Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:51:17 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rate your brakes! (aftermarket products discussion)  (Read 38621 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »

Quote from: "suleman_manji"
Damn tim's the only member that has the set-up i'm getting... NEED MORE REVIEWS lol (not really but it'd be nice to know how good it is from a few people)

Sorry man.  As far as I know, Brembo doesn't make their sport pads for our cars.  I'll be honest, my rotors seem to be a bit warped.  I may upgrade my brakes to EBC rotors and pads this summer when I attempt the rear drum to disc conversion.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
05AccordV6

Reputation Power: 10
05AccordV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 08:54:27 PM »

[Brake component]: Front & rear slotted rotors (w/ gold cadmium platting)
[Manufacturer]: Rotora
[Location of purchase]: RCT Performance (Queens, NY)
[Impressions]:  This has been the best upgrade anywhere on the car, it saved my car and my life from a concrete bridge embankment last summer, with factory brakes or an upgraded rotor/pad, no way I stop in time, with these I saved my car and myself serious bodily injury by a mere 18 inches.  

[Brake component]: 4 Piston Big Brake Kit, 13" Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Relocation Brackets and Assembly hardware.
[Manufacturer]: Rotora
[Location of purchase]: RCT Performance (Queens, NY)
[Impressions]: Absolute confidence in any braking situation, fast stop, gradual slowing, track days or highway cruising, have thrown essentially every possible stress and driving condition at these and they meet or exceed the challenge every time.  Suprisingly virtually NO noise on the composite street/track pads and standard 13" rotors.  No Brake fade on hot days or after multiple use.  Only downside was the intitial buy in price ($1500),  Replacement Rotors and Pads run about $500, but dependant on mileage, pads need replacing maybe once every 15-18 monthes ($175)  and rotors i just replaced for the first time after nearly 3 years ($430 for pair).  Honestly, it may be a bit pricey, but these brakes enable you to drive with confidence knowing you will have no issue stopping ever.  I would rate them a 9 out of 10, only docking points for initial cost, but in hindsight it saved me 5-10 times that amount the only time I ever need every bit it absolutley had, so I would do it again without even thinking twice.  The other great thing is these do so much work, your rear brakes barely wear down, I still havent needed new pads or rotors with 40k miles on the front BBK.

Only downside is you must run a 17" wheel with a proper offset to clear, but other than that 100% best brakes on any car i've ever been in short of a porsche 911, which had Brembos on all 4 corners.

Anonymous
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 08:51:57 PM »

[Brake component  napa premium rotors
[Manufacturer]napa auto parts
[Location of purchase] of course napa
Impressions] excellent so far have logged about 2000 miles on them very quiet and smooth braking under a variety of braking situations.

[Brake component adaptive one brake pads
[Manufacturer] napa auto parts
[Location of purchase] napa
Impressions] excellent pad after initial bed in period, first brake pad that i know of with specific pads for inside and outside positions have proven to be very quiet and dust free in the month and a half since i installed very nice bite. the ceramic formula used on these pads are different for the inner and out with the inner pad being aggressive and the outer pad being less aggressive i think i explained that right
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 06:17:53 PM »

Ill have these on and ill rate them soon hopefully :D.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Antoni0_23

Reputation Power: 2
Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 02:51:45 PM »

^ Whoa Paulius that's the first time I've seen those.

[Brake component]:Slotted/Drilled Brake Rotors
[Manufacturer]: Centric
[Location of purchase]: Rich from RotorPro
[Impressions]: I've run about 2k miles on them and they are amazing. They brake better than stock and I finally got rid of the vibration I had when braking at high speeds. I'd recommend them to anyone.

[Brake component]: Hawk Pads F&R
[Manufacturer]: Hawk Performance Pads
[Impressions]: These pads are awesome. They definitely have more bite than the stock pads although they are dusty but nothing I can't live with. I'd recommend these to anyone looking for better performance.\

[Brake component]: Stainless Steel Brake Lines
[Manufacturer]: RotorPro
[Impressions]: These are awesome. They look cool and the only thing they really do is Improve pedal feel. The pedal feels firm even during hard braking. I'd also recommend these to anyone looking for a firm pedal.

Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 11:28:19 AM »

[Brake component]:Slotted Rotors
[Manufacturer]: ATE
[Location of purchase]: TireRack
[Impressions]:[EDIT]: These have warped very quickly (10,000) under normal driving conditions, would not recommend to anyone. My steering wheels shimmys going any faster than 40 mph while braking.

