Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:03:48 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hybrid Mirror Wiring Guide  (Read 33642 times)
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2014, 09:45:28 PM »

With parking lights of, it's all good, but with them on, that would make the LED's go OFF when the turn signal be ON. Alternating with the normal turn signal. I don't know if you understand me.

Parking OFF
Turn signal OFF  --> LED OFF
Turn signal ON  --> LED ON

Parking ON
Turn signal OFF  --> LED ON
Turn signal ON  --> LED OFF

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2014, 09:49:55 PM »

With parking lights of, it's all good, but with them on, that would make the LED's go OFF when the turn signal be ON. Alternating with the normal turn signal. I don't know if you understand me.

Yeah.  That's how I expected them to function.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »

well that would look odd to me, but if it is the way you want them to be, it would work. My way makes it blink at the same time, which makes it look more like oem, but that's tastes.

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2014, 09:59:27 AM »

My way would make the LED's light up when unlocking/locking the car too since the power comes from the parking lights. I still don't get your thing with the diodes and backfeeding power into the headlights though.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2014, 12:35:41 PM »

Okay, I was thinking about your wiring diagram and relay set up all wrong.  I kept thinking that the signal wire for the relay were after the MICU and getting an intermittent signal instead of the constant signal that would be coming from the switch before the MICU.  Now I understand your set up.  I think the only thing I would change is to use 1 relay for the hazard light switch and put it before the turn signal relays.  I'd only do that to simplify the set up.

Follow me on the backfeeding though.  If you follow the current path on your wiring diagram, there's 12v going to the mirror LED's when the parking lights are on.  Correct?  You also have the brown wire labeled left/right turn signal branching off from that signal path between the relay and mirror.  Does that wire go to the turn signal bulbs in the headlights?

If it does, then under normal circumstances, when you have the parking lights on there would be 12v going to the turn signal bulbs.  That's what I mean by backfeeding.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2014, 02:16:46 PM »

Yeah you are right about the way I did it, the relays are for an exception when not to use parking light current . And yeah I haven't thought about putting the hazard relay before the other two. I just thought about after that only one wouldn't work or needing a double contact relay, I'll change that ! And for the diodes I'll need 3 if I get it right . One before all relays on the parking light wire and one on each turn signal wire ( left and right ). It is an art beeing able to simplify at its best a relay diagram Wink  Cheesy
If I am right and you don't see anything else I'll modify it and post it again. What software are you using ? Anything is better than ms paint !

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2014, 08:25:43 PM »

I will draw up a diagram. You would only need 2 diodes. One for each turn signal.

You'd be surprised what I'm using to make those drawings.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2014, 11:17:36 AM »

Visio?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2014, 12:40:27 PM »

Crayons, paper towels and a flatbed scanner.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2014, 12:50:35 PM »

Could be visio. Looks a bit like it with the grid in the background. Thought it was software purposed for electrical drawings.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2014, 03:35:51 PM »

Nope. You guys are far off.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2014, 04:55:07 PM »

Got it now. Colored pencils, low grade copy paper and a cell phone camera.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2014, 08:39:36 PM »

Excel
olecram39

Reputation Power: 3
olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2014, 01:15:28 PM »

FYI this works exactly the same for the tsx mirrors so maybe change the title to hybrid and tsx mirrors? . I just did mine, thank you Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2014, 10:43:49 AM »

I am in the process of making a custom PCB for a underskirt VIP puddle lights and turn signals and for the hybrid/tsx mirrors. Would anyone be interested into one of these ( a version only for the mirrors ) ?

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012