Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:45:14 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: Install Headers  (Read 36175 times)
frostnyc
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
frostnyc pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2010, 08:22:12 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
From what you've described, I'm guessing it's the flex pipe.  You should go to an exhaust shop and have them find the leak and fix it.

Someone get that man a cigar....

Went to the shop today.. and it was indeed the flex. He made it a point to tell me I got the o2 sensor in there "real good.." lol..
Car sounds much better. Thank you guys!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2010, 10:45:58 PM »

Now, where's my money?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
konatriathlon
Fucking Newb

konatriathlon pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2010, 07:01:17 AM »

Go Comptech Headers or go home.   :twisted:   Them are bad mamma jammas.

HARPER BELLE HANES
Born: 04/04/2008
5 lbs 2 oz
17 1/2 in

JASPER PARKE HANES
Born:  03/09/2010
6 lbs 15 oz
19 3/4 in
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2010, 08:41:29 AM »

I've done some reading on k20a and those guys aren't fans of Comptech headers either. I can't remember why though. Might be because they're an off the shelf header like DC but don't quote me on that.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2010, 12:51:44 PM »

You've also got to remember that a lot of those guys are building race cars.  Their motors are built from the ground up using mostly, if not all, aftermarket internal.  An off the shelf header is not suited for fully built race motors.  The Comptech header is good for a car with bolt ons and is an upgrade compared to the DC header.  I doubt there are may people here that are worried about proper header or exhaust tuning, let alone even know what that is.  In all honesty, there are only 3 or 4 guys on here that post regularly that have somewhat built motors.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2010, 01:03:37 PM »

A lot of them do build race cars, true. A lot of them also DD these setups and usually run Hytech headers which are big money. Yeah, the Comptech headers are a step up from DC but also a bit out of the price range of a lot of people here. Also, a lot of the DD big power setups those guys run are actually on OEM internals as opposed to aftermarket. Granted, the internals aren't stock to the motors they run but that's discussion for another thread.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2010, 01:59:48 PM »

Well, here's the thing.  The Comptech headers aren't a much more expensive than the DC when you compare the price difference between the Hytech, SSR, J's Racing, or Toda headers.  The only ones that are reasonable, are the K-Tuned budget headers, but those are swap headers, and may not fit our chassis.  Someone would have to buy one and see if it fits our chassis first before I would blow the loot on one.  I'd rather take the safe road and make sure it will fit our chassis with something developed for the CL7 or CL9 instead.  Too bad those headers are like $1200 to $1500.

Tim
pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2010, 05:32:25 PM »

can someone tell me if the bolts on the head of the engine holding the exhaust manifold on snap easily? how can i prevent them from stripping or snapping
frostnyc
Fucking Newb

frostnyc pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2010, 04:23:39 PM »

can someone tell me if the bolts on the head of the engine holding the exhaust manifold on snap easily? how can i prevent them from stripping or snapping

Mine broke without too much muscle, no pb blaster, but I realized after the project that two nuts were basically locked on their bolds, so they came off like the rest of the bolts. If you're pulling with all your might, you'll probably strip something, so just use your best  judgment.
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2011, 12:56:15 AM »

damn after reading all this im kinda reluctant to buy the headers...
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2012, 11:01:26 AM »

just curious, my boy has a dc header from his 05 tsx motor...wud it fit on my 07 k24a8?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »

Yes and it will also stick your exhaust out further. The tsx header is longer than the accord header.

Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2012, 06:15:26 PM »

Cool thanks bud, I'm getting a custom catback so I'll lose the extra length there
Slade
Fucking Newb

Deathstroke

Slade pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2015, 06:57:39 PM »

I understand this thread is old, but  believe it or not after reading it I kind of got more confused. I just want to clarify some things if you guys don't mind. The car is an 04 K24 accord sedan, and I'm hoping to install TSX aftermarket heads. So what I'm not too sure about is the following:
The headers will bolt up fine, but they are too long so you'll need a shop to cut and weld? But where exactly will they need to cut and weld.
You will need an 02 sensor extension?
Comptech is the best brand to buy?
Can you reuse any gaskets or will I need to buy new ones.
If everything else regarding the exhaust is stock can I do this mod, or will I need other exhaust parts as well. Only mods I have are the TSX IM, K&N intake and Intake resonator delete. 

Thanks guys, looking forward too and I appreciate all the potential answers.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012