[Brake component]:Hawk Pads
[Manufacturer]: Hawk
[Location of purchase]: TireRack
[Impressions]: Pro: Much better performance than stock Con: Dusty
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 01:53:49 AM by Paulius005 » Logged

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2009, 09:47:59 PM »

I decided to be a guinea pig and try the eBay slotted and drilled rotors from seller "irotors" and semi-metallic pads. So far no complaints but I still have to break them in a bit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=
Philly Steve

Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 12:17:58 AM »

So far I love my new brake setup. Drove about 500 miles so far on them and the vibrating at high speeds is non-existant. The bite on the pads is pretty damn good. Even while the pads were scraping excess paint off the rotor, my stopping power was immense.

Right after installation I was toying around driving around 50 mph and then timing how long it took me to brake to 40 mph without engaging ABS and the result was less than a second. Around a second and a half to drop 15mph. I haven't pushed them very much since break-in because I've had people in the car and they don't like getting seat belt imprints on their shoulders. lol

Overall the price of these is probably comparable to buying new OEM rotors and pads with installation, except you wont have that annoying brake shudder, ever. I have noticed a shit-ton of brake dust but the pads are still new. Once I take all the wheels off and detail them I'm sure the brake dust level will be lower than with stock pads. Right now it looks like I haven't washed my rims in about 2 months of driving with factory brakes. Lol. I think tomorrow I will clean them up.
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 08:54:34 AM »

Brake component: Front Blank Rotors
Manufacturer: Brembo
Location of purchase: Amazon
Impressions: Love 'em so far, but just put them on yesterday so cant give good feedback

Brake component: Front Green stuff
Manufacturer: EBC
Location of purchase: Ebay
Impressions: no feedback yet

Brake component: 1995 Legend Front 2 Piston Calipers
Manufacturer: NISSIN (same company that makes Spoon BBK, or it is Spoon, just for oem)
Location of purchase: got it from Sean
Impressions: this is night and day difference between OEM set up and this. I would deff recommend this upgrade to anybody or someone on a tight budget that doesn't need a BBK and has upgraded their engine in any way, OEM look.

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 09:49:11 AM »

Brake component:Slotted Rotors
Manufacturer: ATE
Location of purchase: TireRack
Impressions: these rotors work great... no shudder or vibration when braking from high speeds.

Brake component: Hawk Pads
Manufacturer: Hawk
Location of purchase: TireRack
Impressions: VERYYYYYYYY dusty.....cleaned the wheels and within the next day you could see the brown hue forming on the rims

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
Philly Steve

Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 02:40:42 AM »

Quote from: "Philly Steve"
I decided to be a guinea pig and try the eBay slotted and drilled rotors from seller "irotors" and semi-metallic pads. So far no complaints but I still have to break them in a bit.

After full break in, I must say the semi-metallic pads leave less than HALF the amount of brake dust that the stock pads did. I find myself using quick detailer on my rims now instead of hardcore cleaning sprays. Needless to say my rims are always shiny now. FTW! And still no vibrations or shudders when braking from high speeds. I can brake from 70ish to 25 in just a few seconds under moderate braking without passengers feeling like they are being thrown forward.
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 03:14:27 PM »

After full break in, I must say the semi-metallic pads leave less than HALF the amount of brake dust that the stock pads did. I find myself using quick detailer on my rims now instead of hardcore cleaning sprays. Needless to say my rims are always shiny now. FTW! And still no vibrations or shudders when braking from high speeds. I can brake from 70ish to 25 in just a few seconds under moderate braking without passengers feeling like they are being thrown forward.

first: did you just quote yourself? lol

second: if they not being thrown forward then you not braking hard enough lol

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Philly Steve

Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 04:21:00 PM »

lol, wanted to update my post so people wouldnt have to go back to read it.

trust me i can throw people forward if i want to. yesterday i was going about 25 or 30 down my girlfriend's street and pulled the ebrake, slammed my brakes, and turned my wheel a bit and ended up spinning 90 degrees clockwise. Then I backed up straight into my girlfriend's driveway. :lol: some ricer shit but i wanted to see if i could do it at that slow speed. just once probably didn't hurt anything.
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 03:44:39 PM »

LOL Steve, you done a lot worst than that. I have to admit the Shark is pretty forgiving :lol:

Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 09:26:52 AM »

Had to order Rotora slotted's and Hawk pads for my fronts. The EBC Ultimaxx's kindly decided to warp after not even a year and about 7K miles! Gay! The rears seem to be perfectly fine so we'll see how the combination does.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012