Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:00:21 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legend caliper alternative?  (Read 7718 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 03:00:28 PM »

That argument some of those people have is retarded.  I'm not sure why they think it's bad, but I've had no ill effects with the calipers the way they are.  Also, my reasoning is based on what you have to do to get them to fit.  I'm not one of those people that's concerned with reverting things back to stock (obviously).

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 03:44:48 PM »

Neither am I. All my previous cars were not stock when I sold them. I understand there's no ill effects from doing the Legend caliper swap but I like making things difficult and using stuff not many others have used. Besides, the CR-V's caliper pistons are equal sized. that's a plus for me.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 03:52:40 PM »

Taking cost into account I'd go with the legends. My whole set up was undr $300 including having Paul rebuild them.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 04:28:51 PM »

I too think its retarded, as I haven't noticed anything bad, only +'s...and if its bothersome that they are on backwards, then put them on correctly and just use a vaccuum pump to bleed them upside down...

Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 05:58:04 PM »

Fucking naysayers! Consider this done when I come back from the sandbox and I'll probably get it done for less than what he paid. Equal sized pistons FTMFW!

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 06:20:35 PM »

Naysayer my ass! Equal sized pistons will do nothing for you! Go head and do it I could care less. What is there to be a naysayer about its already been done. There is 0 benefit in this upgrade over the legend GS calipers. 0, nada, zip, zilch.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 06:34:28 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Naysayer my ass!
Mike, I didn't bring your ass into this so I'd appreciate it if you refrained from doing so.
Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Equal sized pistons will do nothing for you! Go head and do it I could care less. What is there to be a naysayer about its already been done. There is 0 benefit in this upgrade over the legend GS calipers. 0, nada, zip, zilch.
O rly? Tell that to Honda when they designed the calipers for the NSX which is another bolt on upgrade but much, MUCH more expensive. Oh yeah! They say NSX on them so it makes them that much moar better.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 07:48:05 PM »

I was thinking about getting the nsx ones soon because the "NSX" makes them baller status.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 08:23:08 PM »

You ain't a baller unless something on your car says NSX.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 08:23:23 PM »

Whether the braking will be better or worse isn't really a reason why one swap is better than the other.  My guess is that the performance will either be the same, or the difference will not be noticeable.  My point will continue to be that the CR-V swap is not as practical as the Legend GS swap.  If you want to do things the hard way, go ahead.  I'm not trying to say this is a bad idea, but you should consider all the options and difficulties because this is not a "bolt on" brake swap.  It's good to know that this is an option though.  I wonder if you could make things less difficult by trying the Legend GS brackets with the CR-V calipers?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 08:28:45 PM »

I didn't think of that combo. Looks like I'm going to be experimenting with brakes when I return from overseas. Unless someone beats me to it.

As for me doing things more difficult, that's the way tuning started isn't it? Outside the box thinking until it became mainstream. Its getting more difficult to be different in this scene because a lot of things have already been done or its so fucking ridiculous that its impractical as hell and just plain stupid i.e. Blitz body kits on Cavaliers.

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 09:40:35 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Whether the braking will be better or worse isn't really a reason why one swap is better than the other.  My guess is that the performance will either be the same, or the difference will not be noticeable.  My point will continue to be that the CR-V swap is not as practical as the Legend GS swap.  If you want to do things the hard way, go ahead.  I'm not trying to say this is a bad idea, but you should consider all the options and difficulties because this is not a "bolt on" brake swap.  It's good to know that this is an option though.  I wonder if you could make things less difficult by trying the Legend GS brackets with the CR-V calipers?

attaway to use your noggin!  that might be an option  :thumbup:

Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2010, 10:40:44 PM »

I still think outside the box.

Tim
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012