Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:49:09 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455090 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2010, 11:30:24 AM »

I don't know if you already know or not Tim, but for my Droid X, it was another $20 a month to be able to use the Mobile Hotspot feature. I said fuck that, lol. Besides, UCF will have enough Wifi everywhere to where I won't need to tether off my phone.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2010, 12:23:56 PM »

Fucking Verizon!
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2010, 12:39:12 PM »

Yeah AT&T is gay about it too. I was able to be grandfathered in on the unlimited plan because AT&T eradicated it. To get AT&T's tethering you have to downgrade to the 2GB per month plan for $25 a month then add tethering which is $20 a month. Or when the jailbreak comes out, just download the app and you are good to go.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2010, 01:04:06 PM »

It seems that whatever carrier you have, they really try to stick it to you financially.  I'd like to have that capability, but it's really not necessary.  I'd really only use it for when I was on a road trip and needed to use my laptop.  At that point, I could just go to Starbucks or McDonalds if I needed internet access and didn't want to use the browser on my phone.  It's just a convenient feature I'd like to have. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2010, 01:43:49 PM »

Yeah AT&T is gay about it too. I was able to be grandfathered in on the unlimited plan because AT&T eradicated it. To get AT&T's tethering you have to downgrade to the 2GB per month plan for $25 a month then add tethering which is $20 a month. Or when the jailbreak comes out, just download the app and you are good to go.
There's already a stable jailbreak out for iOS4. Just an FYI.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2010, 03:08:13 PM »

Android is open source. I'd have to look but, I bet there is a free way to make it happen.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2010, 03:25:41 PM »

There's already a stable jailbreak out for iOS4. Just an FYI.

It doesn't work on the iPhone 4 yet though. I don't think so at least.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2010, 03:42:55 PM »

Yeah I read something about and IS04 unlock its just not officially released because there is a thought that apple is going to release a substantial software update to attempt to correct some of the issues the I Junk 4 is having.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2010, 08:59:22 AM »

Well, I just spent about the past hour on an Evo 4g. It's alright. I think it's way too big though and I still don't like the android operating system. It did seem a bit faster than my phone. Overall it wasn't too bad, I'm still wouldn't get one. My friend is moving to Atlanta, GA where they have or will have 4g coverage so he traded in his 3Gs. He said most of the apps suck. That's his major complaint.

Bill C.
SECM member
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2010, 03:52:27 AM »

So, i've been messing with my droid x some more, and it can already be rooted now. I rooted my phone, so now i can remove all the bloatware on the phone, an i can also get free wifi tethering. I'm going to be careful about using it though. From what i've read, Verizon is pissed about the free wifi tethering, but as long as you keep the data usage to a minimum, you should be fine.

I also tried out Pandora, but i didn't really like the quality of the songs. They sound like 144kbps. It's probably an incentive to get you to buy their paid subscription.

Another thing I did was get a home replacement app called Launcher Pro. You can already see it from the pics i posted earlier in this thread. You can adjust from having 1 to 7 home screens, and you can have three different docks that you can scroll through.

This phone rocks!

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: July 26, 2010, 08:18:25 AM »

Glad to have another android lover on the bandwagon! It's really incredible how far they have come with these phones in a short time!
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 26, 2010, 10:33:17 PM »

Just order my mytouch 3g slide cant wait to get it

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2010, 08:17:30 AM »

I might get one of these also. Or wait for the Nexus 2 I'm not sure what I want to do.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2010, 10:10:16 AM »

the trackball of death got to me i can barley use it any more on my blackberry so i took my upgrade

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2010, 11:17:04 AM »

Oh yeah I forgot to mention... so far the record time for a single charge on my Droid X has been 1 day 16 hours with moderate use. Not too shabby.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012