Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:48:48 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455090 times)
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2010, 01:41:15 AM »

I was in verizon today getting BB #7 activated and having them do all the bitch work.  I saw the Droid X, and then found out it was made by Motorola.  There's no way in hell I would ever get that phone.
I've liked my Motorola Droid thus far.. Motorola has come a long way since their days after the razr and before the Droid..

I mean, you're on blackberry #7.. unfortunately, you haven't had much luck with RIM products.  maybe you'll have better luck with Motorola products this time around..

- Mark
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2010, 08:09:59 AM »

I've never owned one Motorola product that wasn't a cheap piece of garbage.  My cable box is a Motorola and it sucks balls.  As far as BlackBerry, I'm not defending them either.  I'd really just like a phone that wasn't a total piece of shit.  The trackball on this BlackBerry seem really "loose".  I don't have much hope for this phone either.  I already have a person in tech support's direct number and email.  If I have something wrong with this phone, he wants me to contact him directly.  That means that anyone that has my number, please text me during the day.  I keep having problems with my alert tones.  I set them to a specific tone and volume, and then my BB plays something completely different. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2010, 08:30:10 AM »

Tim I strongly recommended the HTC Incredible to you. It will take sometime to get used to the interface but, I think you will like it a lot. Whcih BB are you currently using?

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2010, 10:06:21 AM »

I have a BB Tour.  If the Incredible is touch screen only, I'm going to be resistant.  Looking at the Droid X, I want to make sure any other phone I get is also going to have a mobile hot spot capability. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2010, 10:38:59 AM »

It doesn't have a keyboard but, if you would use an I Phone why the need for a Key Board? Bad expirence with something else? My boss has the Droid and has no complaints but, the incredible is running a better version of the software. I'm not sure what the Droid X is running maybe its the best of both worlds.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2010, 11:09:31 AM »

I've had a LG Voyager and a BB Storm.  The touch screen on both of those are fucking junk.  I also have a 1st Gen iPod Touch and the touch screen on that is a million times better than anything I've ever used on a phone.  That is my only justification for getting an iPhone.  At this point, I'm willing to face the facts that I'm not getting an iPhone, so we don't need to waste our time with that argument.  I am very hesitant to get any Motorola product based on the fact that over the past 20 years, I've never had one thing that didn't break prematurely.  I have had a LOT of Motorola stuff too, and some of it was fairly recent.  That is why I refuse to waste any more money on their crap. 

Realistically, I'm looking for something with a physical keyboard and has the capability to be a mobile hot spot.  My BB is still fucking up.  It's not playing alert tones when I get messages.  It's playing the right ones when it works, but at this point I expect it to work flawlessly with no hiccups. 

Tim
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2010, 11:22:15 AM »

Every review I've read says the iPhone has a better touch screen. That's one of the few things they claim the iPhone is better at.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2010, 11:32:14 AM »

They will say anything to get you to buy it i seen so many touch screen phones that can be iphone killers from screen to cameras and full keyboards. but some how i dont like there User interface much compare to some Nokia's and android base phones

wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2010, 11:41:53 AM »

Mike, in your opinion, what is the best android powered phone and what carrier? I'd like to go check it out.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2010, 12:13:39 PM »

Tim, I can't comment on the BB, but I agree with you wholeheartedly about the LG Voyager. The thing is, though, you can't compare it to the iPod/iPhone. The LG Voyager is basically just a regular phone with subpar touchscreen capabilities. It's far from a smartphone. I went from an LG Voyager to my Droid X. I fucking hated the Voyager.

Also, I found this on the web somewhere:

I am going to make an attempt at writing a review on this Droid X this weekend. I really love this phone, even though there are a few quirks that I have noticed.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 12:31:46 PM by Jeff » Logged

wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2010, 12:22:07 PM »

They all seem to be just a like.

Bill C.
SECM member
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2010, 12:41:15 PM »

Yeah.  Those are all touch screen.  If I get a new phone it's going to need buttons and it's going to need to have a mifi hotspot capabilities.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2010, 01:01:47 PM »

Tim, I can't comment on the BB, but I agree with you wholeheartedly about the LG Voyager. The thing is, though, you can't compare it to the iPod/iPhone. The LG Voyager is basically just a regular phone with subpar touchscreen capabilities. It's far from a smartphone. I went from an LG Voyager to my Droid X. I fucking hated the Voyager.
I am going to make an attempt at writing a review on this Droid X this weekend. I really love this phone, even though there are a few quirks that I have noticed.

Nexus one is missing from your list, and is running a more stream lined version of Android (2.2 I believe). Of course if you brave you could update any Android phone to run the latest version of Android it’s just not “suggested” and if you fuck it up its on you. I’d suggest waiting longer than the weekend it will take a while to get into all the features and things available with that phone.

Yeah.  Those are all touch screen.  If I get a new phone it's going to need buttons and it's going to need to have a mifi hotspot capabilities.

Being open source mifi can be likely achieved by finding the right piece of code. I’m sure it’s out there on the web.

Mike, in your opinion, what is the best android powered phone and what carrier? I'd like to go check it out.
Bill I would suggest you wait until the Nexus One hits T Mobile/ AT&T stores. I have an email directly from Google saying that it's going to happen as soon as they can make enough to meet the demand.

Try the Droid. Does Verizon give you a grace period in which you can return the phone like T-Mobile does? I believe with T-Mobile it is 30 days. It's going to take some getting used to but, I think you will like it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:09:52 PM by lavalleemike » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2010, 01:17:45 PM »

Verizon has a 30 day return period.  At this point, I refuse to pay anything for another phone and I also refuse to sign anything extending my contract.  Once it's over, I'm probably going to jump ship.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2010, 01:27:14 PM »

Can't say I blame you, and I'm starting to not believe the Iphone to Verizon stuff. I would think that if it were going to happen it would have happened at the release of the I Phone 4.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012