Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:50:04 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HID Conversion Kit  (Read 11052 times)
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2010, 12:08:51 AM »

What do you guys think of this, you will need to select Accord, and bulb number

http://www.vvme.com/page.html?chapter=5&id=49

Reputation Power: 2
Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 12:27:40 AM »

Quote from: "sherker55"
What do you guys think of this, you will need to select Accord, and bulb number

http://www.vvme.com/page.html?chapter=5&id=49

hm idk never bought from them looks good, if your looking for a conversion kit I bought mine from ddm tuning had them in for about a yr and a half n no problems so far, here's the site:  http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=85&pg=1

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 12:29:51 AM »

You'll get what you pay for.  The one thing I will say is that HID bulbs in halogen housings are not safe and annoying to anyone in front of you.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Anthony212

Reputation Power: 2
Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 12:35:38 AM »

^ yes n no, if aligned correctly shouldn't have a problem, many people in front of me don't flash me or anything and cops don't seemed bothered by them either.

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 12:46:49 AM »

why dangerous?

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 01:24:59 AM »

why dangerous?

Causes glare. I have mine aligned a little bit lower than stock and haven't been flashed yet. (Knock out wood)

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 02:34:04 AM »

If you want a PnP kit, go with DDM. As for dangerous, it is blinding to oncoming drivers. Granted, in the time I've been running with a PnP kit in the current lights before redoing the retro, I've only been flashed once until I flashed back and the asshole realized they were my lows. Honestly, if you want HIDs, the absolute best way to go is a retro.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 08:15:00 AM »

Quote from: "Anthony212"
^ yes n no, if aligned correctly shouldn't have a problem, many people in front of me don't flash me or anything and cops don't seemed bothered by them either.

Actually, it's all no.  This is a topic that I've continued to go over with plenty of people.  The people with HID kits will continue to argue that if you "aim them properly" you won't bother anyone.  I say it's bullshit because I've been in front of cars with "properly aimed" HID kits and they are still blinding.  Now, here are some facts (not opinions) about HID kits and why it is not good to use them.  The reflector in your halogen housings are designed to reflect a small amount of light above the cutoff line for street signs and the like.  When you use a bulb that is 3 or 4 times brighter than the halogen bulb the headlight housing was intended for, it increases the light above the cutoff line creating hot spots with the same effect as having your high beams on.  Aiming your headlights down doesn't really do much, other than give you less usable light, but the hot spots still exist because you don't have that much adjustment.  Just because people don't flash you and the cops don't pull you over, doesn't mean it isn't affecting other people.  Those people are just tolerating it.  You live in the NYC area, and there are a LOT of cars that have HID kits in that area.  Compare your PnP HID kit with real HID housings and you'll clearly see the difference.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 09:38:57 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Quote from: "Anthony212"

Actually, it's all no.  This is a topic that I've continued to go over with plenty of people.  The people with HID kits will continue to argue that if you "aim them properly" you won't bother anyone.  I say it's bullshit because I've been in front of cars with "properly aimed" HID kits and they are still blinding.  Now, here are some facts (not opinions) about HID kits and why it is not good to use them.  The reflector in your halogen housings are designed to reflect a small amount of light above the cutoff line for street signs and the like.  When you use a bulb that is 3 or 4 times brighter than the halogen bulb the headlight housing was intended for, it increases the light above the cutoff line creating hot spots with the same effect as having your high beams on.  Aiming your headlights down doesn't really do much, other than give you less usable light, but the hot spots still exist because you don't have that much adjustment.  Just because people don't flash you and the cops don't pull you over, doesn't mean it isn't affecting other people.  Those people are just tolerating it.  You live in the NYC area, and there are a LOT of cars that have HID kits in that area.  Compare your PnP HID kit with real HID housings and you'll clearly see the difference.

I agree with you. I guess I'm used to it. If you see a picture that I took me parking my car in my driveway...I walked in front of my car and I actually had a shadow on my entire house (3 family house)....I was like...HOLY GLARE BATMAN. I'm saving up for a retro though....

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 11:19:45 AM »

Tim is spot on with his explanation. My PnP kit in the "stock" housings right now are only temporary since I had the ballasts already mounted and had spare 9006 HID bulbs. Didn't feel like buying halogen bulbs for temporary use. Thing is, once you go retro, you can never go back! It sucks having anything but a true HID setup.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 11:05:28 PM »

Quote from: "CYANiDE"
why dangerous?

Causes glare. I have mine aligned a little bit lower than stock and haven't been flashed yet. (Knock out wood)

knock out wood...I'm surprised no one jumped all over that one!   :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback, seemed like a too good to be true option  :sad:

Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 01:23:52 AM »

Not necessarily. Actually, I just spotted an easy to do and cheap retro with great results. Check this projector out. From the reviews I've read on it in HIDPlanet, its pretty much a PnP retro with an output comparable to the FX. No hacking to get them in. I was looking at them for when and if I decide to go back to a quad setup due to their size. The only drawback is they use an H1 bulb instead of D2S like most OEM setups. The output pictures of them though put them up there with the big guns of the projector retrofit world. Here's a topic where those projectors are compared side by side with another PnP projector that many have probably seen floating around egay and da.net. And here's a thread where the output is compared to the RX330 projector which is comparable to the s2k. A little food for thought.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 09:00:29 AM »

I wish I had the time to do a retro! Damn it!
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 09:47:08 AM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Not necessarily. Actually, I just spotted an easy to do and cheap retro with great results. Check this projector out. From the reviews I've read on it in HIDPlanet, its pretty much a PnP retro with an output comparable to the FX. No hacking to get them in. I was looking at them for when and if I decide to go back to a quad setup due to their size. The only drawback is they use an H1 bulb instead of D2S like most OEM setups. The output pictures of them though put them up there with the big guns of the projector retrofit world. Here's a topic where those projectors are compared side by side with another PnP projector that many have probably seen floating around egay and da.net. And here's a thread where the output is compared to the RX330 projector which is comparable to the s2k. A little food for thought.

Clicked on them, but took me to a log on page, so I couldn't read the threads!

Thanks for that info though, I am thinking that I will do a retro once my silverstar ultras burn out...I would want to do both high and low beams if that is possible.

Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 10:18:12 AM »

You have to be a registered member on HID Planet to view their threads.  They have some pretty lame rules over there IMHO.  Back to what you said though Mark, a retrofit in the high beams isn't really necessary.  It's my opinion, but here's my reasoning.  Your low beams should focus the light below the cut off line so you can see what's in front of you, without blinding anyone that's driving in front of you.  Your high beams are lights that you use intermittently when there is nobody in front of you that you want to unintentionally blind/annoy.  High beams are really there to spread the light across a large area.  If you use a projector that focuses the beam, your high beam won't spread the light as good as a reflector.  I've stuck with reflectors for my high beams, but used HID bulbs in them.  Since they're high beams, HID bulbs are actually a pretty nice improvement in performance.  Really, the best of both worlds, is if you had a bi-xenon low beam projector and a HID bulb in your high beam reflector.  You'd still have a low beam projector, that will also double as a high beam when you hit your highs, mounted in your low beam area, plus you'd have your high beam reflectors for added high beam performance.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012