Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:18:49 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455027 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2010, 09:03:18 AM »

So I was charged $14 for 7mb of data usage back when i was on my Voyager... those fucking pricks!

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2010, 09:33:53 AM »

Just feeding the fire Z. I wasn't really set off at this point the only advantage to owning and Iphone is to be associated with that crowd. Most of the app's are becoming available for free in the Android Market, and if there not free they still cost far less than Apple would charge. Well that and it can act as an I pod.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2010, 09:51:58 AM »

Can I ask what you I phone guys are paying monthly? I was comparing prices last night, and for my 2 lines (One I phone one BB) AT&T wanted $210 a month before taxes to provide 2 GB of data, and comparable services to my T-Mo contract. That's $840 a year more before taxes! That's absolutely ridiculous! Not to mention the fact that the T-Mobile plan actually offered 300 more minutes, and Unlimited data vs. a 2 GB cap.
status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2010, 10:06:44 AM »

when i had mine it was the same per month. ive never had a data plan. pretty much everywhere i go (school,work, home, theater and most bars) all have free wifi.
and when i dont have wifi for the 2-5 hours i usually live with out data.

-Alec
DV8mAn

I'm Tired...

Reputation Power: 4
DV8mAn pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2010, 10:26:30 AM »

I'm gonna hack my BB Curve 8330 to run the 5.0 OS.  Should be fun!!
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 28, 2010, 10:27:07 AM »

i pay 90 a month with tmobile unlimited data  text night and weekends i dont talk much during the day so my 600 mins dont bother me i average  anywhere from 6000 to 10000 text a month so i need all the data i can get   >Cheesy

wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2010, 10:37:58 AM »

I think our bill is about 200 a month for five lines, unlimited text, 700 non network minutes, early nights and weekends, a unlimited data plan and a 2gb data plan.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2010, 10:42:53 AM »

I heard a Blackberry / Android combined venture rumor last night from the guy I was talking to in T-Mobile's IT group. Not sure if he was bullshitting or not but, if you look around it would seem Blackberry is heading for trouble in terms of sales. Also read an article today saying that they don't think Apple is getting very many new customers, and that most of the I phone four sales are upgrades, also according to this the Droid was the best selling smart phone in the 1st quater of 2010
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 28, 2010, 11:03:54 AM »

I'm impressed with the iphone4's smoothness and the crazy pixel ratio of the display, other than that, there's really no breakthroughs on new technology with it.  The Droid X however, is incredible, and I'm more than likely going to upgrade to it soon.. after reading several reviews on both phones, playing around with both phones, and forming my own opinion.. the Droid X seems to be the best phone out of both AT&T and Verizon's line up.  Keep in mind that I AM a macboy.  I do love my Apple products (imac, ipod).. but the new phone just doesnt seem like it's that big of a step up to me.

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: July 28, 2010, 11:13:51 AM »

I'm impressed with the iphone4's smoothness and the crazy pixel ratio of the display, other than that, there's really no breakthroughs on new technology with it.  The Droid X however, is incredible, and I'm more than likely going to upgrade to it soon.. after reading several reviews on both phones, playing around with both phones, and forming my own opinion.. the Droid X seems to be the best phone out of both AT&T and Verizon's line up.  Keep in mind that I AM a macboy.  I do love my Apple products (imac, ipod).. but the new phone just doesnt seem like it's that big of a step up to me.

If the display means alot to you check out the Samsung Galaxy S series of phones. They all run android, and are running the hummingbird dual core 1.0 GHZ processor as well as a newer version of Andriod (2.2 Froyo), and it should be the first to upgrade to 3.0 (gingerbread) in the 4th quarter of 2010. Specs wise they are supposed to top the Nexus one which would be impressive.
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 28, 2010, 11:18:08 AM »

yeah, I've read up on them as well, the AMOLED screen seems gorgeous.  I'm just not sure if I'm patient enough to wait for Verizon to release their version of it.  Droid X is supposed to receive an update to Froyo by mid-august.  And since Verizon just released the DX, they probably won't release Samsung's Galaxy S phone for a little while.  Unless I have just missed the release date for it..?

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: July 28, 2010, 11:24:27 AM »

The HTC incredible has a 3.7 AMOLED screen, and runs 1.9 out of the box that might be another option. The Galaxy S on verizion will be called the Samsung Facinate, and will be available in mid august (date I read was the 15th).
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 28, 2010, 04:34:22 PM »

Can I ask what you I phone guys are paying monthly? I was comparing prices last night, and for my 2 lines (One I phone one BB) AT&T wanted $210 a month before taxes to provide 2 GB of data, and comparable services to my T-Mo contract. That's $840 a year more before taxes! That's absolutely ridiculous! Not to mention the fact that the T-Mobile plan actually offered 300 more minutes, and Unlimited data vs. a 2 GB cap.

I pay in the 170 to 180 range after taxes for my plan and that's with the 24% discount I get from work. 1400 min family plan for two lines, unlimited data on both phones, unlimited family text. I wasnt getting any discount whatsoever on verizon's data plan so I would've been paying alot more if I was to stick with verizon and those govt fees and taxes are ridiculous  Sad

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: July 30, 2010, 08:30:36 AM »

Another +1 for T-Mobile customer loyalty last night. A friend of mine had there 5 month phone chewed up and destroyed by the dog. The Rep at the store told them it would be $549 to replace and there was nothing they can do about it. Call was placed to loyalty and a replacement was sent out for 149 with a $50 rebate. Try that with AT&T or Verizon.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: July 30, 2010, 09:47:38 AM »

Well, I was smart enough to get insurance on my phone.  If anything like that happens, I just have to pay $50 and I get a replacement. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012