Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:04:01 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hybrid Mirror Wiring Guide  (Read 33707 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« on: February 14, 2009, 10:29:45 PM »

Drivers Side
LED Wires
purple = ground to metal on door
pink = 12 volts to red/blue - found at top of fuse box (large white plug)
Mirror Wires
yellow/black (mirror) to green/white (door harness)
yellow/red (mirror) to blue/black (door harness)
yellow/white (mirror) to blue/white (door harness)

Passengers Side
LED Wires
purple = ground to metal on door
pink = 12 volts to brown - found at top of fuse box (large white plug)
Mirror Wires
blue/black (mirror) to green/white (door harness)
blue/green (mirror) to red/yellow (door harness)
yellow/white (mirror) to white/red (door harness)

Pics will be up later when it's warm out.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 04:49:03 PM »

I hope this helps Milan when he helps me install my TSX mirrors...
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 12:17:25 AM »

I don't think it will help out with anything more than the install of the ground wires for the turn signals.  Fortunately, I can check the wiring of my TSX mirrors for you.  I will have that info here when I have a chance to look at 'em.  I should have that for you by Saturday.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 12:00:25 PM »

Thanks Tim.
kaabob
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
kaabob pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 09:34:02 PM »

The 06' Hybrid mirrors are heated. Are there wires that come separately for the heating element?
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 11:01:39 PM »

Quote from: "kaabob"
The 06' Hybrid mirrors are heated. Are there wires that come separately for the heating element?

yes.. 2 more black and grey wires.. i have the 06-07 tsx with the heating element but i never got around to wire it up for the heater to work and living in FL i dont really need it..i remember tim had said that it can maybe be hooked up to the rear window defroster switch or just add a aftermarket switch..

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 08:09:13 AM »

I've never worked with the heated mirrors, and I don't have the wiring diagram for them, but it should be really easy to hook up the heating element.

Tim
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 03:04:37 PM »

Quote from: "kaabob"

if you really want, you can buy the hybrid accord mirror switch (it looks the same as ours, but to the left of the knob for adjusting mirrors there is a small button for the heat option)...when I looked into it a while back it was like $50 for that button, so I would just do what everyone else suggested above and wire it into something like your defroster...or maybe even a standard switch on the dash where the fog switch is

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 03:55:24 PM »

I'm not sure if the hybrid mirror heated switch is a constant on/off, or just a timed latched switch (stays on for 10 minutes and then shuts off).  That might be the only problem you will encounter.  That's why I suggest using the rear defrost as a trigger.  At least we know that is a latched switch.

Tim
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »

My Accord has the mirror heater switches right next to the power mirror knob...is this not what you guys are talking about?  so I want hybrid mirrors, are they heated as a standard option for the hybrids?  if so, then the hybrid mirrors should be plug and play for my car right?

Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 09:24:52 PM »

I'm not sure about them being plug and play.  Only one way to find out.  If they aren't plug and play, at least you know that you can just wire them up yourself with a little help from people on here.

Tim
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 09:44:32 PM »

Quote from: "sherker55"
My Accord has the mirror heater switches right next to the power mirror knob

really? picture?

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 10:10:43 PM »

I'll try to take some pics tomorrow if you don't believe me!

JK...yeah, I have the 07 Sedan V6, 6 MT...carbon fiber interior, leather heated seats, everything black on inside...everything but Navi, foglights, and trunk spoiler...

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 06:43:48 PM »

Quote from: "mnkyman"
Quote from: "sherker55"

really? picture?

ok, I have the pic on my memory card. how do I put it on here?  does it have to come from a URL?

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 08:15:52 PM »

Quote from: mnkyman
Quote from: sherker55

really? picture?

here you go non-believers!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:43:29 PM by sherker55 » Logged