Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:01:06 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455115 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 12:12:44 PM »

Minimal bugs so far to unlike the competition.

Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 11:27:55 PM »

Flash makes the battery on the androids go bye bye. The EVO's (on sprint) battery life is terriblllee...

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2010, 12:50:13 AM »

well you can always root the android phones and run custom roms some are bare bones builds and they help extend your battery life 

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2010, 07:22:19 AM »

Battery life isn't great I'll give you that. But, if you have a car charger your pretty much all set.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2010, 11:37:19 AM »

Minimal bugs so far to unlike the competition.

What competition has bugs? Other than a few manufacturing defects, yellowed screen and upside down volume buttons, there are no bugs with the iPhone 4. All of that has been taken care of too.  About the battery. Couldn't you just have two batteries and swap when the other one dies?

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2010, 12:14:37 PM »

You just named 3.

You forgot to include the reception issues. To which Apples response is hold your phone a different way! Are you fucking kidding me a $400 phone and I have to hold it a certin way to talk on it! Is this fucking 1996?

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2010, 12:21:42 PM »

Don't forget the fact that the new iOS 4 for iPhones is also fucking up previous iPhones too.  I guess there's bluetooth connectivity issues and nag screens coming up with external audio devices on the iPhone 3Gs running the new OS.  What a fucking mess. 

The guy that sits next to me at work got an iPhone 4 and loves it anyway.  He has the case on his, so he doesn't have the reception issue. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2010, 12:38:08 PM »

lamp "Phones losing signal? Let's just tell eveyone to buy one of our $39 silicone cases" What is worng with people!
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2010, 12:41:49 PM »

People will buy anything that apple makes i swear there the  >Cheesy

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2010, 01:20:30 PM »

And most of the fan boys are  Cool
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2010, 01:39:54 PM »

lamp "Phones losing signal? Let's just tell eveyone to buy one of our $39 silicone cases" What is worng with people!

That is a rumor. There is no reception problem with the iPhone 4. Apple sent out a statement regarding it and they did admit to a problem that every iPhone has had since the original one. The formula used to calculate how many bars to display is wrong. It displays more than what is actually there, but this doesn't affect signal quality. In every network test they have done the iPhone 4 has performed better than the 3GS. I haven't had a single problem with my phone. Apple has already addressed the yellowed screen and button being swapped. I don't call those bugs. I will admit that the iOS4 beta was very buggy. I have the iOS4 on my 3G and 4 and haven't had a single problem. The battery has never gone below 50% and I use it all day. One of my coworkers got an Android powered phone, the HTC Aria. We swapped for a day and I hated it. It was over complicated, felt cheap, and had useless things like a digital joy stick. Why would you have a joystick on a touchscreen? I was open minded, hence I tried it and hated it. My phone is glass and stainless steel, this one was plastic. Mine may weigh a little more but it is 9mm thick! This phone was like a brick. I hated the operating system. It reminded me of a motorola razr. I don't have the bumper case on mine and haven't dropped a single call. I use my phone constantly. I use about 3GB of data, 15,000 text messages, and hundreds on minutes a month. I think if there was a problem, I would see it. I have dropped my iPhone 4 numerous times on concrete, hardwood floors, and tile and there is a scratch on it. Like I said earlier, there is a reason it is the number one selling phone in the word. I have tried three different Android powered phones and dislike everyone of them. I don't care if you don't have or want an iPhone, but to say it isn't superior is a stupid statement in my opinion. Oh, and I'm a fan boy Wink incase you haven't noticed haha
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 01:44:27 PM by wtcii » Logged

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2010, 02:08:51 PM »

That’s funny because 1000's of people say the I phone 4 scratches easily, and Apple has acknowledged the signal dropping problem according to multiple sources. Also here is a link to a signal attenuation comparison that shows holding it different ways actually effects the attenuation of the signal not just the display of it.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/06/30/how-bad-is-the-iphone-4s-signal-loss/

As for swapping phones with you buddy you compared your I phone to a free Android device. That's like comparing caviar to McDonalds. Compare the latest I phone to a phone running the latest android software. Your making an unfair comparison.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2010, 02:36:24 PM »

Did you not read the hyperlink? That is Apple's Official statement. I only know one person who has a Android powered phone and that is my coworker. She even said she wishes she could get an iPhone 4 but can't afford to get it because she wasn't due for an upgrade. Someone else I knew had an iPhone 3G and got an HTC Hero when it first came out. He hated it and terminated his contract after a month only to get another iPhone.

Bill C.
SECM member
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2010, 02:56:17 PM »

NEXUS ONE!!!!! HTC EVO 4G (4G is apple using that?) DROID X. Stop comparing the newest I phone to lower leval android phones. That’s like me saying that the HTC Aria is better than a Motorola Razr! I don't care what apples statement else look at the link to the test performed by engineers. When are you fan boys going to stop buying there bull shit? Granted I'm on the Google wagon now but, at a time in my life I was an I phone user I think they are way over rated. At the end of the day its to each is own but, you have to admit that for being a new comer Google is really making noise. Prior to last year there wasn't even an competition now it’s hot an heavy. Like I’ve said before the competition can only benefit the consumers in the long run it’s just companies pushing each other to get better. If Apple doesn’t start branching out to other carriers they are in trouble. I really think AT&T is going to be the down fall.

wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2010, 03:24:05 PM »

She paid $199.99 for her HTC Aria last week. I paid $199.99 for my iPhone 4 last week. If that isn't a fair competition, I don't know what is. Part of it may be that AT&T is the best carrier in my area. No, Apple isn't using 4G. Why have 4G when there is no network support for it. Just to say you have it? Like you said it's to each his own. I'll stick with my Apple products until I see a problem. That's what I did with PC's and I couldn't be happier with my MacBook. When I start having problems with my iPhone or see a problem with any of my friends iPhone's, I'll report it.

Bill C.
SECM member
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012