Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:15:13 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hybrid Mirror Wiring Guide  (Read 33674 times)
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2012, 11:57:32 PM »

He doesn't have an '03-'05 though.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 01:46:12 AM »

Yea, I have an '06. I sort of assumed the wiring was similar but I may be wrong. Anyone have any idea where I can get the diagrams?

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2012, 07:07:19 AM »

They may be the same.  Only one way to find out.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
HSingh13
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
HSingh13 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2014, 12:50:21 AM »

Thank you all for the wiring help on this page, I was able to successfully install my new hybrid mirrors with these tips. I am curious if anyone knows, and can help me wire my hybrid lights to be used as running lights, and the signal at the same time? I've heard using relays will make that possible, but am not sure how exactly to wire them. Any help? Thanks all in advance.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2014, 06:51:06 AM »

It is possible to have them operate in the manner that you want.  The simplest solution would have them blink off when your turn signal bulb in your headlight blinks on.  It would be a kind of wig wag effect.  Here is how I would set it up with a normally closed spdt relay:

30 - 12v to mirror LED's
85 - ground
86 - 12v from turn signal
87 - empty
87a - 12v from parking/running lights

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
HSingh13
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
HSingh13 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2014, 12:45:40 AM »

Perfect! Thank you Tim, I will give this a try. One last question, I'm new to relays, just want to make sure before I cause damage.. Does The 12v wire from turn signal/parking light have to come from my vehicles relay under the dash? Or can I connect a wire from where it enters the front bulb? Thanks again!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2014, 01:14:02 AM »

You can do that, but it will require that you run the wire through the firewall and in to the door.  You can find your turn signal wires in the wire harness running down the driver's side of the car under the door sill.  That's an easy spot to get to for soldering wires.  Another thing you can do is remove the connector from the fuse box under the dash and solder it that way too.

Tim
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2014, 04:42:08 PM »

For those who wondered how to make his project work. I draw a wiring diagram of relays for him. Tell me if you have questions, comments, see errors or have a better way to do it .

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 05:51:55 PM »

I see two issues.  The first issue is that you do not need a separate set of relays for the hazard lights.  When you use your hazard lights, it will blink both the left and right turn signals already.  The second issue that I see is with the turn signal inputs.  I'm not sure how you are differentiating between the blinker switch and turn signal, but in your wiring diagram your turn signals (in the mirrors and headlights) would not work because they would be constantly on. 

It doesn't need to be that complicated as you've made it out to be.  The redundancy is unnecessary.  You only need 2 relays for this.  One for the left and one for the right.  There only needs to be a signal wire from the turn signals to energize the coil in the relay, power coming from the parking lights (when they're on) and power going to the mirror LED's.  It's really that simple.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2014, 06:52:18 PM »

please note that those are normally closed relays. the blinker switch is the switch of the plastic arm arm. the same thing for the hazards button. all this is for the led's in the mirrors to light up in night mode, and still blink if the turn signals or the hazards are activated. like this :

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2014, 07:20:48 PM »

You're not using any diodes to eliminate backfeeding power to the turn signals in the headlights?  In the set up I suggested, it also uses normally closed spdt relays.  I think you've over complicated what is really a simple set up.  It would have been a lot easier to pull 12v from the turn signal wires (red/blue - left : brown - right) either at the fuse box or in the cabin harness going down the DS of the car.  The additional wires from the switches (that I believe you are running) and the relays for the hazard light are unnecessary.  If I have time to put a battery in my car and rig something up tomorrow, I'll show you that you can achieve the same results with a less complicated set up.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2014, 08:05:17 PM »

I understand what you're saying but i tought by doing so, it would be always on since it would be blinking. when the coil isn't activated (the off part of the blinking cycle) current would comes from the parking lights and get through the relay so still lighting up the led's. the way i made it, the relay's coils are getting constant current. I may be wrong though. Would like to see exactly the way you did it

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2014, 08:25:01 PM »

Do your mirror LED turn signals work when your parking lights are off?

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2014, 08:35:20 PM »

I don't have any on mine, just made up the wiring diagram, but on the diagram yeah they would.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2014, 09:28:48 PM »

I'm just baffled how the 12v wire from the turn signal doesn't backfeed and keep the turn signal bulbs on all the time when the parking lights are on without a diode.  One thing that I hadn't taken into consideration originally was the turn signal mirror LED's when the parking lights were not on.  Taking that into consideration, it would require 2 relays per side.  Here's how I would wire it up.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012