Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:42:54 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guns: Long Arms, Side Arms, Shotguns, Etc...(not "gat's")  (Read 63399 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »

9mm are for bitches. Just sayin'.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2012, 10:49:06 PM »

lol..  it's not set in stone.

I just know that I wouldn't want the Kimber 1911 to be the everyday carry. 

First things first, I still need to get my HSC.

- Mark
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2012, 01:18:10 AM »

none of that... my carry is cz75 compact 9mm.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2012, 08:08:50 AM »

The gf and I just bought a house and we wanted to purchase a pistol for home protection.  We definitely want to take a class or something so that we can learn how to safely handle it.  Would you suggest purchasing a weapon first and then taking a class or would it be better to take the class first and pick one out after?  She has never fired a gun and I only fired a rifle 10+ years ago once while camping. 

Any suggestions on a cheap noobie pistol?  I don't care it's "for bitches"  or not.  I just want something that is cheap, simple to use, and will work correctly if I ever need it.  I know if I go into a store and ask they will probably try to sell me something expensive that I don't need. 
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2012, 10:02:05 AM »

none of that... my carry is cz75 compact 9mm.
I knew I'd get somebody on that. lol

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2012, 11:13:05 AM »

ike, my advice would be to go to a range that will let you rent a variety of handguns to try and find one that you like and feel comfortable with. then take the class. as far as safety goes, dont put your finger on the trigger unless you plan on shooting and dont point the gun at someone unless you want to put a hole in them.

z, you can suck it!

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2012, 12:09:15 PM »

Cheesy

Honestly ike, what Dave said is the best thing you can do. Go to a range, shoot some different guns and whatever feels comfortable is the one you go with. Keep in mind, what ever you can feel comfortable with as well as keep on target is what you want.

alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2012, 11:57:21 PM »

So I just passed the Handgun Safety Certificate test with a score of 100%.

I also just purchased a Kimber 1911 Custom II.  These next 10 days are going to feel long!

Anyway, I plan to get a night sight for it.  I also plan to upgrade the MSH.

Anyone have any recommendations on what I should look for?

- Mark
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2012, 01:13:36 AM »

i own a glock 27 but i would like to try something like a hunting rifle with bolt action any one had experience with one maybe recommendation

B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2012, 10:03:22 AM »

You might want to look into a Mosin Nagant. It isn't exactly a hunting rifle but it is a cheap bolt action rifle. They are surplus from eastern Europe (and there are alot of them) and it shoots a 7.62x54r. I picked one up at a gun show in January for $130. You can find them even cheaper online. Ammo is a little hard to find. You can buy a crate of surplus ammo (880 rounds) for about $140. I bought my crate of ammo from Aimsurplus.com but I didn't have to ship it because they are located 30 minutes from my house.

- Bobby
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2012, 10:44:08 PM »

ike, my advice would be to go to a range that will let you rent a variety of handguns to try and find one that you like and feel comfortable with. then take the class. as far as safety goes, dont put your finger on the trigger unless you plan on shooting and dont point the gun at someone unless you want to put a hole in them.

I don't know anything about firearms, but this is the advice I would take if I was interested in getting one.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2012, 08:13:44 AM »

You might want to look into a Mosin Nagant. It isn't exactly a hunting rifle but it is a cheap bolt action rifle. They are surplus from eastern Europe (and there are alot of them) and it shoots a 7.62x54r. I picked one up at a gun show in January for $130. You can find them even cheaper online. Ammo is a little hard to find. You can buy a crate of surplus ammo (880 rounds) for about $140. I bought my crate of ammo from Aimsurplus.com but I didn't have to ship it because they are located 30 minutes from my house.

Aimsurplus.com also sells the Mosin's for like $80...but they have to ship to a FFL dealer though, that fee is usually like $10-15

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2012, 03:45:23 AM »

Well, it's been 10 days Wink

Went to the range earlier with a couple buddies, shot some rounds through the Kimber, and then went back to my buddy's house and spent some time cleaning..

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2012, 09:25:41 AM »

Alright heres a quick question. What is required for the purchase of a gun?  I was in a store yesterday, and I'm looking for a new hobby I was think of a bow, but, was surprised that a gun is actually in the same price range. Is shooting at the range a good time? I'm just looking for a little stress relief, and something to spend some time doing that isn't work related.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2012, 10:38:37 AM »

It is quite the stress reliever. Trust me.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012