Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:29:28 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: Acura Legend GS Sedan Dual Piston Caliper Swap  (Read 81103 times)
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2011, 09:04:31 AM »

You guys in the states always get the best shit Sad
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2011, 01:02:26 PM »

Did this upgrade a few days ago with a ton of help from Steve.  A few of the bolt sizes and stuff might be incorrect in this how-to, so along the way we made note of the differences, and I will try to post the revisions to the how-to soon.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2011, 01:49:08 PM »

Might be different between the 4 and 6 cyl cars as well. How does the new set up feel?
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: November 08, 2011, 01:22:10 PM »

Might be different between the 4 and 6 cyl cars as well. How does the new set up feel?

Yes, I was thinking this after the fact.  I know I combined info from both how-to's before I printed it all out, so it's a definite possibility that the i4 and V6 are different.  However, there were still some odd variations that I'll try to update about at some point.  As far as how they feel thus far, they are all bedded in, but I haven't done enough driving yet to really feel much of a difference from my old setup.  Give it a few hundred more miles and I'll post again.

Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2011, 08:38:02 PM »

Anyone got part numbers for Brembo rotors or pads for this upgrade (i4)?

I keep trying to find stuff but I cannot cross reference these numbers and its totally messing with me

Rotor number found:
25464 (http://brembo.mycarparts.net/products/Brembo-09689310?product_application_id=282457218)
http://www.autopartsway.ca/partlist.cfm?Acura/1995/Legend/GS/3.2L_V6/Brembo/Brake/Drums_and_Rotors/Disc_Brake_Rotor/

Pad number found:
07.8300.00 (http://www.buybrakes.com/store/07-8300-00) Can't find this same pad number on Brembo site
07.B314.44 (http://www.brembo.com/en/car/Racing/Street-products/Documents/2011%20-%20SPORT%20PADS%20APPLICATION%20LIST.pdf) According to this the pad fits a whole bunch of other applications

I am trying to nail down the part numbers so I can then shop around
Thanks

A S I M O
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2012, 02:18:53 AM »

Asim, did you end up getting any assistance with this?  Maybe Tim can help.

Thanks to a lot of help from Steve, we made note of some extra things to consider when doing this upgrade that I feel should be added into this how-to.
-Pay attention to which sized sockets you need for certain bolts, because there might be size differences between the i4s and V6s.
-If your rotors are stuck as hell on the hubs like mine were, use two 8mm bolts and alternately screw them into the threaded holes in the hats of the rotors a little at a time until the rotors pop off the hubs.
-Certain brake setups like mine (EBC Ultimax rotors and EBC Greenstuff pads) may not allow the calipers to fit over the rotors once the new, thick pads are in the calipers.  To remedy this, remove the shims from the backs of the brake pads, and you should be all set.
-Properly bedding the pads in is key to a job well done.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2012, 09:11:54 PM »

-If your rotors are stuck as hell on the hubs like mine were, use two 8mm bolts and alternately screw them into the threaded holes in the hats of the rotors a little at a time until the rotors pop off the hubs.

Fuck that.  Use a BFH.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2012, 02:59:02 AM »

^ 'Scuse me?  If you're referring to some sort of hammer, we tried that for like 20 minutes.  All it did was destroy my old rotors, and they didn't budge a bit.  Then, we tried using the 2 bolt method, and wallah... the rotors came right off.  Science... who'da thunk it?

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: January 20, 2012, 07:33:37 AM »

You need a bigger hammer then.  I've been able to get stuck rotors off with a few taps.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: January 20, 2012, 07:39:45 AM »

I agree you might need a bigger hammer. Hammer method is awesome I've used it to remove rotors that have been on cars for 10+ years...
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 20, 2012, 09:44:54 AM »

I can back up what Dave said, we had a pretty BFH and it did nothing. We took turns whailing away on it and got no where. Thankfully we had those 2 bolts laying around or else Dav would have been driving home with half a GS swap lol.

Steve - NECM #4

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 20, 2012, 10:19:33 AM »

Tim,

When I go to Kentucky, if I buy all these parts and I detour through Ohio, can we do this to my car?  Since the last time you were in it you complained that my brakes were garbage.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: January 20, 2012, 12:40:49 PM »

You can do it yourself! It's easy!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: January 20, 2012, 08:04:44 PM »

Tim,

When I go to Kentucky, if I buy all these parts and I detour through Ohio, can we do this to my car?  Since the last time you were in it you complained that my brakes were garbage.

Sure dude, but you have to bring me pastrami sammiches and sour pickles from a deli in Brooklyn.

Tim
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2012, 10:48:38 PM »

Deal!

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012