Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:22:26 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Progress Sway Bar  (Read 8153 times)
SnOoZeR
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
SnOoZeR pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2010, 02:09:09 PM »

i was looking towards upgrading my tl-s rear sway bar to a progress rear sway bar.

i noticed that the progress TL sway bar is 24mm and our accord sway bar is 22mm.

i was wondering if the progress TL rear sway bar would fit onto my 7gen since the TL-S rear fits?

did anyone ever try this?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 04:03:35 PM »

You probably won't notice a huge difference.  I believe the Accord rear sway bar is like 14mm, while the TL-S rear sway bar is 20mm.  I have a Comptech rear sway bar which is 22mm.  I'm not sure if you will notice much of a difference between the 20mm and 24mm.  I'm pretty sure the TL rear sway should fit though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 03:38:46 AM »

I think the tl rear sway would fit and when I went from the 20 to 22mm I noticed a difference.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 11:41:04 PM »

Quote from: "neoryan7"
I think the tl rear sway would fit and when I went from the 20 to 22mm I noticed a difference.

you must be really in-tune with your car...2 mm is really realllllly small

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 09:06:30 AM »

it just might make a difference. here's what i'm thinking. with the tl-s sway 27 & 20mm bars (front and back) our cars tend to under steer. so a 24mm rear might just give him the perfect balance. but it depends on what you like. under steer or over steer?

daslowun

daslowun pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 12:09:05 PM »

Hey all, I have a question about the 22mm progess sway bar. Does anyone know if it will clear the oem dual exhaust on my v6? It said it fit both 4cyl and v6 models but I wanna know if I will have any hitting issues? Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated!

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 03:02:24 PM »

I'd guess and say that it will since they claim it will.  Don't trust Progress?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
daslowun

daslowun pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 03:20:02 PM »

No its not that, just seen other people saying that there sway bars touch there exhaust but thats maybe because they have aftermarket ones? Lol but I just got an email its on backorder. Smh

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 07:12:08 PM »

People have had the oem TLS RSB hit. Bend a hanger and call it a day.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
daslowun

daslowun pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 07:21:11 PM »

Hmm quick fix! lol but hey if it works ..

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 08:02:03 PM »

You're probably better off with the TL-S rear sway anyway.  I'd strongly recommend that you upgrade your front sway bar while you're at it.  By stiffening up the rear end only, you will be more prone to oversteer.  I had only the rear sway bar upgraded with a Comptech 22mn bar at one point and speak from experience.  There were a few times that the back end kicked out because of it.

Tim
daslowun

daslowun pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 08:55:44 PM »

Yeah if I get the set it wouldve been front and back but thnx bro! Good to know! Now 2nd question, if I do go with the tl-s SB would I need to replace the front also? And secondly where can I find one because I dnt think ima b getting the progress anymore... Its on backorder.

B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 09:55:10 PM »

Yeah if I get the set it wouldve been front and back but thnx bro! Good to know! Now 2nd question, if I do go with the tl-s SB would I need to replace the front also? And secondly where can I find one because I dnt think ima b getting the progress anymore... Its on backorder.

This.
I'd strongly recommend that you upgrade your front sway bar while you're at it.  By stiffening up the rear end only, you will be more prone to oversteer.  I had only the rear sway bar upgraded with a Comptech 22mn bar at one point and speak from experience.  There were a few times that the back end kicked out because of it.

When I ordered my sway bar (base TL bar) I called up the local Acura dealer. They told me $90 for just the rear. I respectfully declined and just ordered it off line. I bought mine from 1hondaparts and the grand total for the bar, brackets, bushings, and bolts was under $50. The TL-S bar was like a dollar more or something like that. If I remember correctly, the front bar is double that for just the bar.

- Bobby
daslowun

daslowun pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 10:14:07 PM »

Damn thanx bro, I just asked about the front to double check and since its oem I didnt know..

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 10:24:24 PM »

If you're going to order online, I'd recommend calling AutoFair Honda and ask for Ryan or Rich.  I'd recommend replacing both front and rear.  Again, the whole idea behind upgrading your sway bars is less body roll.  If you upgrade only the front or only the rear, you're going to disturb the balance of your car and it will affect the handling negatively.  Then it becomes a safety issue because you will have too much oversteer or understeer.  The rear sway bar is a lot easier to replace than the front, but well worth the upgrade.

By the way.  There was already another thread on the Progress rear sway bar (with the exact same title as yours).  I merged the two threads together.  It would have been better for you to post in that thread instead of creating a new one.  Please search first before posting new topics.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:30:47 PM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012