Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:52:22 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: throttle body  (Read 8482 times)
JRv6
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
JRv6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2010, 04:56:36 PM »

hey guys i'm having a problem with my TB... According to the computer it gave me the codes that the TB is messed up so did a bit a research n the dealer is the only place for me to buy the TB but they want $400.18... So i'm like if i'm going to spend $400 on a stock TB I rather spend the $$ on an aftermarket TB, so does anybody know where can I get a performance TB or any other suggestion on what should I do... With the TB any suggestion will b greatly apreciated. Thank you!!
MyNameIsThien

MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 07:01:27 PM »

Time to hit the junkyard. What code did you pull? No one makes an aftermarket TB for the J30A4 yet. You can have Paul (NVA-AV6) make a Big Mouth TB and IM for you. Totally up to you on that one.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 07:27:20 PM »

Go with the big mouthed TB from Paul. I currently have the IM spacer and that will be a part of my next purchase from him. Like Thien said though, it's up to you. Junk yard or ebay may be an option also.

Rich
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 10:14:58 PM »

I'd also like to know what code you got.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 05:48:12 AM »

I also would want to know what code you got, but anyway, check the link below, $280 for a new TB....

http://www.bkhondaparts.com/billkay/jsp ... =&hidIrno=

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
JRv6
Fucking Newb

JRv6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 07:59:19 PM »

thanx 4 the info peeps... Ebay been looking n can't find one n junkyard it's kinda hard to find the v6 out here in SW Florida... On the code I will have to get back to you on that... Engine light still there I kinda stop driving ma car cuz when I take it out eventually the engine will start hesitating n when getting ma foot of the pedal the car jerks aggressively... And when that happens n I come to a full stop the car just won't go... I have to turn the engine off n start again to reset the whole thing... Anyways b4 I purchace anything I want to make sure... I will get back to you guys wit the code n with ur advice i'll make the next step...
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 09:43:20 PM »

did you take it out and see maybe you need to clean it? maybe something got into it?

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 11:05:05 PM »

You can also look at car-part.com for used parts.  That code is key though.  We really can't help you until you tell us what it is.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 11:44:42 PM »

Quote from: "JRv6"
thanx 4 the info peeps... Ebay been looking n can't find one n junkyard it's kinda hard to find the v6 out here in SW Florida... On the code I will have to get back to you on that... Engine light still there I kinda stop driving ma car cuz when I take it out eventually the engine will start hesitating n when getting ma foot of the pedal the car jerks aggressively... And when that happens n I come to a full stop the car just won't go... I have to turn the engine off n start again to reset the whole thing... Anyways b4 I purchace anything I want to make sure... I will get back to you guys wit the code n with ur advice i'll make the next step...

sorry I can't help, having a really hard time understanding your English... :eh:  get the big ass TB and IM from Paul, that is on my list of things to get!

Fucking Newb

JRv6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 05:56:25 PM »

lol no problem... Uh... Yeah I took the TB out, cleaned it, I also cleaned the CAI filter and the pipe... It kinda helped the 1st day but then it started doing the same thing... I was gonna get the error code 2day but i'm still @ work but hopefully by the end of the day or 2morrow i'll borrow the scanner to get the code...
JRv6
Fucking Newb

JRv6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 08:03:58 PM »

ok guys I finally have the error code... P2138 Throttle/Pedal Position Sens/Sw D/E Volt Correlation... I'm open to suggestions, ideas... Thanks for the help!!
MyNameIsThien

MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 08:12:24 PM »

Change out the sensor first. Clear the code and see if it comes back on. The sensor is located right behind the strut tower bar on the right side. If the code comes back on, then replace the throttle body and hope that solves your problem.

JRv6
Fucking Newb

JRv6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 08:28:18 PM »

that's a big 10-4... I will jump on it n see what it does... I'll keep you updated!!
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 10:29:07 AM »

WOW, I was actaully able to read what you said!  :lol:  good luck on figuring out the problem!

Fucking Newb

JRv6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 03:50:27 PM »

lmao!! I get you... I make no sense sometimes, I don't even understand my self sometimes lol it's all good tho... I just need to remember we not texting here lol... Oh well i'll replace that sensor but it won't happen until Tuesday... Since tomorrow everything is going to be closed so hopefully that will solve the problem...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012