Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:28:43 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: Convert LX Overhead Console to EX Overhead Console  (Read 7830 times)
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2009, 09:45:09 PM »

alrightay! I have begun this project finally and its actually rather easy so far. all I've done is laid out the wiring (after finally understanding what wires do what, which I will explain) now so far what I've done is:

routed wire for the ambient light to the glovebox
routed wire for the door switch to the middle of the driver side A pillar

what needs to be done:
get the overhead console with the ambient light
connect the wires and what not
test it!

the wires you need to find/what they do:
red/black: its in the glovebox, for the parking lights
green/red: driver side A pillar, for the switch where you can choose whether you want the map lights to come on when you open the door
black: ground
red: ground
blue/white: constant power
green: from maplight connector to homelink connector
Here's a picture of the wires:

so here are the steps so far
1. remove the glove box to find the red/black wire

the wire i'm going to use is the one that goes to the light in the glovebox which turns on with the parking lights.
2. run a wire from the overhead console down the passenger side A pillar to the glove box

down the A pillar:

to the glovebox:
its the red wire!

3. remove the driver side A pillar to find the green/red wire

4. run a wire from the overhead console to the driver side A pillar
wire is green

5. have enough wire at the overhead console so that way you know you've got enough wire to work with(i probably have to much but the more the better)

6. solder the green wire to the green/red wire

7. run a new wire to the driver side A Pillar to connect to the black wire for a ground point then solder them!

I used the same color wire as the one that's connected to the green/red so I taped the end for the ground wire to be able to tell them apart

8. solder the blue/white wires of the maplight connector and the homelink connector together with the white/blue from the existing harness

9. solder the red and black wires together with the green wire thats connected to the black(ground) wire in the driver's side A-Pillar

10. solder the red/black wire from the homelink connector to the black wire(changed it from when I hooked my fogs up to run with the parking lights) that is soldered to the red/black wire in the glovebox

11. solder the green/red from the homelink connector to the green wire that is soldered to the green/red wire in the drivers side A-Pillar

12. solder the two remaining green wires (one on the homelink connector, the other on the maplight connector) together!

the finished product!!!

and make sure everything works...I don't know why but my door trigger doesn't work. It did before everything was put back together, but it's not a big deal to me.

and put everything back together!

BAM! That's everything! It worked for me so it should work for you. Just make sure you SOLDER every connection for the best contact. Let me know what you guys think about it. Like what I should maybe add to it and advice on what I could explain more.

thanks for looking!

Let me know if I should resize the pictures!

Information was transfered from Gen7Accord.com.
ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 08:51:00 AM »

This is real good for any one who needs a homelink.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 11:12:13 AM »

I wouldn't mind picking one up when I have the time and money.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 11:16:00 AM »

I have the homelink, and I don't even know what it does?
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 07:43:26 PM »

Where is the homelink? I dont see it. I have a four car garage at my house = a lot of remotes so it would be nice to get reduce the amount of remotes I have. I know I dont have it now.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
rjp6262

Reputation Power: 2
rjp6262 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 11:12:49 AM »

Homelink can be used to open and close your garage door. i think it can be used to do other things in your house like set the alarm? when i did this (it's my how-to) i didn't get one with homelink as it would have cost a lot more to get that console. it's a nice upgrade to anyone with an LX. i like the ambient light a lot.
another_person
Fucking Newb

another_person pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 01:26:30 AM »

so if I get the unit with the homelink and follow the wiring layout, it should work right? Does the homelink get constant power, or is it switched? I remember some discusion on it, but I can't remember anymore. Also, on the unit with the homelink, it has a solid blue and solid pink. I'm guessing these are for the mic?

another_person
Fucking Newb

another_person pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 09:10:03 PM »

Nevermind, answered my own question kinda...I'm pretty sure blue and pink are for the mic, but I didn't try.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012