Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:32:35 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel Smell in cabin with heat/AC on  (Read 4952 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« on: February 03, 2010, 11:07:53 AM »

Well a month or two ago I had an issue where my gas tank was over filled. There was an issue with the Gas pump, and it did not shut off. I did not notice until fuel was spilling out onto the ground. I had a CEL for a week or two, and it went away and I thought all was fine. Last week I started to smell fuel when I was stopped at lights, and my car was allowed to idle. I have contacted Paul, and we have determined that the charcoal canister is probably fouled. I have ordered the canister and will have it replaced to see if this clears up the issue. I'm posting this with the assumption that at some point someone will encounter a similar issue. I will update when the new canister is installed, and see if that cures the problem.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 07:00:03 PM »

That'd be good to know as the same thing happened to me the other night. I may not notice it until much further down the road though.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 07:44:04 PM »

how does an overflow of gas cause this...wouldn't it just pour out the fill area?

Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 08:00:25 PM »

No there is a line that comes off the filler neck, and into the canister it is there to absorb excess vapor. When liquid fuel gets into the canister it fouls the active charcoal. This is a brief description but, you can get the idea.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »

That part, I didn't know about. I really hope that didn't happen to mine. How much that shit cost you Mike?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 08:09:28 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
That part, I didn't know about. I really hope that didn't happen to mine. How much that shit cost you Mike?

HE sent me the info, it was like $100

Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 08:12:13 PM »

That's not too bad. I just don't want to be surprised by some exorbitant fucking price if it did get fouled.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 08:13:31 PM »

It was $94 with tax and shipping the dealer wants $48 to install it so I'll let them to the work. Saves me the trouble.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 08:55:50 PM »

That's still not bad. Good to know.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 11:14:33 AM »

This smell went away for awhile after having the fuel pressure regulator changed but, is back after the last couple really cold days... I thought I had it licked!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »

So much for you thinking Mike. Let that be a lesson to you.  laugh

GNskates
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
GNskates pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 08:34:20 PM »

where is the fuel pressure regulator at? idk if its the one right next to the fuel rail on the left or if its somewhere else. i had a friend look up TSBs for it and he found it in near the gas tank. i need to replace it because before the car wouldnt start in the morning somtimes and long 0cranks, sometimes my gas would be trippy.. help would be appreciated.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 11:27:36 PM »

The fuel pressure regulator is on the in tank fuel pump.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012