Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:15:40 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455020 times)
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: September 15, 2010, 02:18:20 PM »

Hey Jeff and Mike, do either of you use gchat?

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: September 15, 2010, 02:19:14 PM »

I have used it but not on my current phone.
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 15, 2010, 02:21:16 PM »

Oh okay. I was hoping to have a quicker way of getting a hold of either of you for any Droid questions.

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: September 15, 2010, 02:51:31 PM »

I'll pm you my number you can text.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: September 15, 2010, 03:48:24 PM »

I'll PM you mine as well. Texting is the fastest way to reach me. I used to run Skype 24/7 on my phone, but I noticed that it burns through the battery pretty quickly, and I don't really use it that often, lol.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: September 15, 2010, 03:50:21 PM »

Finally got all this crap sorted out with Verizon.  For fuck's sake.  They have the most inconsistent customer service.  I hate the fact that they have different teams where one person can do something to help you, but another can't.  There is no consistency in service at all.  I wonder if everyone else has this much bullshit service?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #531 on: September 15, 2010, 03:56:03 PM »

Tim, I've never really had any problems with Verizon customer service. I used to own an LG Chocolate which broke 3 times, and they replaced all of them under warranty. I then had the LG voyager which broke like 2 times, and they replaced those under warranty as well. Maybe all the Verizon employees where you live are a bunch of douches or something, lol.

status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 15, 2010, 04:02:33 PM »

i dunno if i had a phone break 3 times and they kept sending shit phones id be pissed. ive only had that one problem with t-mobile and the discount thing which was taken care of in 24 hours, when talking to the people in the store ive never had a problem. tmobile has been great, for the most part i get reception where every one else does. i usually dont deal well with bs service.

-Alec
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: September 15, 2010, 04:34:48 PM »

Well, it's commonly known around there that pretty much everyone is an asshole and people in the North East and more specifically New England are outwardly rude to everyone.  I have dealt with customer service in the store and I've dealt with customer service on the phone.  They have all been inconsistent.  There is no uniformity on how they help their customers.  Anyway, I've replaced my phone 7 times within the past 20 months and the only thing customer service was willing to do was sell me another phone.  I told them they could go fuck themselves if they though I was dumb enough to pay them for another phone when I've had 7 non-functional phones in a row (even more if you count the 4 LG's that I've gone through). 

Anyway, I finally got a hold of the email customer support and got things cleared up with my phone.  They're sending me out a Samsung Fascinate.  I should have it by Monday.  I'll be talking to a few of you guys about how to get the most out of my phone so I can toss the Verizon junk and use it as a wifi hot spot.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 15, 2010, 05:00:43 PM »

Only way to do that is to root.  I'll PM you a link on how to do that with a video tutorial that is based off of a mac operating system.  So you can use your macbook to root.  I am probably waiting until froyo gets released for our phone then I will root.  If you want to do it before me, let me know how it goes.. lol

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #535 on: September 15, 2010, 05:14:10 PM »

I'd wait the month or so for 2.2 to drop. If you use launcher pro you can hide all the bs apps that you don't want to see any way. Out of site out of mind.
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 15, 2010, 05:18:38 PM »

^yeah, I'm taking that advice..  I'll wait for 2.2.  but after staying up browsing android forums and developer forums and youtube videos for all this stuff, i'm definitely convinced i'm going to root.  and then I'm going to run the lag fix which will increase the speed by about 3 fold. (or so i've read/watched).

Once I do root, launcher should I run?  I've seen cyanogen, and it seems pretty good.. or should I just stick with stock froyo?

-brian
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 15, 2010, 05:23:39 PM »

If it were me, I'd go with stock froyo and run launcher pro after you root.

All this talk of root, I think I'm going to root my phone again so i could use it for wi-fi tethering.

- Mark
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 15, 2010, 05:34:28 PM »

what phone do you have mark?  and if I did root now, how easy would it be to reset it back to OEM?

-brian
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: September 15, 2010, 05:36:18 PM »

Fucking nerds.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012