Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 07:48:53 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guns: Long Arms, Side Arms, Shotguns, Etc...(not "gat's")  (Read 60652 times)
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 11:02:23 PM »

the barrett is an awesome gun, Mike, I would recommend something like a full size glock, they are a really reliable somewhat cheap gun and very user friendly, if you are going to shoot often, I would recommend a S&W M&P, they are relatively inexpensive these days, I just sold my .45, it was by far one of my favorites that I have owned. Also, I have really enjoyed playing with the sig p220 a lot of the guys I work with carry them and have a tac light on them and they are so well balanced with that light, and it is a cheap kit too, they paid like 200 bucks for their duty holster and tac light together. I like the springfield XD as well. Bill, Kimbers a re great, and like and like z said, the recoil will be hell.

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2011, 02:57:11 PM »

Figured I would give this thread a bump. Here lately a couple of friends and I have been going out to my roommates Pine Tree Farm and shooting. Kinda helps to blow off steam and relieve stress. My roommate has a M4 Carbine and I have shot it a couple of times but here lately I have been shooting it a lot. It really is an amazing gun. I'm thinking about getting one for my birthday. What do you guys think? I don't really know any specifics. I would probably just get a basic AR-15 and go from there. I would probably convert it to shoot a 9mm round because the .223 is so damn expensive it kinda takes the fun out of it.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2011, 03:04:32 PM »

How the hell does your roommate have an M4 as its a govt./ LE assault rifle only?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2011, 03:08:09 PM »

I don't ask questions. He has referred to it as both an AR and an M4. I think I have a picture of it. I'll look and you can tell me what it is.

I just googled M4 and if you click the shopping link there are 14 stores that sell it. We are going shooting in a few minutes so I'll get a better picture then.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 03:18:23 PM by wtcii » Logged

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CNY240

Reputation Power: 1
CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2011, 03:18:55 PM »

they arent illegal you can get pre ban anything..... not hard to find. 1000-1500 and up but easily boughten for  M4 Carbine
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2011, 05:50:05 AM »

True. Its that little selector switch that gives it away though. There's also permits and shit to make it completely legit.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2011, 02:14:27 PM »

Are there any differences between an AR15 and an M4 other than the fact that an AR15 is single shot only? I'm a noob when it comes to these different model assault rifles that all look the same haha.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2011, 03:05:28 PM »

That's basically it. The AR is the civilian version of the M4.

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2011, 10:58:08 AM »

So guys, I've been thinking about keeping the AR15 for good (we haven't been trying to sell it, but were going to) and turning it into a HD weapon. I did a little reading online, and people have been replacing the upper receiver with a .50 Beowulf upper. This is supposed to help with overpenetration with the AR15. I would also probably get a flashlight mount or a laser sight.

Keep in mind that I have 0 experience with weapons. One of these days I plan on taking classes and learning.

What do you guys think about the AR15 and getting a start on learning how to shoot? Actually, I stand corrected. I have shot an AR15 before, but I was like 13.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2011, 06:21:12 PM »

I personally love that rifle, especially considering I use them for work. Accurate as hell, easy to shoot, and configurations are endless. As for HD, you should take a look at the ballistics for the .223 and the 5.56 rounds (they're similar but you'll have a much more luck finding .223). Close range, they suck and won't do very much damage. Keep that in mind. Personally, a good HD would be 18 GA shot. Won't penetrate walls and such so easily and puts a good amount of hurt into what you shoot.

wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2011, 07:56:18 PM »

I love it. It is easily the funnest gun I have ever shot. My only problem is that the .223 round gets a little expensive. Especially with a 30 round magazine.

Bill C.
SECM member
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2011, 08:04:02 PM »

I was reading a little about what caliber round to use for HD, and the .50 Beowulf and the .458 Socom seemed to be the most popular. However, the .50 Beowulf is hard to find and expensive, and I don't think you can use the regular magazine... you only get a 7 round mag that comes with the receiver. It would be damn intimidating though to have a half inch wide barrel pointed at you, haha.

I'm also not sure what the barrel length is on the gun, if that matters. I think it may be a 20" barrel. I figure that shorter is better for close range situations. The AR15 is made by Bushmaster, if that matters.

NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2011, 05:57:50 AM »

LOL, I've seen the Beuwolf shot and damn it is loud, but isn't it a much lower velocity round than the std 223. I also have a AR that is setup like a M4 with a red dot 0 mag scope, back in my military days with my M16A1, it was a bad day for anything 300yards and less for me, LOL, especially with the 203 that was strapped on to mine. As far as ammo costs, reloading is your friend if you do alot of shooting, I currently reload my own 9mm and 223. 9mm costs me about $.09 a round for 115 grain FMJ and as for .223 , about $.14 a round for 55grain FMJ. Reloaded ammo is good for target work, but I use something like Win Home Defense in my Kahr CW9 and Sig P226 for carry purposes.

What do you guys think of the Baretta CX4 storm for a fun toy?

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2011, 06:22:13 PM »

I've read some good things about it. I've never fired it though. Looks like a good backup to that Sig you have.

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2011, 12:11:52 PM »

Forgot I started this thread!  Went shooting this week, great fun...my buddy has the Baretta M9...it's ok, but I like my Ruger p95 better (the p89 was actually the first choice instead of the Baretta M9 for military use, but due to political pressure, Baretta won).  While we were there, they had just got an order of S&W M&P .40's....holy shit!  I love that gun...my buddy bought it on the spot.  it was a great deal that he couldn't pass up either..$465!  went to another shop and they were $700.  Came with box, 3 clips, and 3 grips.

Z you should get S&W M&P .40...but the XD line from springfield is a great choice too, esp for CC...not to mention hand guns of the year on a couple models in their class..I think 9mm and .40

I also got to shoot one of the Owners Kimber 1911 .45 acp...and this goes out for Bill...you cannot beat the quality of a Kimber...(Les Baer is also great 1911)  But to put into language that you Bill would understand....Kimber is your Lexus of 1911's...

Mike, you live in Mass, so start at your Police Dept...you live in one of the most difficult (along with NJ, NY, & CA) states to get handguns.  But when you get all the proper forms,  if you are looking just to get something to throw in a safe incase TSHTF...get a Ruger p95.  It cost me <$400 out the door.  It's reliable, light weight, and fun to shoot.  I didn't like it a first, but the more I shoot it, the more I like it.  I would also recommend you and your woman going to a range and getting lessons...SEPERATELY!!!...YOU will NOT be able to teach/help her like one of the range pros...trust me.  If you have any experience, and haven't shot in a while, a brush up with one of the guys wouldn't be a bad idea.  its mandatory that you include her though, for he own safety, especially if she needs to use it when you aren't there...

And last, but most certainly not least, Jeff!!!...glad to hear you aren't getting rid of it...especially after what Z and I already said last year on this...the only other gun that can be modded more than an ar15 is a ruger 1022...and the most popular mod for those?Huh? to make it look like a ar15!  did you get a safe?  I just picked up a double decker, 4 finger push button, key backed up safe for $100...couldn't pass that up, even at retail, thats a great deal!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:13:53 PM by sherker55 » Logged

Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012