Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:39:18 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455070 times)
Fanitron

Reputation Power: 3
Fanitron pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: July 13, 2012, 08:15:31 AM »

SGS3 is fugly... One X is prob the nicest Android phone out there right now IMO.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1651 on: July 13, 2012, 10:15:45 AM »

This should just be the android phone discussion.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1652 on: July 13, 2012, 10:22:03 AM »

Right?  Cheesy

As for the SGS3, I don't like it. The phone may be a powerhouse but with the stupid colors and rounded shape, it reminds me of the iFail 3G. Good thing I'm due for an upgrade around the time the next Nexus phone is supposed to come out. Once you go Nexus...
Z, I'd be inclined to say... suck it!

The S3 is lighter and way thinner than the iCrap 3GS, and has a 4.8" 1280x720 screen. However I kind of agree with you on the colors. The blue looks a lot nicer in person though. Fuck the white though, that's for chicks. Maybe that'd suit you better Z! Overall I'm still very pleased with my phone, and the build quality is superb.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1653 on: July 13, 2012, 11:30:51 AM »

I like the HTC One stuff better... Sorry Jeff!
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1654 on: July 13, 2012, 11:38:17 AM »

Understandable.... however those aren't on Verizon!  Flippa!

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: July 13, 2012, 11:44:25 AM »

Jeff, kiss my ass. How's that for not beating around the bush? Anyway, were I to get an S3, I'd put a case on it immediately regardless of the color it was. However, I won't get it since its bloated with crap and won't be the first to run the next versions of Android. Nexus all the way man.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: July 13, 2012, 12:25:17 PM »

Added GF to my plan yesterday, she got the Razr Maxx (turned her back on the iphone...ZOMG!).  I was thinkin about gettin it when I upgrade in Nov, so I guess I'll just have to get whatever better phone comes out by then. Smiley

The new family share plans are interesting, but nice because it comes out saving me $30 for my portion of the phone and now I have unlimited talk and text.

We got the phone at Best Buy and she got the phone protection plan thru them.  After havin my DX for two years and never havin to use the replacement plan (and thank god for that and not havin to pay $100 for a new one), I was prolly just not gonna get one with my next phone.  The guy at best buy changed my mind, theyre plan is $2 more a month than verizons, but there is no deductible and no limit on how many times you use it.  You can also just pick it up at a store, so you dont have to wait for them to send you a new one.  Sounds worth it to me.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: July 13, 2012, 01:48:39 PM »

Right?  Cheesy

As for the SGS3, I don't like it. The phone may be a powerhouse but with the stupid colors and rounded shape, it reminds me of the iFail 3G. Good thing I'm due for an upgrade around the time the next Nexus phone is supposed to come out. Once you go Nexus...
Z, I'd be inclined to say... suck it!

The S3 is lighter and way thinner than the iCrap 3GS, and has a 4.8" 1280x720 screen. However I kind of agree with you on the colors. The blue looks a lot nicer in person though. Fuck the white though, that's for chicks. Maybe that'd suit you better Z! Overall I'm still very pleased with my phone, and the build quality is superb.
A few of my coworkers have the SGS3, and they love it.  I spent a few minutes with one, and I liked it.  By the way, Jelly Bean is fantastic Wink

Jeff, kiss my ass. How's that for not beating around the bush? Anyway, were I to get an S3, I'd put a case on it immediately regardless of the color it was. However, I won't get it since its bloated with crap and won't be the first to run the next versions of Android. Nexus all the way man.
I think the SGS3 may be just as well supported as a Nexus (at least the Verizon version).  Verizon held back on the ICS 4.0.4 update for months.  Jelly Bean AOSP released a few days ago, we'll see how long it takes Verizon to vet it.
Plus, rooting the phone and flashing custom ROMs would make the crapware and versions fairly irrelevant.  Nexus devices may be the first to get it, but well supported devices should get updates within a few days or so after the Nexus devices do; at least, in the development community.  Lets be honest, after most people root, they don't tend to go by carrier OTAs anymore.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:52:20 PM by alpha » Logged

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1658 on: July 13, 2012, 02:26:40 PM »

The problem lies in Samsung not the Carrier. As soon as they start working on the next big phone, your updates disappear. With the NEXUS stuff you never face that.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: July 13, 2012, 02:37:13 PM »

The problem lies in Samsung not the Carrier. As soon as they start working on the next big phone, your updates disappear. With the NEXUS stuff you never face that.
The Verizon version of the Galaxy Nexus faces this.  I know there will always be the blame game: Google blames Samsung and Verizon, Samsung blames Verizon and Google, and Verizon blames Samsung and Google.

To be frank, if the AOSP source for the latest update releases, it shouldn't take 3 months for that update to hit Nexus phones; i.e. the ICS 4.0.4 AOSP was released in March, and the ICS 4.0.4 OTA for Verizon Galaxy Nexus phones wasn't until June.

- Mark
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1660 on: July 14, 2012, 12:12:24 PM »

Lick my balls, Z! I just overclocked my phone to 1.9ghz. Get on my level!!!  Flippa!

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: July 14, 2012, 12:34:14 PM »

Don't care to. Your phone is fugly.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: July 14, 2012, 10:42:03 PM »

Well, my nightmare happened, cracked my screen. Anyone know how difficult it is to change an iPhone screen?

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1663 on: July 14, 2012, 10:46:50 PM »

It's not that bad. Hardest part is not getting dust on the inside after. Take it to one of those mall kiosk deals they usually do them for about 50
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: July 14, 2012, 11:38:23 PM »

So I can't discuss any more iPhone issues in here?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012