Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:15:30 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455020 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #2115 on: February 26, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »

The Nexus 6 may have the Snapdragon 810 8-core CPU. HNNNNNGGGG. I may switch from shit stain red to another carrier just so I can get one.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: February 26, 2014, 06:50:56 PM »

The Nexus 6 may have the Snapdragon 810 8-core CPU. HNNNNNGGGG. I may switch from shit stain red to another carrier just so I can get one.
Way too early in the year to speculate what it'll have bro. As for switching from shit red, doooooo eeeeeetttt.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: February 26, 2014, 07:29:37 PM »

I slightly disagree.  If you have a GS4, then the upgrade isn't worth it; but if you have a GS3 and you are happy with it, then I think the GS5 is worth upgrading to.  Now, if you are one to root your phone, I wouldn't recommend it; especially with Knox 2.0.
That last statement is exactly why I went back to nexus. You're right about the jump from s3 to s5 if you're into the touchjizz skin. It's entirely too bloated for my tastes though.
My GS4 isn't rooted, as I don't really care that much to do so.  Hell, I haven't even rooted my Nexus 7.

TouchWiz annoys me generally, but I've somewhat gotten used to it.  That being said, I'm uncertain if my next phone is going to be a Samsung device; or at least for that matter, Android.  I'll have to see what's out when I feel like buying a new phone.
I actually thought about switching to T-Mo.  Their cheapest unlimited data plan would save me something like $3/mo.  It's not enough for me to give up unlimited LTE on VZW, especially with the coverage.  Now, a future phone may convince me, but I'll have to evaluate the pros and cons if something like the Nexus 6 is going to be a game changing device.

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2118 on: February 26, 2014, 09:25:52 PM »

I'll be in line early for the Nexus 6. I just buy directly from Google at this point. The customer service through play is impressive I drooped my phone and caught an ugly scratch and the replaced it... I was amazed.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2119 on: February 26, 2014, 09:27:25 PM »

You and that phone drooping. You gotta stop that.

lol
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2120 on: February 26, 2014, 09:28:19 PM »

Excuse for a new one
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2121 on: March 12, 2014, 05:52:15 PM »

So I have an upgrade with Verizon coming up on the 20th. I currently have an S3, and I'm thinking about switching over to the Moto X. I know it's a side step, but it's currently $50 with a new 2 year contact which isn't that bad. I think what we may do is use the upgrade on my mom's line (which doesn't have unlimited data), then re-activate her S3, then activate the Moto X on my line (hopefully keeping my unlimited data), then active my old S3 on my stepdad's line to get rid of his shitty iPhone 4.

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: March 12, 2014, 06:11:40 PM »

So I have an upgrade with Verizon coming up on the 20th. I currently have an S3, and I'm thinking about switching over to the Moto X. I know it's a side step, but it's currently $50 with a new 2 year contact which isn't that bad. I think what we may do is use the upgrade on my mom's line (which doesn't have unlimited data), then re-activate her S3, then activate the Moto X on my line (hopefully keeping my unlimited data), then active my old S3 on my stepdad's line to get rid of his shitty iPhone 4.
HTC One (2014) releases really soon, if you want something newer.  I think it launches on Mar. 25.

- Mark
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2123 on: March 12, 2014, 06:16:41 PM »

I really don't want to deal with custom android UI's though. The Moto X is about the closest to stock Android as I can get. Sure I'm running AOSP on my S3 right now, but they're always riddled with bugs.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: March 12, 2014, 06:20:19 PM »

Stick with the Moto X. Everything else, besides nexus, has locked bootloaders.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #2125 on: March 12, 2014, 06:32:32 PM »

Well, except for that the moto X on Verizon has a locked bootloader as well. But since it's already so close to stock android anyways, I would be okay with having just root.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: March 12, 2014, 07:39:03 PM »

You could always just get the dev edition and not worry about the upgrade.

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2127 on: March 12, 2014, 07:52:58 PM »

I'd have to spend like $450 on that shit. Fuck that! I don't think the Moto X is worth that much for how aged its hardware already is.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: March 12, 2014, 08:23:22 PM »

I think there's a bootloader unlock available for the subsidized version. Check xda.

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #2129 on: March 13, 2014, 02:43:15 PM »

It looks like the moto X's with locked bootloaders on 4.4.2 can't even be rooted anymore. Well shit. I don't think there is any other device out there right now that I'd want. The Nexus 6 is still too far away from now. Didn't that LG G2 get good reviews?

Edit: the G2 looks pretty damn beastly. I may get one now.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012