Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:12:52 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Could this be bad gas?  (Read 9652 times)
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 07:53:01 PM »

Quote from: "NVA-AV6"
Rich when you get the plugs and coils out take pics and post them please.......

Here are some quick pics I took today on my lunch break of the plugs. Sorry for the phone pics. Interestingly enough, they are Bosch Platinum and not Iridium as I've thought. I currently have over 53K on these Platinum plugs because I was going by Honda's recommendation that you only need replacements at 105K. Think I'll replace these over the weekend.

Also added the NOS octane boost and have driven about 30miles with it so far.

Rich
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 07:58:52 PM »

Quote from: "Rich01"
Rich when you get the plugs and coils out take pics and post them please.......

Here are some quick pics I took today on my lunch break of the plugs. Sorry for the phone pics. Interestingly enough, they are Bosch Platinum and not Iridium as I've thought. I currently have over 53K on these Platinum plugs because I was going by Honda's recommendation that you only need replacements at 105K. Think I'll replace these over the weekend.

Quote from: "timot_one"
Yeah, I researched the details after the fact.  It's a shame though.  I don't really need a 2nd set of coil packs, so I was just hoping I could help Rich save some money.
Thanks for the look out Tim. I also researched the Top Tier gas stations, closest is a Shell about 30+ miles away so I'll see

Rich
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 08:26:23 PM »

Get those Bosch pieces of shit out of your engine now!!! Go to Advance autoparts and get a set of NGK Iridiums for $10 a plug..................................

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 09:36:44 PM »

Get those Bosch pieces of shit out of your engine now!!! Go to Advance autoparts and get a set of NGK Iridiums for $10 a plug..................................
:lol:  Plan on during that first thing in the morning before I head out to Z (CrackerTeg). As soon as I took them out and saw them, I said WTF. Cant be beat up on Bosch too much though, they are one of our customers at work.

Rich
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 10:12:06 PM »

Ther stuff just does not work in our cars, thier O2 sensors are very slow responding and can really screw up 6th gens and 7th gen I4s and I have never seen a good idle with thier plugs, sorry but thier shit don't work with Honda.....

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 11:11:30 PM »

Their wipers are pretty good and I like their relays.  But I agree with you about the NGK's for plugs.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 08:04:33 AM »

Rich, you can swap them here if you want dude. If you don't get the plugs before heading my way, there's an autozone nearby.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 11:19:03 AM »

Their wipers are pretty good and I like their relays.  But I agree with you about the NGK's for plugs.

Now Tim, you know me by now, all I care about is under the hood as long as there are windshield wipers that work i'm happy, but let me see a crappy set of plugs and i'll go balistic...... :evil:

slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 12:04:36 PM »

Just make sure you didn't put in NOS energy drink!! LOL
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 12:31:21 PM »

Now Tim, you know me by now, all I care about is under the hood as long as there are windshield wipers that work i'm happy, but let me see a crappy set of plugs and i'll go balistic...... :wink:

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 09:49:34 PM »

You guys should've seen the plugs he pulled today. They looked burnt like if he had been pinging. I honestly can't believe how bad those plugs looked.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 09:52:59 PM »

they didn't look that bad from the pics he took, but they were with his cell...I have seen some nasty black crusty plugs before though...

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 10:09:15 PM »

Did the new plugs fix it? I saw the grey ash deposits in the pic which told me the were not burning all the fuel.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 11:18:31 AM »

Initially, they seemed to take care of it but he'd be the one to say for sure since I don't know what it was like prior to the house painting. He also mentioned he had a little oil around two of the plugs which obviously says the valve cover seals is gone so that may also be the cause of his misfire.

Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 03:11:24 PM »

Quote from: "slipkord"

Just make sure you didn't put in NOS energy drink!! LOL
Whoops, that wasnt what I was suppose to use? :lol:  J/K

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
You guys should've seen the plugs he pulled today. They looked burnt like if he had been pinging. I honestly can't believe how bad those plugs looked.

Quote from: "sherker55"
they didn't look that bad from the pics he took, but they were with his cell...I have seen some nasty black crusty plugs before though...

Before Nos Octane Boost (Old Plugs)

After Octane Boost (Old Plugs)

I'm thinking it's the Octane Boost why the same plugs looked brown after 100 miles.

Did the new plugs fix it? I saw the grey ash deposits in the pic which told me the were not burning all the fuel.

After replacing all 6 plugs with NGK Laser Iridium plugs, the car is running great again. Thanks to everyone for there input and help with this issue. We now have something else to add to the checklist when you buy a used car because you never know what the previous owners did until you check for yourself.

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Initially, they seemed to take care of it but he'd be the one to say for sure since I don't know what it was like prior to the house painting. He also mentioned he had a little oil around two of the plugs which obviously says the valve cover seals is gone so that may also be the cause of his misfire.

Yes, I do have to replace the valve cover seals ASAP because 2 of the plugs in the rear had a little oil around the base. It hasn't gotten to the point where the entire plug is covered in oil, which I know is a pain to get out because the plug tool slips off the plug. I've never don this on a J series before, so I'll let you guys know.

Rich
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012