Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:13:30 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455015 times)
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: September 27, 2012, 04:45:14 PM »

It's still a matter of opinion

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: September 27, 2012, 05:02:07 PM »

And opinions are like assholes...

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: September 27, 2012, 05:17:38 PM »

Well, it is. The iCrap just have better accessories.
For the people that don't care to hack their phone, flash the latest nightlies, and have the ability to customize their phone to a greater possibility; the iPhone is a great phone.  It's stable, it works, and it provides what people want in a smart phone; e-mail access, web browsing, social networking, texting, and phone calls.

Android has that also, with the option of customizing your homescreen, menus, LED colors, etc; but at the expense of possible stability issues.  Let's be honest, when you get to the point of flashing nightlies, you have to be willing to live with bugs and issues that aren't typically there in a stable official release.

For all intents and purposes, if one were to leave their Android phone stock, it would be fairly similar to an iPhone; with a few technical differences.  Apple is starting to close the gap with things such as Notification Center and Maps (albeit their first attempt at a Maps application sucks).

- Mark
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1818 on: September 27, 2012, 05:29:28 PM »

I had a lot of bugs on my unmodified Android phone. I didn't find it to be as stable or reliable as I wanted it to be/was told it would be. I'm willing to give up "customization" for better stability. I'm quite content with my current phone.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1819 on: September 27, 2012, 05:49:13 PM »

I guess I'm more of a purist when it comes to Android. I'm waiting for the next nexus that should come out by the end of the year when I'm due for an upgrade.

If you were a true purist you would stick to the company that has been making Android devices the longest... In fact to prove my purist nature I still own the original Android phone..
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 05:51:49 PM by Mike » Logged
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: September 27, 2012, 06:36:08 PM »

OS wise. I'm not a fan of Motorola phones unless they come up with the next nexus but I don't see that happening.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: September 27, 2012, 08:10:34 PM »

I had a lot of bugs on my unmodified Android phone. I didn't find it to be as stable or reliable as I wanted it to be/was told it would be. I'm willing to give up "customization" for better stability. I'm quite content with my current phone.
The bugs would probably be more from TouchWiz (if Samsung called it that already when you had your Fascinate) than it would be from Android.
OS wise. I'm not a fan of Motorola phones unless they come up with the next nexus but I don't see that happening.
Technically, Motorola is not the first to make an Android phone; so they aren't the ones that have been making Android phones the longest.  Even though the Motorola Droid is commonly dubbed as the OG Droid, the first Android phone was the G1 that was released for use under T-Mobile.  The G1 was made by HTC.

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1822 on: September 27, 2012, 08:23:36 PM »

Z claims to be a purist and Alpha has to drop knowledge.. Droid isn't OG at all. It's was also know as the HTC dream.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: September 27, 2012, 08:26:20 PM »

I said OS wise. Not the damn hardware. Screw all the skinned shit. IE, touchwiz, sense, blur. I've only been in the Android game for two years. Fuckers.

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1824 on: September 27, 2012, 08:37:51 PM »

Z, do you ever find the stock Android camera to be lacking? Going from the Touchwiz camera to the stock one was pretty gruesome. I just found out about LGcamera though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rubberbigpepper.lgCamera&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsInJ1YmJlcmJpZ3BlcHBlci5sZ0NhbWVyYSJd

I've been toying around with that. Maybe it's just because my phone still has some bugs with CM10. I'm currently on someone's custom release that's more akin to a combination of CM10 and AOKP. Other than the camera, shit's fast as fuck.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: September 27, 2012, 08:40:46 PM »

Not really. It is a phone after all. It works just fine for a phone.

slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: September 27, 2012, 08:44:57 PM »

You silly girls and your phone talk, I'm getting wood.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1827 on: September 27, 2012, 10:24:35 PM »

Lol you can't call anyone with that! Haha! I love my droid...not up for another upgrade until July
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: September 28, 2012, 08:42:15 AM »

Im up in November, prolly gonna go with the GS3, my brother has it and loves it.  Thought about the RazrMaxx but GF got it and its basically just my phone(DroidX) with a better battery...

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: September 28, 2012, 09:31:03 AM »

Wait a little longer and get the next nexus Ryan. The GS3 isn't all that great if you ask me. Its a minor step up from the GS2. Plus the touchwiz skin really takes away from Android.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012