS update.

-brian
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 13, 2011, 03:19:04 PM »

Agreed.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 14, 2011, 07:49:33 AM »

Its still an iphone though. Personally, the updates to the iphone since the 3g were not that big a deal. Hell, the last update lagged the shit out of my phone and I had to downgrade back to the OS I had before I left. I still think Steve Jobs can suck on my left nut. After the last couple of years of owning an Apple product, I'm far from impressed. The Droids are serious phones and like was mentioned in previous pages are completely open source, something the iphone has always lacked. Don't even get me started on the rest of Apple's products. That will stay reserved for other threads.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 14, 2011, 12:02:06 PM »

when it comes to t-mobile ill get it other then that i will still wait

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012