Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:37:36 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple sub build.  (Read 3685 times)
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2009, 11:31:04 AM »

I'm sure folks have discussed this before on the old site...but nothing here yet.  

Overall, I am pretty impressed with the OEM sound system in the EX version of our cars.  I do listen to a lot of bass heavy music...and am thinking about getting a little more low end punch.  In my previous car I had a 15" hooked up to a 200W RMS amp...and it was big and heavy, took up my whole damn trunk....and at full blast it was enough to give you vertigo. Anyone have some recommendations on a small, light, simple way to get a little more bass in my car?

thanks
RTexasF

Reputation Power: 2
RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 09:30:34 PM »

Bazooka 10" 200 watt
Infinity Basslink

I 've had the Bazooka and it takes a little while to break in then it fills in the bass wonderfully. Not heard a negative comment on the Basslink either. If you are looking for solid bass to accent a current system these will work very well. If you want to piss off the neighbors neither will fill the bill.

Rick, token old bastard.
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 10:31:29 PM »

Do you have a JL cleansweep on your set-up Rick?

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 11:48:40 PM »

One idea is to get a single 10" sub with a custom enclosure.  You could also get 2 8"s.  Are you trying to save space, or do you just want a little more bass without worrying about losing trunk space?  What is your price range?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 01:29:47 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
One idea is to get a single 10" sub with a custom enclosure.  You could also get 2 8"s.  Are you trying to save space, or do you just want a little more bass without worrying about losing trunk space?  What is your price range?

I'd like to keep as much trunk space as possible. I drive cross-country about twice a year and I am amazed how much crap I end up taking with me.  I'm on a budget...I don't need anything high-end...just something to give the low frequencies a little more authority and take some strain off the oem speakers.  The oem 6x9's are not that bad...they just distort at higher volume...I don't listen to anything that loud...around 15-16 on the volume dial is average for me.

I'm wondering if a 10" would really be able to produce bass much better than a 6x9....perhaps the 10's I've heard before were just junk.  I was sort of thinking a 12".
Sworkhard

Reputation Power: 1
Sworkhard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 07:16:50 PM »

one decent 10 would produce much better and more bass if put into a properly designed enclosure than any pair of 6x9's because the 10" sub is in an enclosure, while 6x9 are free air speakers designed to be put into your rear deck.

[size=150]Stephen[/size]
03 Accord EX-L 5MT
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 12:47:25 AM »

6x9's aren't much to talk about.  One 10" subwoofer will produce more bass because it's a subwoofer.  The 6x9's are basically midwoofers that also reproduce high frequencies.  As Sworkhard said, a decent 10" subwoofer in a properly designed enclosure will give you ample bass if you are just looking for a little more kick without compromising as much space.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012