Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:39:28 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Master Cylinder Failure  (Read 17331 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2010, 05:09:33 PM »

Quote from: "NVA-AV6"
Damn, look at all the crap in that bill.....

$219.17 for a part with a dealer list of $166
$67.67 a hr labor, WTF did they come up with that number?.?.?.?.
ohh and I love this nickel and dime crap $279 for brake fluid and $3.95 for brake cleaner then lets add another $7.32 for disposal and supplies?.?.?.?.?.

:crazy:  :roll:

That's weird. Normally, this place is pretty inexpensive compared to other places. That kinda bothers me. It makes me want to call the nearest Honda Dealer and see what they would charge...
Quote from: "Icebox"
one word ......  stealership
Surprisingly, it wasn't a dealership. It was Tom's Automotive in Tupelo, MS.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 10:35:38 PM »

damn they put alot of miles on. probably grabbed coffees too. lol but i cant believe they charged you for spraying brake cleaner. i doubt they used a whole can of that stuff lol

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 10:55:58 PM »

Yeah.  They ripped your father off.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2010, 10:13:20 AM »

Haha I told him and his response was at least your brakes work now. Thanks for the help guys!

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 11:06:57 AM »

It's good to know someone has money to burn.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 12:38:02 PM »

Well, it is too late to do anything about it and they work, so why be pissed? Obviously, he would have rather spend less, this is just the shop we always use for non-warranty cars.

Bill C.
SECM member
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 01:32:59 PM »

I'd look for another shop.  They're ripping your father off and nickle and diming him to jack up their price.

Tim
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 01:38:31 PM »

I'll look at some. Hopefully I won't need one for a while though.

Bill C.
SECM member
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2012, 09:57:12 PM »

Sorry to revive a 2 year old thread, but I have a relevant question in regards to the master cylinder. I noticed more recently that whenever I'm sitting at a stop with my foot on the brake pedal, it will soften up and sink about an inch. It's not much, but it's enough for me to notice and think what the hell? From what I've gathered online, it's one of the signs that the master cylinder is on its way out.

My car has 92,000 miles. What's a standard life interval of the master cylinder? I looked up on www.rockauto.com, and they've got a Raybestos remanufactured one for $60. What kind of work is required to replace it?

Thanks for the help in advance. I also renamed the topic to make it easier to understand what it's about.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:58:47 PM by Jeff » Logged

MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2012, 10:10:43 PM »

Its rare to see a master cylinder to go bad. I've only replaced a few. Its mainly domestic cars that I replace. As for replacing it, you'll need a line wrench to take off the brake lines that connects to the master cylinder. Before you install the new master, you will need to bench bleed the master cylinder before installing. Afterwards, you will need to then bleed off all the lines from each corner of the car.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2012, 12:05:38 AM »

Strange.  I've had my MC on my car for 200k and no problems even after the brake upgrades I've done.  If you want, I can PM you the instructions on how to test it to see if your MC needs to be replaced.

Tim
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2012, 01:27:24 AM »

Thien, thanks for the info. Tim, that'd be great. It would definitely be better to know for sure if it really is the MC going bad.

fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2012, 01:56:27 AM »

Hey Tim would you mind sending me the instructions as well

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2012, 12:08:03 PM »

Yeah. I'll try to remember to do that tonight when I get home.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012