Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:39:19 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheel Offset and Tire Size Calculator  (Read 36946 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2011, 10:25:30 PM »

Billy, you'll be mexiflush with that kind of offset.  Nelson, you're drunk again aren't you?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2011, 12:20:03 AM »

billy those will need some work to pull them off but it has been done plenty of times.. those xxr wheels your talking about actually have a +22 offset not 20. also you should look into doing a square setup like 9.75 all around. i pulled the trigger on a set of these wheels so ill let you know how they work out for me.. i know not many here like the look but fucvk it.. also my fenders are getting some work at the body shop to be able to run that setup with less camber

CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2011, 10:47:43 PM »

Okay Mexiflush sounds good to me Tim but I definetly dont want em' poking out to much... Lolz

*Edit: I just typed in Mexiflush in a google search and I'm not to fond of the idea, I guess I will see what Alex will do and see how his ride looks since we basically have the same car and color. Cuz the few 7th genz that popped up were not looking to good to me!

Thanks, Alex... I've been wanted to change the look alittle of my ride, kind of getting bored of it, lol. Do you think 8.5 all around would be better so I wo'nt have to roll fenders. I probably will have to alittle I bet even though. What tire size would you prefer.....?

Alex how the heck did you know It was for the XXR wheels... damn you reading my mind  Flippa!

Saw this setup as well... what tire size would you prefer.....?

Specifications  
Wheel Diameter 18"
Wheel Width 9.5"
Bolt Pattern 5-100/5-114.3
Offset +38mm
Backspacing 6.75"
Centerbore 73.1mm
Approx. Weight 24.7 lbs

« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:20:19 PM by CrazyCreashunz » Logged

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2011, 12:34:24 PM »

The problem is that your wheels are going to stick out pretty far if they're that wide with such a low offset.  I have 18"x7.5" +42 wheels right now with a 15mm spacer, which makes it a 27mm offset.  Those fucking things stick out like crazy in the front.  Is there a reason why you want such wide wheels Billy?

Here's a pic of my wheels with the spacers on the front.  My fenders are rolled and pulled, the wheels have about -.5º to -1º of camber in these pics and they still stick out past the fenders.  Now, imagine a wheel that's 2" wider, which will stick out another inch plus the 7mm.  They're going to be fucking mexi flush, and that's no bueno if you're Puerto Rican.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2011, 04:45:56 PM »

FYI, Tim is also running a 245 on a 7.5" rim, which isn't a square setup and is why you see some tire bulge around his wheel..  You can get away with wider wheels if you are willing to run negative camber, tire stretch, and pull your fenders.

The specs you posted, 18x9.5 +38, will stick out another 16mm than Tim's setup.  On a 9.5" wheel, I would go with a 255.  You can squarely fit a 265 on a 9.5" rim, but if you're planning to run that aggressive of a wheel, I would looking into a 235 to 255 width tire.

How low are you planning to go?

- Mark
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2011, 11:10:05 AM »

I think I want it a littleless than what you have Tim, plus I like how mine sits right now it's just the rims I want offer the odd offsets for an aggressive look. I'm running a 225/40 tire right now with plans to go 225/45 for a tad bit more meat since the NYC streets don't seem to be getting  any better. I don't mind running a 18 X7.5 rim since thats what im on now. I was just curious of the fitment on the other specs mentioned.

Tim why are you running the 15mm spacers... if you didn't wouldn't your wheels fit more flush and not stick out as much? I thought that if I did the 8.5 wide rimeit would fit closely to what it looks like on your ride now.

I'm trying to get the specs of my boys ride which has the setup  I want but the bastard hasn't replied to me yet lolz...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 11:19:30 AM by CrazyCreashunz » Logged

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2011, 11:43:50 AM »

I believe Tim needs the spacers for his huge ass RL calipers. Lol

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2011, 12:13:33 PM »

I believe Tim needs the spacers for his huge ass RL calipers. Lol

lamp

That makes sense exclaim

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2011, 06:58:56 PM »

So still havent gotten the specs from my boy but here is how the wheels look on his ride. I'm not going for that look in the rear cuz im not as slammed as him but this way we have a better visual of the look I want.

Here's another ride with the same setup:

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2011, 10:49:23 AM »

What handling advantage does the Hella Fail look offer?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2011, 10:56:59 AM »

None.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2011, 12:00:23 PM »

Actually, having that much camber makes your car handle worse.  I remember when I installed my front camber kit, and set the front camber all the way in with as much negative camber just to drive it to the shop for an alignment.  When I drove it to the shop, it was horrible to drive.  My car was so twitchy that it was dangerous to drive.  On top of that, you'll destroy your tires in a few thousand miles.  IMHO, it's a "look" that will cost you money and put you and everyone else on the road in danger.  Maybe if you have a trailer queen, it's okay.

Tim
karrom1991
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
karrom1991 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2012, 03:54:59 AM »

Great thread guys

right now i'm running 18x8" with 32mm offset and 225/45 18 tires    with no issues
i'm considering 18x9" with 50mm offset and 245/40 tires
would that be okay?

BTW I have a 2007 sedan with rolled fenders
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012